Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most improved programme in EL - watch out for it!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    IMO match day programmes can only be judged on a full season. Probably easy enough to pull off a once off.

Shamrock Rovers one was very good last i saw (i don't buy away day programmes anymore as predominantly sh!te) but that was mainly cos of the content but that not much interest to non-rovers folks.

City match day mag is best in league for presentation & professional feel.
    Another thing that the lads having been doing aswell is including articles in each programme that the away team would have an interest in, either about something or someone in the league or the history between the two clubs and a few more bits and pieces, etc, .... to be honest, that is what i'd buy a programme for, when there is something that i'd be interested in inside it.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I always buy a programme, from every game I go to. I did for the first game I ever went to, an England V Wales U16 international in 1976 right up until the last game I went to, Finn Harps V Cork City, last Saturday night.

Although Corks programme is the best effort I've seen in Ireland, it no way matches some programmes I've seen in England! OK, there is more money, effort and contributors in programme production over the water, but more pages would be an improvement to start with in City Edition. After saying all that I still think Citys programme is top class, and this isn't meant as a criticism, I'm just putting my opinion across.

Keep up the good work...ALL programme editors.
    Football is life. The rest is mere detail...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth
    Just to say, the Shelbourne Programme this season looks liek a very good publication and is improving each game. Keep an eye out for it. New commitee and they are doing a sterling <A TITLE="Click for more information about job" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||job|AA1VDw">job</A> so far!!
    i thought the Shels programme was crap. Well for an away fan anyway, there was nothing whatsoever about the visiting team. Is this the usual or just because it was first game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovejam
    i thought the Shels programme was crap. Well for an away fan anyway, there was nothing whatsoever about the visiting team. Is this the usual or just because it was first game?
    Yeah, any time I have got a programme in Shels they have always been poor enough

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    never been that impressed by shels programme. its not the worst, but its nowhere near the best IMO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    But, lets be honest here. Most of the programmes in the League are crap bar Cork. Now it sounds like Drogs have made a step in the right direction but every club needs to be doing that.

Our programme has gone up to €3 from €2 last season. Its crap! For what your paying, its not a good programme, you would have it read in 5 minutes, what about the other 10 minutes during half time

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    $hel$ didn't even produce a programme when we played them in the cup last year
    Finn Harps Dot Com
    www.finnharps.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    UCD were asked and failed to deliver their squad pen pics to the commitee I'm told, so you have to look at your own side for why there was so little on UCD.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DE TOWN
    But, lets be honest here. Most of the programmes in the League are crap bar Cork. Now it sounds like Drogs have made a step in the right direction but every club needs to be doing that.

Our programme has gone up to €3 from €2 last season. Its crap! For what your paying, its not a good programme, you would have it read in 5 minutes, what about the other 10 minutes during half time
    For some reason €3 was put on the programme but as far as I know that was wrong and they were only charging €2. Originally there were plans to make it free I think hence the lack of urgency on articles methinks. I've said it before but the programme like a lot of things in our club suffers from feck all people being willing to help out with anything. Seriously there's about 3 people work on the thing regularly
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    UCD were asked and failed to deliver their squad pen pics to the commitee I'm told, so you have to look at your own side for why there was so little on UCD.
    Who was asked? Terry O'Neill contacted me the last time and I sent pen pictures promptly - don't see why he couldn't have asked me again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    Who was asked? Terry O'Neill contacted me the last time and I sent pen pictures promptly - don't see why he couldn't have asked me again?
    I'm not on the commitee so I haven't a clue I'm only going by what was said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Terry is gone over a year now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    '$hel$ didn't even produce a programme when we played them in the cup last year'

Probably cos there was f*ck all at it ( i remember being at it, straight after the depotivo match yeah?, and the there were as many harps fans a shels - pathetic!!).

Btw drogs programme is 2.50e (are we now the dearest programme in the league?), but seriously it's well worth it!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo
    Btw drogs programme is 2.50e (are we now the dearest programme in the league?),
    Bohs one is 3 euro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlin
    Bohs one is 3 euro.
    is it worth it?
    Salthill/Knocknacarra Gaa Official Website- http://www.salthillknocknacarragaa.ie/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayFrancis
    is it worth it?
    No

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Btw always though the Rovers programme from last season was better in content than the city programme (just!!), but the city programme was better overall (presentation always looked top class)
    Genuine query, Cosmo: how many CCFC issues would you have seen last season to arrive at that opinion? Or how many Rovers' for that matter? We were regularly belting 3-4,000 word articles, that's serious work, trust me. Depends how you judge 'content,' I suppose...

Donie
    ...Schwanholz, Herisau: a little bit of heaven...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Got about 6 or 7 rovers ones (only 2 cork ones) - dont get me wrong Donie, the cork one was top notch and deserved to win programme of the year (thus why the editor of the drogs one looked towards the cork programme this season as he saw it as the benchmark) but i thought the rovers one had some brilliant articles, only my opinion (all rovers related though )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Three euro though is a bit steep, no?

I am saying this cos I brought just enough money for a ticket and a programme assuming programmes would be 2.50 max. I was sorely wrong and had no programme

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Btw drogs programme is 2.50e (are we now the dearest programme in the league?), but seriously it's well worth it!!
    City Edition is 2.50 as was the Finn Harps program last saturday

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast