Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Munster Junior Cup 2004/05

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Believe me Micheals will have it all to do in Tralee.

Would like to see Carrick win it again, all their players and management staff came up throught the Schoolboys ranks of the club. Each and every players is Carrick throught and throught.
    None of the other semi finalists can claim that. Its a magnificant achievement, what other top junior club can claim that fact - none I would think. By all accounts Carrick were impressive in Newcasltewest last Sunday and were minus some key players.
    Clonmel have also looked impressive resently

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    saw the ncw carrick game and while they were deserved victors and the better side carrick were far from impressive and didn`t look a patch on last year.
    they were unable to finish off new castle. i think clonmel are a stronger side at the moment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    All the chat here is about st. michaels, clonmel town and carrick, I wouldn't rule us (Tralee Dynamos) out of it yet. We already have played Carrick this year in Tralee in the Munster Senior Cup and we more than matched them performance wise - and we were the better team over the 90 minutes + extra time and we were dissappointed to lose out on penalties.

I reckon we have a good chance of making it to the final, and if we make it to the final rumour has it that it will be on in Tralee also...

Anyway, fair play to the the teams that are left and best of luck in the semis!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irisheagle
    Regional play Clonmel in the Munster Junior Cup on on Sunday, have they got any hope of success?. If Town win three Tipperary teams and a Kerry team will remain, Carrick Utd. play in the Waterford League but are based in South Tipperary. So were are all the super Limerick teams !!
    Most of the super Limerick teams as you so call them were playing in the later stages of the FAI..Concentrating on the big one rather than the Mun Junior I presume.Out of the 8 teams in the 1/4 final of the FAI, 3 were from the Limerick league. Not a bad return......

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Believe me Micheals will have it all to do in Tralee.

Would like to see Carrick win it again, all their players and management staff came up throught the Schoolboys ranks of the club. Each and every players is Carrick throught and throught.
    None of the other semi finalists can claim that. Its a magnificant achievement, what other top junior club can claim that fact - none I would think. By all accounts Carrick were impressive in Newcasltewest last Sunday and were minus some key players.
    Clonmel have also looked impressive resently
    Carrick got their answer last year when hammered 3-0 in the final of the FAI...
    All the Bulls**t about how good they were, wipe the boards this year , all local players , love the club ., grew up there ... yeah yeah

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    you obviously dont know much about junior football if you dont think the munster junior cup isnt a big competition. its the second hardest junior compo to win after the f.a.i junior. If you were at last years final then you would of seen that fairview deserved to win but not by three goals,two of them were screamers from kellliher i think. Just because there's no limerick teams left in the munster junior, then it must be an inferior competition!! GET REAL, any of the last four in the munster junior would match any team in limerick with ease.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_no9
    Carrick got their answer last year when hammered 3-0 in the final of the FAI...
    All the Bulls**t about how good they were, wipe the boards this year , all local players , love the club ., grew up there ... yeah yeah
    Ye and they don't pay anyone either, if you cannot chat on here without using foul verbs then shut you trap. Then again thats Limerick for you, nothing new there.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ye and they don't pay anyone either, if you cannot chat on here without using foul verbs then shut you trap. Then again thats Limerick for you, nothing new there.
    Touched a nerve their Irish , Some people hate to be proven fools......What has me using as you call "foul verbs" got to do with Limerick, here is another one for you to winge about you girls blouse.. Assh*le.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin
    you obviously dont know much about junior football if you dont think the munster junior cup isnt a big competition. its the second hardest junior compo to win after the f.a.i junior. If you were at last years final then you would of seen that fairview deserved to win but not by three goals,two of them were screamers from kellliher i think. Just because there's no limerick teams left in the munster junior, then it must be an inferior competition!! GET REAL, any of the last four in the munster junior would match any team in limerick with ease.
    I didn't say the Mun Junior wa sn't a big competition if you read the post, I said they were concentrating on the big one (FAI).Was at the final last year and Fairview played Carrick off the park, Kelliher didn't even score, Barrett & Wall hit the 2 screamers and Harmon sickened Carrick and all the locals from Carrick with a third.
    As for yor comment on the Last four , i couldn't even tell you who's left . Were looking at the big one again this year in Limerick..Carew to win the FAI and bring the biggest amature trophy in Europe home again to LIMERICK

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Are Waterford Crystal still the only Junior Club the Munster Senior Cup?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gaffer
    I know that Clonmel Town beat Cobh Ramblers 2-1 recently...fair play to them - that was a great result. Are Carrick still in it?...they beat us and beat a Munster Senior League team but not too sure how they got on since...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Waterford crystal werent in the munster senior cup and havent been for a number of years, clonmel town are in the semi final against avondale i think. Carrick are due to play cork city in turners cross on sunday in the 1/4 final.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sorry I meant "Are Waterford Crystal still the only Junior Club to WIN the Munster Senior Cup

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    lads this is a football forum no need for all the rows

on the mjc we played clonmel last sunday there a good side. good going forward but will have to improve at the back and i saw carrick play the week before and they were no great shakes against an average newcastle side i`d tip clonmel to take carrick this year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How good are St. Michaels this year?, they did beat Fairview and Leeside on the way so they must be quality...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    saints are strong still goin well in tipp league and cup and fancy there chances in munster junior . they have good goalie in bennis(ex pike) but have lost star defender paul tobin to limerick fc. they still have junior international chalkie walsh at centre half and breen who plays with him is very good also. they have a very big experienced midfield but i think there weakness is up front where they lack pace. they have good subs with 4 or 5 youths making up the squad. watch out for 16 year old richie ryan coming off the bench very good player. clonmel are also very experienced at the back and in midfield. they have a very good striker in alan coady cud win them the cup. clonmels ace card however are there young players. ian barnes , paul shanahan,adam mcsherry and michael mchugh are all top drawer players with pace in their teens. the winner of cup will defo come from tipp south

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balls
    saints are strong still goin well in tipp league and cup and fancy there chances in munster junior . they have good goalie in bennis(ex pike) but have lost star defender paul tobin to limerick fc. they still have junior international chalkie walsh at centre half and breen who plays with him is very good also. they have a very big experienced midfield but i think there weakness is up front where they lack pace. they have good subs with 4 or 5 youths making up the squad. watch out for 16 year old richie ryan coming off the bench very good player. clonmel are also very experienced at the back and in midfield. they have a very good striker in alan coady cud win them the cup. clonmels ace card however are there young players. ian barnes , paul shanahan,adam mcsherry and michael mchugh are all top drawer players with pace in their teens. the winner of cup will defo come from tipp south
    Maybe michael's, i havent seen them this year so i dont know what there like but i cant see town doing it though. I was at the town -regional game, very poor dispaly by town i thought they got out of jail. I think slow would be a better word instead of experienced, the two goals they conceeded were from long balls over the top, Coady was taken off after 20 minutes due to a concussion but didnt touch the ball while he was on the pitch although he only needs one chance. Of any of the young players, barnes is the only one worth mentioning. Good going forward but left huge gaps down the left due to not tracking back, there centre midfield pairing and ian cleary are their best players. Everyone seems to be overlooking dynamos, i tipp them to turn over michael's!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balls
    I wouldn't rule carrick out of the equation yet,everyone seems to fancy clonmel town but in my view carrick have still got to play their best football in this competition - it wasn't by luck that they won it last year!

As for ourselves, we should have a fair chance against any team at home in tralee...the game against St. Michaels is scheduled for the 16th April...should be a cracking game!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have said from the start of this thread that Tralee will go well, once they are drawn at home they are a force. If Micheals are not fully focused they could leave rather sick. Clonmel were woefull by all accounts against Regional. Carrick are not playing as well as last season agreed, but they will not give up and remain a force. Both semi finals could go either way but Town will not have that homer referee to help them against Carrick !! as he did against Regional. Also Carrick done well in Newcastlewest with another homer waiting to gave the homeside anything he could but Carrick remained disciplined and gave him no reason to blow. The penalty the home side got was a joke. Remember Carrick have beaten two top Cork senior League sides on the Road this season. They travel to play Cork City in this competation on Sunday. The local paper states City refused Carrick's request to play the game in Carrick, were an attendance of 3,000 could have been expected. Carrick play town on April 16 and tralee host Micheals the following day. Incidently the guy Alan Cody, Town's striker, is a Carrick lad. Its interesting to note all the out of town players Micheals have compaired to Carrick. Now what attraction is there in Tipp Town that takes players from all over to them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wonder would ladbrokes quote any odds on the semi finals similar to the FAI junior cup semis and quarters?, or even the odds on all teams left of winning the competition outright...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast