Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2017/18

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Big test Friday night for both ratkeale and Abbey, both with tough away games.. if rovers produce last wks form it will be big test, and ratkeale could struggle if broadford are up for game, broadford have had v poor season for there standards so surely they will aim to finish on high and test themselves for next season..was impressed when I seen most of there game v Abbey.. think it could be 2 draws and all will be level after wknd again..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Rathkeale had a good win away to Broadford and abbey winning 4-1 against Rovers. Rovers with 7 B team players. Seems like their players have given up already this season

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Friday, May 11th

Riedy Cup Final
    Shountrade 1 Ferry Rangers 0

Premier Division
    Glin Rovers 0 Granagh Utd 1
    Newcastle West Rovers 1 Abbeyfeale Utd 4
    Broadford Utd 0 Rathkeale 2

Division 1
    Killeaney 2 Breska Rovers 1
    AK Utd 1 Kildimo Utd 2

Saturday, May 12th

Youths Division 1 League Cup Final
    Askeaton 2 Broadford Utd 3

Sunday, May 13th

Premier Division League Cup SFs
    Rathkeale 3 Granagh Utd 0
    Glin Rovers 0 Abbeyfeale Utd 2

Division 2 League Cup SFs
    Bally Rovers 1 St Itas 6
    Glin Rovers B 2 Rathkeale B 0

Division 3 League Cup SFs
    Carrig Celtic B 0 Creeves Celtic 5
    Athea Utd B 2 Broadford Utd B 5

Premier Division
    Carrig Celtic 2 Ballingarry 1
    Shannonside 4 Newcastle West Rovers 4

Division 1
    Kildimo Utd 1 Killeaney 0
    Ballysteen 3 AK Utd 0

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    FIXTURES

Thursday, May 17th

Premier Division
    Carrig Celtic V Abbeyfeale Utd 7pm (P. O’Brien)

Friday, May 18th

Division 1
    Newcastle West V Killeaney 7pm (G. O’Connor)

Division 2
    Ferry Rangers V Newcastle West Rovers B 7pm (P. O’Donnell)

Saturday, May 19th

Youths Division 1
    Broadford Utd V Newcastle West Town 230 (W. Fitzgerald)

Division 2 League Cup Final (et & pens)
    St Itas V Glin Rovers B, 730pm, Clounreask, (T. Fitzmaurice, E. Barrett, P. O’Brien 4th Official TBA)

Sunday, May 20th

Premier Division
    Ballingarry V Newcastle West Rovers 11am (P. O’Connor)
    Broadford Utd V Athea Utd 1130 (J. Roche)
    Granagh Utd V Shannonside 1130 (T. Fitzmaurice)
    Rathkeale V Glin Rovers 1130 (P. King)

Division 1
    Killeaney V Abbeyfeale Utd B 230 (P. O’Brien)
    Adare Utd V Glantine 1130 (L. O’Connor)
    Newcastle West V AK Utd 230 (J. Roche)
    Kildimo Utd V Feenagh 1130 (P. Manning)
    Breska Rovers V Ballysteen 1130 (G. O’Connor)

Division 2
    Knockaderry V Ferry Rangers 230 (JP Murphy)
    Askeaton V Bally Rovers 1130 (E. Noonan)

Division 3
    Athea Utd B V Broadford Utd Reserves 230 (J. Molyneaux)
    Ballingarry B V Creeves Celtic 230 (S. Hartnett)

Friday, May 25th

Division 3 League Cup Final (et & pens)
    Broadford Utd Reserves V Creeves Celtic, 730, Clounreask (Provisional, to be confirmed)

Division 1
    AK Utd V Killeaney in Kilcornan 7pm
    Ballysteen V Adare Utd 7pm
    Abbeyfeale Utd B V Newcastle West 7pm
    Glantine V Kildimo Utd 7pm
    Feenagh V Breska Rovers 7pm (to be confirmed)

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The relegation battle in division 1 looks to be getting very tense and tight now following todays result, with breska winning, glantine drawing, while ak feenagh, ballysteen lose and abbey giving a walkover. so i would presume the league would look a bit like this now. Who would ye fancy to stay up with 3 games left?
    5. ak 19
    6. ballysteen 17
    7. abbey B 16 (is the rule still there you lose 3 pts due to walkover?)
    8. feenagh 15
    9. breska 14
    10. glantine 14

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Abbey will be deducted 3 points. Glantine and Feenagh will go down

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruyff View Post
    Abbey will be deducted 3 points. Glantine and Feenagh will go down
    be very good news for those in and around the relegation zone if abbey are deducted, wont get easier for them now with ncw next up

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Abbeyfeale United B and Athea United should be ashamed of themselves, especially Athea giving their second of the season. They’ve been a joke this season, a Premier team quite literally throwing in the towel whilst in a relegation battle is farcical.

As for AK United, they got 7 lads together and played around an hour and got beat 10-1 by Newcastle West AFC.
    Fair play to them for actually having the stones to put together some form of a team unlike others, but with that said they’d want to take a look at themselves considering they carry themselves like football was founded in Kilcornan.

Rant over.
    Last edited by Shearer; 20/05/2018 at 10:28 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Abbeyfeale United B and Athea United should be ashamed of themselves, especially Athea giving their second of the season. They’ve been a joke this season, a Premier team quite literally throwing in the towel whilst in a relegation battle is farcical.

As for AK United, they got 7 lads together and played around an hour and got beat 10-1 by Newcastle West AFC.
    Fair play to them for actually having the stones to put together some form of a team unlike others, but with that said they’d want to take a look at themselves considering they carry themsleves like football was founded in Kilcornan.

Rant over.
    so judging by this rant, and points deductions due to walkover, athea are relegated to division 1? am i correct in saying so shearer or is that rule gone???? oh and according to the website ncw only beat ak 6-1? dunno whats going on there?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Yeah they’ll be deducted three points and subsequently won’t be able to stay up.
    It was 10-1 from what I’ve heard. The scores seem to be put incorrectly anytime a big win occurs.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    defo 10-1 i know couple of lads from either team and that was the score. imo i would scrap the 3 game walkover rule, so if you dont play 3 your kicked out, reduce it to 2, to try and get teams to play more often without giving away needless points, like for instance, if abbeyfeale B somehow won today they wouldnt have been in with a chance of getting relegated, but now they are in with a chance thanks to breska winning and glantine drawing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post

Fair play to them for actually having the stones to put together some form of a team unlike others, but with that said they’d want to take a look at themselves considering they carry themselves like football was founded in Kilcornan.

Rant over.
    Well said!
    It's bad (but understandable) when you have a B team to give a walk over on occassion (players away, injured missing etc.) but for a first team to do it is terrible... especially in the Premier... I presume there are fines in addition to the points deduction??
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YA BEAUTY! What a hit son... what a hit!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The Desmond League should change its name to the Never Ending League, started in August Last year and we're nearly in june , so is July the only month of the year with no games ie a 11 month season?? FFS
    Unless your top of your league most fellows sick of it.

Injuries , holidays, Limerick Hurling match all reasons for walkovers yesterday. Atheas main focus is intermediate Football this year , might as well get used to walkovers with summer soccer going head to head with Football & Hurling next year.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Shearer, you've a real chip on your shoulder about Kilcornan, I'd love to know who p1ssed you off there. I've always been quick to defend Kilcornan and AK. They made the move to try and amalgamate with Adare to make a better club, Adare pulled out at the last minute but Kilcornan stuck with it. I think any team who think soccer was invented by them wouldn't be willing to make those changes. I don't know why they dont just go back to being Kilcornan again. I always thought the more natural amalgamation there was with Kildimo or Askeaton or Pallaskenry, 3 very close clubs who struggle every year

I am friends with one of their players, he told me recently that they only have a panel of about 14 this year and there was 3 of them going to America and 1 in Mexico. They had 2 lads taken off injured in the Desmond cup semi, so I can understand how they are struggling for players. And as you say, they showed some balls to go out and play and continue into the second half.
    I can'y understand the Athea situation though, surely a club with 2 teams could pull 11 players out of somewhere

15. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]Nathan, I willback you up on that a right chip by the lucks of things. Fair Play to AK fortrying to field a team yesterday.

I think most teams in the league struggled yesterday with the hurling nevermind the poor teams that had 2.30 kick offs.

Newcastle Division 1 to lose by the looks of things after results the weekend,

Glantine and Feenagh to go down, Breska will come good in the last few games.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbeyman View Post
    The Desmond League should change its name to the Never Ending League, started in August Last year and we're nearly in june , so is July the only month of the year with no games ie a 11 month season?? FFSUnless your top of your league most fellows sick of it.Injuries , holidays, Limerick Hurling match all reasons for walkovers yesterday. Atheas main focus is intermediate Football this year , might as well get used to walkovers with summer soccer going head to head with Football & Hurling next year. .
    Fair point about the length of the season Abbeyman - the weather did not help this winter with plenty games lost - also this season the league agreed all teams had to play the last 4 games at the same time which has delayed the finish somewhat

Summer soccer will stop matches (you'd hope) from being lost to the weather but going head to head you'll likely lose teams rather than having lots of walkovers in time - with evenings available for matches though it should be possible for both to exist - FFS once inter county kicks in there's no club games for weeks or months
    Last edited by Langerdan007; 21/05/2018 at 2:11 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I know the weather was partially to blame, but to be honest there were some weeks where games could have went ahead but was still called off in a blanket cancellation, if you look at our league compared to the district, they mainly only have league and relegation play offs, although pike having to play 9 more league games can see the league going to mid to late june. also to the point with abbeyfeale and athea giving walkovers, there from regions in Limerick where hurling isnt really that strong and are more concentrated on football, so to say that Limerick Hurling match was a reason for some people giving walkovers, thats a joke

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    There was some "minding" their pitches alright at times, tough one for the league, if they dont have a blanket call off and teams travel and the ref calls it off they'll be savaged as well - damned if you do.........

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Thursday, May 17th

Premier Division
    Carrig Celtic 0 Abbeyfeale Utd 5

Friday, May 18th

Division 1
    Newcastle West 1 Killeaney 1

Division 2
    Ferry Rangers 3 Newcastle West Rovers B 3

Saturday, May 19th

Youths Division 1
    Broadford Utd 3 Newcastle West Town 0

Division 2 League Cup Final
    St Itas 1 Glin Rovers B 0 aet

Sunday, May 20th

Premier Division
    Ballingarry 1 Newcastle West Rovers 1
    Broadford Utd V Athea Utd, walkover to Broadford Utd
    Granagh Utd 5 Shannonside 3
    Rathkeale 3 Glin Rovers 0

Division 1
    Killeaney V Abbeyfeale Utd B, walkover to Killeaney
    Adare Utd 1 Glantine 1
    Newcastle West 10 AK Utd 1
    Kildimo Utd 4 Feenagh 1
    Breska Rovers 4 Ballysteen 0

Division 2
    Knockaderry 1 Ferry Rangers 2
    Askeaton 2 Bally Rovers 3

Division 3
    Athea Utd B 1 Broadford Utd Reserves 1
    Ballingarry B 1 Creeves Celtic 0

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbrown View Post
    Shearer, you've a real chip on your shoulder about Kilcornan, I'd love to know who p1ssed you off there.
    Quote Originally Posted by runinglate View Post
    Nathan, I willback you up on that a right chip by the lucks of things.
    Reel yourselves in there, boys. I'll be the first to applaud a club for doing well, but if you're going to single me out as having a chip on my shoulder with regard to AK United then there's a whole pile more on this forum you could do the same to as this is not their first time being the centre of discussion.

I hold AK United to a higher standard than others of the same level considering the investment that's gone in recent seasons with just a second-place finish in Division Two and two Desmond Cup Semi-Finals in three seasons to show for. Fair play to them for getting even that much success thus far, but when you're doing silly things like taking photos with your new manager holding up a jersey outside a local hotel being flanked by new signings along with photos of one of players with his name and number on the back then you're inviting criticism.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast