Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    of the 90 + minutes this game will entail, George Hamilton will spend a good 15 minutes of it getting player's name's wrong. That said, decent crowd, lovely day for a cup final. Previous editions have been "Winter is Coming" weather IIRC. Think Cork might actually squeak this by the odd goal. Vemmelund looks like a guy that's already not playing with Dundalk at least mentally.
    Just on Hamilton, at one stage therein the second half the ball is running out for a corner/throw and Hamilton comments that it's running out. The ball hits the corner flag post and stays in, but Hamilton finishes his comment that it's run out. Then it's collected by Duffy and Hamilton comments what a great effort Duffy maðe to keep it in. Was he even watching the game ?
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    I noticed that alright...you would wonder what he sees sometimes. He's a very good commentator overall but he makes some weird gaffes too, but at least he's not Ger Canning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    I noticed that alright...you would wonder what he sees sometimes. He's a very good commentator overall but he makes some weird gaffes too, but at least he's not Ger Canning.
    I don't think I'd have watched if Ger Canning was commentating, or at least I'd have stuck on RTE Radio 1 commentary over the picture. There's only so many times I can hear 'Dundork' before I want to break my TV.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Gary Rogers to count here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    So it goes to penalties, the cruelest yet fairest way to decide it all. Great equalizer for cork by campion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Rogers was too quick to pick a side and made it easy for Cork.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Happy for the players they deserve a bit of credit for the year they have put in and should get it now. Can't wait for next season

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    More flares thrown at the firefighters after dundalk scored. Horrible club and fans.

Congrats to Cork on the win.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Congratulations to cork and particularly mcnulty. Fully deserved, they looked tactically better, hungrier and fitter throughout. Delighted kenny's ridiculous mind games during the week didn't have any effect, if anything they probably just gave cork an extra edge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Well done to Cork on winning the double. It was an enjoyable final overall. I thought Dundalk looked the more likely to win but it was tight. Fair play to Cork for pulling back an equaliser and bringing it to penalties. Campion did well to score his goal, but it was slack defending from Dundalk; poor communication between Vemmelund and Massey really.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Very enjoyable game as a neutral. Good tv viewing
    http://trophymanager.com/?c=489688
    Trophy Manager - online football managment game - I like it - I think I'm getting obsessed with it though.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Well done Cork.
    It was fairly freezing in the upper sections of the aviva by the end, but my abiding memory will be Bennet (and one other player who I couldn't make out) turning to sprint toward their own fans, while the rest of the team ran to celebrate with Sadlier.
    Says it all about Bennett. Great player!
    Reminds me of the yr Chelsea beat Bayern in the CL final. Cole and Lampard (the only London lads on the team) did the exact same thing while everyone else on the team ran to celebrate with Drogba.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Well done Cork, delighted to see the honest team win. Once again O'Donnell falling to the ground cheating. Delighted he's sick tonight. Total filth, like his club.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,102 Posts
    Great game. Very entertaining even in spite of the lack of goals in normal time. Nice to see Maguire and O'Connor in the mix also. It's a tight group that is. With Delaney leaving and a striker needed, it will be an important winter in the market for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Well done Cork, a McNulty penalty save in front of the Dundalk fans...must of been sweet for him

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    More flares thrown at the firefighters after dundalk scored. Horrible club and fans.
    Some of the Cork fans in the South stand did the same, both at firefighters and stewards. Will you call Cork a horrible club with horrible fans too?
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

21. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MattB11 View Post
    Well done Cork, a McNulty penalty save in front of the Dundalk fans...must of been sweet for him
    You could almost say McNulty f%&^ed the lilywhites. #GreatestLeagueInTheWorld
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post

Congrats to Cork on the win.
    Stones in glasshouses Asterix and you know it with all yer sh1te talk. I dont suppose that you saw flares being thrown out on to the pitch by both sets of fans behind the goals toward the fire fighters? Complete disgrace and as per usual while serious injury could have happened the Stadium TV channel cut to footage of the flares as respective goals were celebrated. Everyone was searched going in so those flares must be stuck where the sun dont shine - the amount by both groups was ridiculous.
    While sitting in the premium section of the East Stand right on half way there was a Cork couple sitting among us Dundalk fans who got destroyed by food and beer thrown from the tier above when Cork scored. Both unfortunate and ironic that it were Cork fans that copped the ummm over exuberant celebrations from the Cork fans above. They complained to the steward at the entrance to the block (305) and they were not so politely told where to go - if thats the general attitude of stewards I suppose its no surprise that flares get carried in.

I thought Dundalk look well off the pace in the first half both in terms of a tiredness and and being bullied physically off the ball. Better second half with more composed passages of play, stronger in the tackle and got to breaking balls which didnt happen at all first half. McCormack was exceptional and again imo the real ace up Caulfield's sleeve in how he can get at Dundalk. Rogers would have been near motm as some of the saves he made kept Dundalk in the game especially earlier on. McNulty's little collapse to the ground in an attempt to get Gartland in trouble looked quite funny from the angle we were at, the perfect cartoon villain after that. As per usual neither set of fans was that pleased with the refereeing as there were a few strange calls that went for and against both sides. I think Dundalk could have turned the screw after the 1st goal but Cork dug deep and Dundalk started to fall deep in the 2nd half of extra time when more of the same was needed. Rogers seemed to commit too early in the shootout and I think the first 3 Cork penalties were more or less down the middle.

It was a close game as was to be expected in this continued rivalry. Credit where its due to Cork not just for today or this season but for the way they kept going and improving after disappointments. So congratulations on the double. In a way the shine would have been taken off the league win with the form coming in to this final and if this final had been lost the incredible first 2 rounds of the season would have been pretty distant so while losing on penalties isnt nice the result cant be begrudged either. These types of losses can help garner the resolve of a team and club as it did with Cork and I hope (and expect) that Dundalk will use this in the same way that Cork did and come back with a more determined focus next season.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 05/11/2017 at 7:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Tough one to take but that's football. Congrats to Cork, stuck in there. A double is some achievement.

Hilarious the number of Rovers fans on here twisting the knife. Highlight of their season, how the mighty have fallen....

26. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Fair summary draw was a fair result. The next few weeks of transfers in and out will shape things up for next season. Hoping we don't lose anyone we want to keep

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast