Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2016 away thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Maybe a very slight exaggeration
    id say at least 50% of those 275,000 applications are due to multiple applications by some. group of four is heading over..... all 4 apply for 4 tickets etc etc

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    One thing that Junior has not answered is, would you be discounted for applying for 4, so someone applying for 2 gets more of a chance of getting them to even them out? UEFA wont want to be charging for 2 out of 4 available for example. So are those who applied for 4 at a hindrance.

My default is to always use a credit card, thankfully that works out for me, i also default to get the more expensive tickets, because that way in my mind you give yourself more of a chance for two reasons 1) Uefa want to make as much money as possible 2) most people will apply for cheaper tickets. IF uefa have an option of selling 4 tickets to one person at the highest price than doing so individually I believe they will - taking into account the FAI prioritisation i mean.

So what if 4 tickets aren't available, there are only 2 left for the cat i am in, and none in the others, will they then change my application to 2? Its not clear any of this.

The banker in me, says that UEFA insist on a credit card because its easier take bulk payments as the bank will honour it, they wont honour a debit card without sufficient funds, especially one without any overdraft...
    Last edited by paul_oshea; 21/01/2016 at 1:10 PM.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    I also default to get the more expensive tickets, because that way in my mind you give yourself more of a chance for two reasons 1) Uefa want to make as much money as possible 2) most people will apply for cheaper tickets.
    Yeah, I'm regretting not applying for Cat.2's now. At least I'd be eligible for Cat.1's then as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Newstalk are on the case

I'd be surprised if Visa Debit Cards are not accepted in the end, it might be a different story if it was the old Laser card or something... do they still exist?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is lots of coverage from UEFA and the various FA's (Welsh/English and Irish) that payment can only be made by Credit Card and Debit Cards will not be accepted. Many people had initially used their debit card and the application went through ok however on reading the specific instruction went back and edited the application to change to a credit card. If you check out the FAQ's on uefa.com you will see it there in black and white.
    B*llocks. Cheers for the info nevertheless. Only myself to blame.

Although, I have definitely used my Visa debit card (it's UK/Natwest) to process "credit card only" transactions with other merchants before, so maybe it'll work... We'll see if there's any further word from this Newstalk investigation. It's not possible to go back and edit the payment details with credit card info now, is it? It doesn't seem to be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    id say at least 50% of those 275,000 applications are due to multiple applications by some. group of four is heading over..... all 4 apply for 4 tickets etc etc
    That's definitely the case with our group anyway. There are 4 of us and we all applied for 4 each, but only need 4 in total.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    One thing that Junior has not answered is, would you be discounted for applying for 4, so someone applying for 2 gets more of a chance of getting them to even them out? UEFA wont want to be charging for 2 out of 4 available for example. So are those who applied for 4 at a hindrance.
    Uefa, say its all or nothing. So if you apply for 4, you are either successful for 4 or 0. nothing in between.

Now, I've no idea whether this will be adhered to as FAI are the ones reviewing the applications and deciding who is successful and who isnt and then passing that back to UEFA to be processed. I'd imagine they have to follow that protocol and will not be allowing part successful applications.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Good news for debit card users. According to the Irish Sun, UEFA have confirmed that debit card applications will be processed just like credit card applications: http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepa...ckets-bid.html

Quote Originally Posted by The Irish Sun
    IRISH fans who have applied for Euro 2016 tickets using debit cards will not be excluded from the Uefa draw, the Irish Sun has learned.

Reports earlier today quoted Europe’s footballing body declaring that only applications made using credit cards were guaranteed to be accepted.

However, the Irish Sun understands that while Uefa officially only accepts credit card applications, those made using debit card details will not be treated any differently.

A Uefa source said: “Only some countries, including Ireland, actually use debit cards. They don’t exist in many other countries in Europe.

“That is why it is Uefa policy to use credit cards, as they are universal.

“However, the debit cards work as long as they have sufficient funds, so there should not be any issue.

“So there is no cause for alarm.”

The Uefa payment system accepted debit payments from an unknown number of Irish fans ahead of the January 18 deadline.

In an official statement this afternoon, Uefa told the Irish Sun: “Payment can still work with debit cards.

“However, the payment process is only guaranteed with a credit card and if the amount due can be debited, provided the card has sufficient funds on it.

“We have successfully used exactly the same principle during the general ticket sales phase in June/July 2015 without having any issues.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I remember one of the main selling points of a Visa Debit Card was that it can be used anywhere a Visa Credit Card is accepted. And, like Danny said, I've definitely used it for transactions that were supposed to be credit card only. That's good news anyway that they seem to be accepting them (even if it does reduce the chances of us credit card users having a successful application ).

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    EU law means they have to take debit cards too AFAIK, as alluded to, in the last but one post.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    What a pain. Our house was burgled last weekend and my mobile, wallet and other stuff were taken. Thankfully almost everything stolen was subsequently retrieved, but I immediately cancelled my cards and ordered new ones. I just went into the UEFA portal to amend my payment method and it wouldn't accept any amendment. I called the ticket line and spoke to an operator and she confirmed that no change can now be made. My application for 4 tickets per game up to the QF round is automatically void.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    that's **** man, sorry to hear that
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Balls Stutts.... what a killer. The UEFA crew could have been a bit more accommodating in the circumstances but hardly surprising I suppose.

15. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Have you spoke to the credit card company / bank concerned to see if there is any way to let one potential transaction go through on the old card number or a way of linking the old card with the new card for the potential 'UEFA' transaction?

I spoke with my credit card company yesterday, just to ensure, under no circumstances do they reject a payment from UEFA in the next few weeks. Its possible, though probably unlikely that a large foreign transaction like that can cause the fraud dept to review and reject the payment. If that happens then UEFA won't be discussing it with you, your application is null and void and they move on to the next one.

Anyway, the credit card company have a record of our conversation and flagged it etc.. so should be no issues. They can be quite accommodating, might be worth a discussion anyway.

On a related note, it seems that applicants from 75%+ of the competing nations have now been made aware if successful or not. A handful of the larger ones (us, England, Germany, Wales a few others) haven't as yet, likely due to the demand and also the fact that the associations concerned will in theory be applying some kind of ranking to the applications based on points or whatever. There is a poster on YBIG who has been following it very closely. I expect we will hear early next week. Fingers crossed all round.

EDIT: PS Stutts, if/when you get your rejection email I would be straight on to the FAI. They have at least 2k back pocket tickets for each game and in JD's own words, these are to help sort genuine fans who have slipped through the net. With your record on file with FAI, you'd have a chance of getting what you need direct from FAI - though it may take a few months to sort.
    Last edited by Junior; 04/02/2016 at 12:37 PM.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

17. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    The UEFA ticket system seems to be a bit of a farce, to be honest.

They can't even tell you when you will be paying for the tickets.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    It always has been and always will be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brine3 View Post
    The UEFA ticket system seems to be a bit of a farce, to be honest.

They can't even tell you when you will be paying for the tickets.
    They'll take the money when the 'lottery' results are in. That's my understanding anyway. What other ways could they actually work it? I suppose they could be more definite about the lottery dates for each country but that's probably difficult with the large volumes.

I presume the resale portal will be similar to the standard portal they used for 2012, i.e. hours & hours of checking with nothing there but eventually you might strike gold?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Are we any closer to a murmur?
    For the Olympics and the RWC they informed you of your success and then stated when the money would likely to be taken out. I've been keeping cash in my card account for the last 2 weeks. Gah. Brostaigh UEFA.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Are we any closer to a murmur?
    For the Olympics and the RWC they informed you of your success and then stated when the money would likely to be taken out. I've been keeping cash in my card account for the last 2 weeks. Gah. Brostaigh UEFA.
    a lot of angry nordies this morning following their allocation it appears but nothing on us yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    The button has been pushed as per ybig.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast