Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Which Merseyside team will finish higher in this seasons Premiership?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liverpool

22 44.00%
  • Everton

28 56.00%
Page 13 of 153 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton and Liverpool discussion

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    I take it you didn't see Spurs on the telly Saturday?
    i didi indeed

Now that's the way to play football. Attractive, measured, fast, loads of chances etc.
    LOL everton being crap had nothing to do with it then??

Not 'give the ball to Stevie and he'll thump it forward' stuff.
    ok we will try ignore the best midfielder in europe just to please you then
    oh by the way who do leeds give the ball to to thump it forward LOL?

Can't see Spurs form lasting, but as a neutral when it comes to the Premiership it's good to watch good football. And it must be said that wherever you stand on the whole Liverpool/Everton debate, Merseyside could hardly be accuse of producing attractive footballing sides these days.
    well we all cant play the long hoofing game of the championship division game now can we??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Again, I love your insight into football. Some sides in the Championship play ugly football, some play a good passing game. Wigan play good football for example. As Liverpool have proved in recent years, and Arsenal in the early 90s, being a 'big club' is no bar to playing negative football or a long ball game.
    yeah yeah championship football is amazing

Btw I note you suggest that Everton are 'crap'. Remind me again, who won the last Merseyside derby? And what would that make the losing team? Oh yeah, 'unlucky'

LOL so arsenal got spannered at anfield that must make them even worse!!??? Hilarious arguements there by you again. and just what does that make man united then after last performance against the mighty exeter?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Are you as dismissive of Irish football? Is that some joke to you?
    irrelevant statement here...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why is it irrelevant? Because you can't answer.

I mean, you keep bringing Championship football into a thread about Liverpool.

eh says the guy talking about how good spurs are and how theyll qualify for the CL

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ??????

Are you making up stuff again? Did this come from the same dream where Gerrard was given World and European Footballer of the Year?

is this a kiddies forum or something LOL???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Beattie versus Morientes

4tothefloor and the rest of ye lads are on a different wavelength than us blues. Beattie is a tremendous signing and as the PM remarked he'll probably have equalled Dillo's scoring ratio come the end of the season. I'd have far more faith in him than Morientes. In terms of footballing ability, Morientes is past his best and he'll be a big fish in a small pond at Liverpool. I can see the majority of Fernando's scoring been restricted to the Concert Square area.
    On a separate note, I don't know what playstation games some of you lot play. I regularly play Pro Evolution Soccer on the X-box but would never lower myself to play with Liverpool or ManUre for that matter. I am usually Everton and beat the likes of Real with ease .
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillo
    4tothefloor and the rest of ye lads are on a different wavelength than us blues. Beattie is a tremendous signing and as the PM remarked he'll probably have equalled Dillo's scoring ratio come the end of the season. I'd have far more faith in him than Morientes. In terms of footballing ability, Morientes is past his best and he'll be a big fish in a small pond at Liverpool. I can see the majority of Fernando's scoring been restricted to the Concert Square area.
    On a separate note, I don't know what playstation games some of you lot play. I regularly play Pro Evolution Soccer on the X-box but would never lower myself to play with Liverpool or ManUre for that matter. I am usually Everton and beat the likes of Real with ease .
    Liverpool could be an interesting place over the next few months with both Beattie and Morientes in town. I just wonder is the city big enough for both of them. As you pointed out Dillo, they will certainly score lots in the Concert Square area. However, not since the days of Jamie Redknapp and the Spice Boys has Merseyside had so much to look forward to.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Conor74 is talking $hit again! Liverpool play a long ball game under Benitez? Gerrard hoofing the ball forward? You shouldn't be posting here when you're under the influence, it's embarrasing. I suppose that's what watching Leeds does to people

(Que the childish sarcastic reply, to mask a complete lack of football knowledge)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Moral victory for the Glory Hornet Boys

Quote Originally Posted by mypost
    As for Plastic, if we play most of our first team in the first leg next week, and play like we have been at home this season, the Watford fans there, may need to bring an abacus to count up the goals we score.
    It's Paddy btw, not "Plastic". Imagine if I called you "my". Hmmph.

Well, if we were using the Liverpool FC abacus, there'd only be the need for one ball. Mind you, I couldn't spot a Liverpool player out there tonight who had two balls. Good thing the referee played his part and made sure of the home side's win, though. And people moan about penalties never being awarded at Old Trafford.

Hey mypost, a grovelling retraction is in order. I await with keen interest.

PP
    Last edited by Plastic Paddy; 11/01/2005 at 9:04 PM.
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy
    Well, if we were using the Liverpool FC abacus, there'd only be the need for one ball. Mind you, I couldn't spot a Liverpool player out there tonight who had two balls. Good thing the referee played his part and made sure of the home side's win, though.

Hey mypost, a grovelling retraction is in order. I await with keen interest.

PP
    Retraction??? Sorry, you ain't gonna get it!!

Even if we didn't stack up the goals, we won the game, kept a clean sheet, and got our own back for the defeat in 99, now all we have to do is repeat our victory at Watford in 2000, (sorry ) in the second leg, to play Chelsea in the final.

Oh, and another thing, moral victories don't win you league cups!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liverpool were rubbish last night. Thought Watford definitely deserved something from the game. Won't be easy at Vicarage Road in a fortnight!
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Liverpool were rubbish last night. Thought Watford definitely deserved something from the game. Won't be easy at Vicarage Road in a fortnight!
    Stay out of it dillo this was a cup semi final night there is nothing for an everton fan to see here

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jockser
    Stay out of it dillo this was a cup semi final night there is nothing for an everton fan to see here
    Exactly, Everton and success should not be in the same sentence

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Sign of the times though 4tothefloor when you see a team like Real Madrid sniffing down Goodison way. Tommy G is staying put anyway.
    Really ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Dillo
    However our Dane Tommy G is another class act as evidenced by the Mancs recent monitoring of him. He's going nowhere though. Unlike Shrek, he's blue til he dies

I did warn you Dillo!! Bye Bye Tommy!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jockser
    As a member of this forum (a longer serving member than yourself) are you suggesting that Dillo does not have a right to comment on a football topic? If Everton had been playing last night, Im sure there would be plenty of Liverpool fans on here talking about it.
    BTW, it says a lot for Liverpool's terminal decline when they are contented with an inevitable runners-up spot in the league cup.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Most big clubs don't really care too much about what it might take to win league cups though...
    Yeah, thats why Chelsea and Man U have reserve teams out tonight and are not really trying to win the tie at all.... Tonights game is as keenly contested a game as any Man U - Chelsea tie i've ever seen. The top 4 in England are Arsenal, Chelsea, Manu & Liverpool. Three of these are in the semi-finals. Three out of four doesn't qualify as "most" in this instance.

Great day for Everton fans today. Tommy G, as he is affectionatly known, looks like he is going to do one to Madrid! True Blue is Tommy, well we'll see how committed Mr. G is now over the next few days. I've a funny feeling he'll prove to be just as committed as that other true blue, Wayne Rooney Then, to cap it all off, the toffees have to watch Liverpool sign Fernando Morientes for £6m, which is the same amount of money that they paid for James Beattie - Morientes or Beattie? Morientes or Beattie? Morientes or Beattie? Mmmm, thats a tough one alright.....

TheJamaicanP.M. - calm down, jockser was only joking. Put away the handbag and stop being jealous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldini98
    Exactly, Everton and success should not be in the same sentence
    They're not!!

Mori came for 9 million Euro, not 6.5million of monopoly money. In Ireland, like in Spain, we deal in Euros, not a nationalistic banknote.

Should be interesting to see how Morientes, Baros, and Cisse get on next season, as they can't all play at the same time. Hopefully Mori will be in one piece, after Gary Neville has hacked him all over our pitch on Saturday. Maybe the medical should be postponed until Monday morning!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJamaicanP.M.
    As a member of this forum (a longer serving member than yourself) are you suggesting that Dillo does not have a right to comment on a football topic
    I would say everybody (bar yourself obviously) took that as a joke, hence the stick out tongue after the remark.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJamaicanP.M.
    As a member of this forum (a longer serving member than yourself)
    eh september 2004 you joined....oh look i also joined september 2004

are you suggesting that Dillo does not have a right to comment on a football topic? If Everton had been playing last night, Im sure there would be plenty of Liverpool fans on here talking about it.
    eh no the smiley at the end of it means "tongue in cheek" hence meaning i was not serious in my statement but said it jokingly ....not that you seem to understand that...
    BTW, it says a lot for Liverpool's terminal decline when they are contented with an inevitable runners-up spot in the league cup.
    now this is just funny