Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 League of Ireland Fixtures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Brays time of 5:45 on Saturday is a brave move. Certainly hope it pays off for them. They needed to try something drastic to bring in a crowd.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69 View Post
    The native's aren't happy about it what so ever... New people now own the club, who they are i don't know, but have also completely changed our traditional crest, put our seasons ticket prices up and have now changed the day and time of our kick off for home games. I've been talking to a lot of people and they won't be renewing their season tickets. Worrying times ahead
    Why don't people like it? I like Friday nights but I wouldn't be too too disappointed if we went Saturday evening. Seems more workable for people with families too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Brays time of 5:45 on Saturday is a brave move. Certainly hope it pays off for them. They needed to try something drastic to bring in a crowd.
    Final nail in the coffin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    put our seasons ticket prices up
    To be fair, they're still €80 cheaper than most clubs. Still by far the cheapest in the league
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    The native's aren't happy about it what so ever... New people now own the club, who they are i don't know, but have also completely changed our traditional crest, put our seasons ticket prices up and have now changed the day and time of our kick off for home games. I've been talking to a lot of people and they won't be renewing their season tickets. Worrying times ahead
    Season tickets are quoted at €119 in this extratime.ie article being the lowest cost in the league. How much have they gone up?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Think they were €100 last year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Think they were €100 last year.
    Don't mind paying the extra €20 still the best value in the league, use to look forward to my Friday night football, Saturday more a family day for me, with the population of Bray at 35,000 you won't get 2% to attend and that's the sad reality I am afraid, maybe the reason for the change is that the board see that Sky will be showing PL live games for 2016 on Friday nights.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    The change of kick off for Bray Wanderers seems to be aimed more at catering for away fans more than their own IMO. I'm sure they'll make an absolute killing on games against the bigger Dublin clubs and it will make things a lot easier and allow for bigger away crowds for the provincial sides in the Premier Division also.

Tbh, Bray probably make a good deal more off the away gates they would get off a Rovers/Pats game than 3-4 of their home games put together.

I really can't understand Bray fans moaning about a price hike of €20 for their season ticket... their current offer is still cheaper than most First Division clubs.
    Last edited by Olander; 16/12/2014 at 5:59 PM.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    I think it could be interesting to see how the 5:45 for Bray works - it's not a bad time for a match and should work well with travelling support.

I think I'll take in a few of their matches for sure.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    The change of kick off for Bray Wanderers seems to be aimed more at catering for away fans more than their own IMO. I'm sure they'll make an absolute killing on games against the bigger Dublin clubs and it will make things a lot easier and allow for bigger away crowds for the provincial sides in the Premier Division also.

Tbh, Bray probably make a good deal more off the away gates they would get off a Rovers/Pats game than 3-4 of their home games put together.

I really can't understand Bray fans moaning about a price hike of €20 for their season ticket... their current offer is still cheaper than most First Division clubs.
    I understand them changing to Saturday's but 5.45 instead of 7.45 is a joke!

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    I understand them changing to Saturday's but 5.45 instead of 7.45 is a joke!
    Maybe trying to save on lighting costs during the summer months?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    So here is my take on the Fixtures:

http://fog2014.blogspot.ie/2014/12/l...ures-2015.html

With Cork, Dundalk, Pats and Shamrock Rovers all meeting one of the other in the first 4 weeks, you can expect some points dropped there. Could find a few teams up there at the start of the season that seem out of place (Drogheda? Limerick? Bohs? Easiest starts?). If St Pats are within striking distance at the end of the season they really should be favourites with no real tricky matches in the last 5.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidatrb View Post
    So here is my take on the Fixtures:

http://fog2014.blogspot.ie/2014/12/l...ures-2015.html

With Cork, Dundalk, Pats and Shamrock Rovers all meeting one of the other in the first 4 weeks, you can expect some points dropped there.
    What makes you think that?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I'd go as far as to say at least half the teams will drop points on the opening weekend.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    To be fair, they're still €80 cheaper than most clubs. Still by far the cheapest in the league
    There is a bit more to it than just the 20 euro price increase. Personally i don't see why they should increase it, Even though i love the Carlisle, the facilities are terrible and the product on show has got slowly worse year on year for the 5/6 seasons. It doesn't make sense to increase prices on something that is getting worse.

Don't know what to think of the new kick off time yet being honest but the new owners seem to have a plan in place and a vision to make it happen, interesting few months ahead...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    I like the idea of Saturday 5:45 kick offs, it will definitely increase away fans numbers going to Bray games and also I'd say a good few fans of the Dublin clubs might end up going to a few Bray home games this season. Wouldn't be surprised if your attendances end up being higher than the last few seasons.

Also the new crest is deadly.

And season tickets for students are still under €100 which is brilliant value.
    Here on a technicality.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Don't know what to think of the new kick off time yet being honest but the new owners seem to have a plan in place and a vision to make it happen, interesting few months ahead...
    Perhaps the plan you speak off includes trying to increase the revenue from season ticket sales and attracting more match day sales?

Because of the very obvious value, I doubt that there will be a drop-off in ST sales. Maybe when they take another €20 hike next season......

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts
    There is a bit more to it than just the 20 euro price increase. Personally i don't see why they should increase it, Even though i love the Carlisle, the facilities are terrible and the product on show has got slowly worse year on year for the 5/6 seasons. It doesn't make sense to increase prices on something that is getting worse.
    If the club is in as dire financial straits as it seems to be, it only makes sense to increase what is the lowest season ticket price in the league surely?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    5.45 on Saturday is far, far more attractive to families than 7.45 on Friday or Saturday. For local parents it means they're home by 8.30-9.00 at the latest.

I've always been a huge fan of Friday night football but I'm starting to think Saturday evenings could be better
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    I could be back to Cork for say 11pm - will be a massive increase in away fans anyway on the 28th of March.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast