Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Limerick Leader Disgrace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Limerick Leader Disgrace

Personally I have stopped buying the Limerick Leader from Last Friday. It is a mark of protest at their article on Fris edition. It was an utter disgrace and to have the good news confined to the last paragraph made it worse.

They do not want us to suceed and are bitchy because no one is running to them with stories. Do some investigative Journalism for a change, if ye are capable lads

I am calling on all Limerick Fans to follow me in refusing to buy that rag until they give proper coverage to Senior football and not to some insular parochial games.

For Gods sake a Junior B Hurling game gets more coverage

JohnD
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Agreed

As i said above im with him on this one. DONT BUY THE RAG!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

super blues

been bitter is'nt the answer to anything!!When the team starts to proform well they'll deserve to get better write ups until that happens you'll just have to grinn and bare it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    FC Hammer:

Re-read the post. I don't believe that JohnD is being bitter, it is the "journalists" in the Limerick Leader who hold resentment and bitterness towards Limerick FC.

There is an ethos to put down Limerick FC at every available opportunity from this publication. Anyone who picks up a copy of the paper will see this. It is clearly reflected in the amount and the tone of the coverage.

Pick up last week's issue, read the article and see if you believe that it was handled in a professional manner by the Leader.
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."
    - John Purcell (Limerick FC Commercial Manager), February 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

de paper

Its so true like, we give them articles (prop written) and they dont put them in, we give them photos of away and home games cos they dont send any "journalists" or photographers to any home or away games and they dont put them in. They look for negitivity and put that in and often without permisson drop in one or two or all of our names. They well "de editor" has plagiarized us and given no apology. They know nothing of what we know on the direction of the club and are taking wild stabs in their "articles" with the crap they write. maybe if they came along to the sligo game and had a chat with us things might get easier for them cos at the moment the echo is cleaning up.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In fairness, the problem at LL is not the journalists but those in authority. The likes of Jerome Connell write excellent articles. The problem is that there are not enough of them. Funnily enough, those in authority are the same people, who, as journalists earlier in their careers, gave superb coverage to Limerick soccer in the 70s and 80s.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinmark
    In fairness, the problem at LL is not the journalists but those in authority. The likes of Jerome Connell write excellent articles. The problem is that there are not enough of them. Funnily enough, those in authority are the same people, who, as journalists earlier in their careers, gave superb coverage to Limerick soccer in the 70s and 80s.
    I wonder were there minds poisoned by the fall out of the Pat Grace years

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Spot on. Small minded people can hold grudges for a long time...
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."
    - John Purcell (Limerick FC Commercial Manager), February 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

super blues..

there was a lot of empty promicess and there was that weekly draw as well,
    as i can recall approx 10,000 people @ £1 a week.(correct me if i'm wrong)thats what people remeber the Pat Grace eara as been! where did all that money go???then thing got a bit better, until we hand the Joe young eara and the poor mouth again.The public have long memories...until Limerick F.C.
    can be run properley on and off the field i'm afraid people (incl press)wont bother there supporting the club...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

dear god

well if u see the article that John O'Shaughnessy put in the leader tonight (and he wasnt even at the game) then you will see what we're up against! ill post it up later or tomorrow. dear god i hope the new ppl in the club refuse to give this crettin any information on future plans even the fixture list (not that he'll come to any games) Id give it to some of our own people in there but stop giving stuff to him. And what is it with the club? they thanked the leader yesterday at the game ok here are some quotes from that piece from the goon! 'One must conclude that the panel of players and administrators left the Pike Grounds glad that it is al over for the season, one in which little went right.' 'Limerick FC must now be permitted to do some forward planning.' 'There are still no definite signals for 2005, other then talks are continuing.' The management owe it to the ever-dwindling fan base to declare their intensions.' 'There is validity in the argument that perhaps that Limerick FC should opt out for a period. Breathing space if you like.' 'Next Question. If they are given the leagues blessing where will they play their home games. A return to Hogan Park has been mentioned.

Ok its pretty clear that the man wasnt at the game and hasnt a clue whats going on behind the scenes, hes saying stuff in the hope that someone will ring him and fill him in. Dont fill him in! He needs to know nothing about our club. For one percent of acccuracy that you the fan give him, it ligitimises the 99 percent of crap that he types about us. He later goes on to say Bobby Ryan has signed 'professional' with shels (bohs must have been amateur Bobby he says played with balla.....and not any other teams like limerick or galway.

John O'Shaughnessy 061 214511 if ye want to have a chat with him...tell him nothing
    Last edited by gael353; 23/11/2004 at 1:10 PM.