Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: League will be decided next Friday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

League will be decided next Friday

League will be decided next Friday

The eircom League Premier Division title will now be decided on the last series of fixtures so the Cork City v Bohemians and the St Patrick's Athletic v Shelbourne fixtures revert to Fri Nov 19th.

Due to the live television broadcast of the St Patrick's Athletic v Shelbourne match on RTE Two, both the above kick-offs have been brought forward to 7.30pm (previously 7.45pm).

Read more at www.soccercentral.ie
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm glad its on Friday. Friday's suit City better. With the Uefa and Intertoto Cup places confirmed, Bohs might sit back on Friday, cause I don't think a Dublin team would want another Dublin team to win the league and I'd say Pats will go all out to beat Shels in their last home game of he season. Who n=knows. Its never over til its over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    I was in Slovenia last year when 3 seperate teams in 3 seperate matches could win the title. They didn't stick with any one game, they kind of kept switching between what was interesting. Perhaps that would be fairer than only covering Shels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fairer and much more expencive. Do RTE have enough cameras to give good coverage for two matches? I'd cost them a bit anyway.

Yet another game on TV this season, good news yet again. Lets hope it's a good one.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'ld say it'll be ****e to be honest. Cork-Bohs would've been much better, it's hard to decide what to do though. They probably just went with Shels cause we're the more famous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They went with Shels because we have the advantage going into the last day and so are favourites to win the league. Doesn't mean we will but we're favourites, in any league with any team in the same position this match would be the one televised, as it is in Shels own hands which isn't the case with Cork who can win 15-0 and still lose the league. It's the obvious choice to televise, espically given the rivalry between the two teams in it. It may or may not be pretty but it'll more than likely be very bloody dramatic anyway.