Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win the title?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cork City

46 59.74%
  • Shels

31 40.26%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who do you want to win the title?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who do you want to win the title?

Here's the poll requested by Max Power. It'd be better if City or Shels fans didn't vote so we can get a fair reflection..... I'm confident Shels are even more hated than us anyway lads!

btw, if the same crap starts on this thread as on the other one I'll close it aswell.
    Champions!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    thanks colm.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Shels everytime !

If City won the league we would never hear the end of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We would never hear the end of it from Shels fans either but they dont got the numbers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy
    We would never hear the end of it from Shels fans either but they dont got the numbers
    Shels dont even compare to city support wise ! especially on this board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Shelbourne

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Definitly Shels. As a Longford fan I am resigned to the fact that we will never dominate the league. Im happy winning the cup every year. Ive long believed that we need one club to dominate the domestic game in Ireland. The club best placed to do that is Shels. If Shels could go on to dominate in the same way as a club like Rosenborg, it would raise the profile of the EL, and consequently raise the standard of the rest of the league. The more top players they sign, the more chance we have of having EL players in the international set-up. So Shels it is for me.

Anyhow, Cork is full of L@ngers.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJamaicanP.M.
    Ive long believed that we need one club to dominate the domestic game in Ireland. The club best placed to do that is Shels.
    first of all I think the idea of one club dominating any league is bad news, even if it was City, I'm sure it would eventually get boring. And can you please explain how shels are best placed to do it? I would have thought a club with a big fanbase or at least the potential for one would be better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cork City without a doubt.

Good supporters too.
    Go lí cúnna ifrinn do thóin bheagmhaitheasach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Dillo's 100th post!

Definitly Shels. As a Longford fan I am resigned to the fact that we will never dominate the league. Im happy winning the cup every year. Ive long believed that we need one club to dominate the domestic game in Ireland. The club best placed to do that is Shels. If Shels could go on to dominate in the same way as a club like Rosenborg, it would raise the profile of the EL, and consequently raise the standard of the rest of the league. The more top players they sign, the more chance we have of having EL players in the international set-up. So Shels it is for me.

That's good thinking PM. We see how much progress Rosenborg have made, also playing in a poor league. Personally I'd prefer if neither Cork or Shels could win the league if that were at all possible. Those l@ngers are hard to listen to. I believe Cork though, in the long run might be better equipped club to dominate the league as they are located in a greater catchment area and have the much superior fanbase which is a very important factor.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    City. Because they're not from Dublin.
    I don't buy this Rosenberg comparison either.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shelbourne because the have done the FAI proud with their run in Europe this year and Stewie Byrne is a Legend....
    never say 'what do girls know about football' !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    City & Shel$ are both well placed to dominate the league. I know Shels had a great (moneyspinning) run this year in Europe, but Cork showed in the Intertoto that they could also win in europe. IMO they are the 2 best teams in the league at the moment & either should be expected to win through rounds in Europe whether UEFA or CL. We would be better off with 2 (or more) teams with a realistic chance of league (& Euro) sucess each year & at least 1 should be from outside Dublin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Gotta be Cork City

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

disagree there with u i'm afraid. i think pat dolan has more hunger (excuse the pun) and determination to win the league than any other man associated with the el. his pasion knows no bounds. love to see him clinch the title this year. need to spread the success around the country
    whats the point in havin one team dominating? bit like connaught hurling championship. it got so bad with galway winning every year they stopped givin a trophy for the galway rossie token match every year. is this what u want for the el? do u really think a dominant shels will bring top players to tolka? it would be like the spl but without rangers or celtic.
    "If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better." Johan Cruyff

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by $Leon$
    disagree there with u i'm afraid. i think pat dolan has more hunger (excuse the pun) and determination to win the league than any other man associated with the el. his pasion knows no bounds. love to see him clinch the title this year. need to spread the success around the country
    whats the point in havin one team dominating? bit like connaught hurling championship. it got so bad with galway winning every year they stopped givin a trophy for the galway rossie token match every year. is this what u want for the el? do u really think a dominant shels will bring top players to tolka? it would be like the spl but without rangers or celtic.
    If one team can go ahead of the reat, this in turn will put pressure on the other teams to follow suit. Shels have already brought in top players with the money they've made, ie. Alan Moore and Juan Sara. What other team could sign Dean Delaney and leave him on the bench for the season. This is the type of standard that we need to set. I would argue that we are already at the same standard as the SPL in football terms. Bohemians defeat of Aberdeen in the UEFA Cup of 2000 is proof of that. I wouldnt mind having a Celtic/Rangers scenario in this country. If we get crowds that big, as much coverage in the media, and Irish people staying at home, then that would be a great thing. Arguably, there are only 3 clubs currently in with a chance of winning the league in Ireland. We need one club to surge ahead of the rest. Otherwise, the EL will remain as it is: the same backward people arguing about the same irrelavant issues, and struggling clubs squabbling for crums from the cake.

thecorner
    We need one club to surge ahead of the rest. Otherwise, the EL will remain as it is: the same backward people arguing about the same irrelavant issues, and struggling clubs squabbling for crums from the cake.

so u dont think competiton is a good thing

never have seen such a stupic comment on foot in all my time here

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wouldnt mind having a Celtic/Rangers scenario in this country.
    Thats just plain silly and wrong. Look at what that situation has done to the Scottish League. Once proud teams like Aberdeen and Hearts are now effectively playing for 3rd place. Celtic and Rangers have eveolved as far as they can go. The whole SPL is stagnating.

How the hell is that a good thing???
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner
    so u dont think competiton is a good thing

never have seen such a stupic comment on foot in all my time here
    That's my opinion. Competition is a good thing. But we need one team to raise the bar in order for the rest to follow suit. For this reason, I would like to see Shels win the title for the next couple of seasons. The reason Celtic and Rangers have evolved the way they have is due to history. I'm not suggesting that a similar gap would appear in the EL. It wont. I know it may hurt you as a Cork fan but Shels competing and doing well on the European stage is a good thing. I simply have the vision and foresight to accept this.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davros
    ABM,ABC,ABK etc.
    Only a mother could love you Davros! Don't think anyone understands you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast