Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Alan Browne (M Preston North End b.1995)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    566 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Has turned down a new contract at Preston which would make him their highest-paid player ever, and looks to be moving on after 10 years. Was named Player of the Year for a second time this year.
    Interesting ~ ~ I suppose his next contract will be the biggest and most important to his long term future / earnings ~ ~ I suppose nobody could blame him for wanting to max-out on that, considering his age.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Interesting ~ ~ I suppose his next contract will be the biggest and most important to his long term future / earnings ~ ~ I suppose nobody could blame him for wanting to max-out on that, considering his age.
    He has had an excellent career and helped preston up from.league 1. Hopefully gets that seria A move , big signing on fee and good money for 3 or 4 years contract

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    seems as though its not money but the manager is the reason hes leaving according to PNE fans. they are not happy at all

4. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Time for him to move on anyway. I don't know whether he'll ever make the EPL but he deserves a shot at a Championship club where he'll have a fighting chance of promotion, which isn't really the case at Preston.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    484 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Time for him to move on anyway. I don't know whether he'll ever make the EPL but he deserves a shot at a Championship club where he'll have a fighting chance of promotion, which isn't really the case at Preston.
    This is fair and correct. Nowhere near consistent enough for the premier League. Will have a good career seen out in the championship.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Thought he should have moved on three years ago instead of signing a new contract. Maybe he didn't have any decent offers at the time or out of loyalty stuck around.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Coventry City are keen to sign Browne, given Callum O'Hare's departure and the release of Liam Kelly. However soccer reporter Alan Nixon thinks Coventry and Sheffield Utd may yet fail to sign Browne, as PNE seem to be upping their offer in a bid to retain him. (www.coventrytelegraph.net)

9. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Sheffield United probably his best bet out of those if he wants a crack at promotion in the next couple of years. They'll at least have the PL parachute money to rebuild and seem to have spent next to nothing in the Premier League.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,099 Posts
    If he's staying in England it would be interesting to see if he can make a late dash to Premiership for a season via a promotion with someone like Sheff United.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Wikipedia has him at 374 appearances for Preston since 2014. Surely he must be up there in terms of most appearances for a single club in England? He could have five years left him him playing for them.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678