Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Junior Leagues In Ireland?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balls View Post
    Cork aul is not top 5 junior league. In order my opinion would be 1 Dublin aul 2 limerick aul 3 Waterford 4 tsdl 5 mayo
    That looks spot on to me. The Kerry league is quite competitive and will be stronger when Dynamos are promoted back in but it isn't. stronger than any of those 5.

Maybe it's because it's easy to swap teams but the Dublin AUL seems to have a huge turnover of teams. Sheriff and Kilbarrack weren't in the .division about 10 years ago. It seems Ballymun and St Kevin's are the only teams in the league year in year out. I know Killester had a falling out with thr league and moved to Intermediate. Have Portmarnock done the same?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    That looks spot on to me. The Kerry league is quite competitive and will be stronger when Dynamos are promoted back in but it isn't. stronger than any of those 5.

Maybe it's because it's easy to swap teams but the Dublin AUL seems to have a huge turnover of teams. Sheriff and Kilbarrack weren't in the .division about 10 years ago. It seems Ballymun and St Kevin's are the only teams in the league year in year out. I know Killester had a falling out with thr league and moved to Intermediate. Have Portmarnock done the same?

Yeah Portmarnock are in the LSL now as well.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    limerick wer unlucky not to have the last 4 I'm the Munster jun this year and had two of the semi finalists of the Fai and consistently have teams challenging if not winning the big ones past 20years.. balla beat st michaels this year in Munster jun with a very young team and a few veterans and they ain't in the top 4 in the league so it proves their is strength in depth in the limerick league hardest thing is getting out of town..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Agree with previous poster,getting out of limerick is very difficult when that's done teams other than the big names do well. Regional, Balla , Aisling and now Carew.leagues such as Tdsl and mayo consistently send teams to the latter stages of the FAI.Don't know much about the cork junior league but wouldn't place it higher than either of these two leagues

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'n my opinion I don't see a huge quality difference from AUL Premier B & C apart from one or two teams.

Would the top League in the MDL be a good shout? They always seems to have a decent Selection Team for the League. I would like to see the Meath District League covered personally.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Munster Junior Premier in Cork is a higher standard of football than Cork AUL imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Señor Willy View Post
    Munster Junior Premier in Cork is a higher standard of football than Cork AUL imo.
    Hard to back that up as the only competition where MJL and AUL compete head to head is in the FAI junior cup cork section both are in together... Looking back over the last couple of years qualifiers for the out of town section:
    2013:
    AUL 6
    MJL 2
    2012:
    AUL 6
    MJL 1
    2011:
    AUL 5
    MJL 2
    2010:
    AUL 5
    MJL 2

So over the last 4 years out of 29 out of town qualifiers 7 have come from the MJL and 22 have come from AUL...
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Doesn't it depend on how many teams enter from an association?

Like cork aul would have a lot more teams enter the fai than the msl..therefore they would be allowed more into open draw..

In Kerry isn't only 1 or 2 that go through every year and Kerry would be much higher quality..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donaldihno View Post
    Doesn't it depend on how many teams enter from an association?

Like cork aul would have a lot more teams enter the fai than the msl..therefore they would be allowed more into open draw..

In Kerry isn't only 1 or 2 that go through every year and Kerry would be much higher quality..
    No the point being Cork AUL & MJL & Business & Shipping league are all in the draw together - so the 7/8 qualifiers come from those all in one draw.
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    There are a lot AUL vs AUL ties In that as many more AUL teams so no point in using those stats. I have been to a couple of Junior games this year. Standard of football is high and facilities are top notch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12