Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Photography Programmes and Tools

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Photography Programmes and Tools

Rather than endlessly just take pictures I'm keen to work on some I've taken and I know what I want to do. I've been reading Photo Projects and looking at things like Toy Town photography and background blurred images that look like painting. I'm always inspired on this as I love how FIFA games always have blurred hills and houses in the background and I have so many pictures I'd love to rework some of my images to. I have a few images taken at Cheltenham the other week with Cleeve Hill in the background. The same hill forms the background to the football ground too and I'd love to work on them. I have some of Finn Park I'd like to work too.

I tend to use Snapfish to store and produce prints and then frame. I also like getting pictures onto Canvas but looking to do some in photo's I've worked.

Photoshop has multiple software options but looking for advice on what to buy if anyone has experience of these programmes and whats the best options. Absolutely astounded by some of the prices of these products and as I don't mind forking out 50 pound for example I want an all rounder programme which suits my low tech knowledge and ability.

Any suggestions?
    Find me on Twitter @ImRedLen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsbear View Post
    Photoshop has multiple software options but looking for advice on what to buy if anyone has experience of these programmes and whats the best options. Absolutely astounded by some of the prices of these products and as I don't mind forking out 50 pound for example I want an all rounder programme which suits my low tech knowledge and ability.

Any suggestions?
    paint.net is my go to, on the rare occasions I've need to do image manipulation.

Bit easier than gimp, and loads of plugins, and decent forums.

Not sure that properly answers your question, you looking something to manage images as well?

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A N Mouse View Post
    paint.net is my go to, on the rare occasions I've need to do image manipulation.
    For the price you pay this is brilliant, if its a new application for you then spend a bit of time learning the in's and out's (as you would if Photoshop was new) and its great.

Bit easier than gimp, and loads of plugins, and decent forums.
    Gimp is far too complex and fiddly, too much like hard work to be honest. Its good and if you were used to it then i'd say its really powerful but man it would do your head in.

Look under Graphics here
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Cheers fella's. Some great stuff there and just welcome the thoughts and opinions. Haven't decided what to get yet but in no rush. I hit the graphic's links and it linked me to some other great stuff in there too as I want to make a vide of my photo's for my marathon effort taking me through training to the race itself. That's another piece of work I hope to get sorted at some point.
    Find me on Twitter @ImRedLen