Page 100 of 221 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 4405

Thread: Cork AUL 2012/13

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Dixie, I was comparing Junior First Divisions!! in response to 2words post. Comparison proof is there for us to see I suppose though the three teams who went to Div 2 changed a bit. They are holding their own to a degree with Wilton looking like they will be Div 1 next year. MSL is intermediate football so it's next level up to junior and its clubs that move not really the team.

Cork needs one football body, with a Junior and Senior section with promotion to Senior offered to the top team in Junior section if the club meets certain criteria - pitch, schoolboys, etc.

We must look after all levels with a path from Div 3 to Avondale!!

First ever time I heard of pitch "ownership" - do Glasheen own a pitch?

I disagree on the refs front in most part except the LOI guys sometimes in MSL. I think it's common opinion that Gene is the best ref around ahead of a group of two or three and they move over and back.

Harsh on Castleview manager. He went senior, and looked for the best players in his club. It's the old problem that Castleview will face again for the next two seasons as well. Their 19s and 18s are Irish internationals. They won't fit them all in and these guys may not wanna play Junior so leave.

2. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    I can see the Glen bouncing back alright but got told yesterday up in the Fairfield that they had 3 sent off against Blackstone and another 2 after the game. Any truth in this Horse / 1For??
    1 during and 2 after I believe, but can only confirm 2 of the 3
    Just remember, every kick makes me stronger and more determined. Indians always come back!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Igot2words4ya View Post
    Thats completely untrue!the MSL stated at the start of the season on the website it was round of 3 and teams just assumed that it was only 2games and due too the amount of enquirys about it they stated on the website again it was 3 games..
    I'm going on what friends playing in division have told me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
    Well those friends obviously don't pay attention..both sections of division1 are small and when they drew the sections it was up on the website that teams play 3 times...infact was on MSL website about 3 weeks so these friends didnt ask their managers and just assumed it was rounds of two not three.at Corinthians v Blarney in January the Corinthians players were saying at half time on the pitch (whilst top of the league) theres a long way too go and 30 points too play for so it wasn't exactly done on a whim!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
    What club are your friends with?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Think I remember reading three rounds at the beginning. AUL did it in Div 3 and we got same team three weeks running! Three wars against Passage!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I have seen Kilumney,Park,Pearse and Coachford play this season and think they would give most Senior Premier teams a game.there's a MJL FORUM so can ye keep the discussion about those teams on there.
    Last edited by roberto1; 05/03/2013 at 11:00 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Funny you mentioned cors and blarney as they play for blarney
    Think if there managers knew they would also have let them know.
    Ignorance on all there parts I imagine

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Roberto!!!!! The so called discussion started on this forum as it always does, MJL or MSL forums never discuss the AUL.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I'm not referring to comparing teams from both leagues it was started on this Forum, it's the round of 3 games and the MJL being discussed on the previous page.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corkey121 View Post
    Roberto!!!!! The so called discussion started on this forum as it always does, MJL or MSL forums never discuss the AUL.
    yes and with respects all they talk about is when are avondale champs can they be beat ,who will go down and grounds and pitches id rather a good team then a good pitch .lots of very good clubs and players in aul and its competitive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    TEKKERS LOVES AUL A.A.F <3 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    [QUOTE=corkeyRoberto!!!!! The so called discussion started on this forum as it always
    does, MJL or MSL forums never discuss the AUL.
    Heard down the Anglers at the weekend that Rockmount Seniors have a shopping list for next season and that top of that list is 3 of the top players in AUL.. Not going to name them but I think it's not that hard to figure out who. My point is I think that Senior League is probably a better place standards wise but that standard is dropping. With the exception of Avondale there is a lot of mediocre players playing MSL who wouldn't set the world on fire playing AUL Premier. It's definitely better standard of pitches and facilities but the gulf between players is not as big as it was. Hence Rockmount and other MSL clubs looking at players in the AUL a lot more now.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    [QUOTE=Triggs;1667475][QUOTE=corkeyRoberto!!!!! The so called discussion started on this forum as it always
    does, MJL or MSL forums never discuss the AUL.
    Heard down the Anglers at the weekend that Rockmount Seniors have a shopping list for next season and that top of that list is 3 of the top players in AUL.. Not going to name them but I think it's not that hard to figure out who. My point is I think that Senior League is probably a better place standards wise but that standard is dropping. With the exception of Avondale there is a lot of mediocre players playing MSL who wouldn't set the world on fire playing AUL Premier. It's definitely better standard of pitches and facilities but the gulf between players is not as big as it was. Hence Rockmount and other MSL clubs looking at players in the AUL a lot more now.[/QUOTE]i seen billy cronin at a lot of games lately if he is geting the job .on that shopping list il be in the josh sat i must bring my list i hope its not similar to rockmounts lol. i know a lad at the moment cant get in the 1st team hes with an msl club he says to me only so many times you want to hear ur close now kid keep working .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    I presume alot of people would have different opinions on whose the top 3 players in the aul?
    Also on billy Cronin I heard 2 weeks ago that he wants to manage a aul team next season and try win the fai junior because he's never won it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricksey View Post
    I presume alot of people would have different opinions on whose the top 3 players in the aul?
    Also on billy Cronin I heard 2 weeks ago that he wants to manage a aul team next season and try win the fai junior because he's never won it
    players are steping back over to aul as well and tricksy signed a class player in deano was he msl tricks ?i went to a few msl games and boring and hold what you have comes to mind a lot up there.billy is top manager if thats the case a big plus for aul again.i seen clonmel and pike and a few others this year there the clubs we must try to emulate on and off the pitch if thats junior lol .
    Last edited by 1fortheTeam; 06/03/2013 at 11:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fortheTeam View Post
    players are steping back over to aul as well and tricksy signed a class player in deano was he msl tricks ?i went to a few msl games and boring and hold what you have comes to mind a lot up there.billy is top manager if thats the case a big plus for aul again.i seen clonmel and pike and a few others this year there the clubs we must try to emulate on and off the pitch if thats junior lol .
    Yeah dean was senior but with work went playing junior fine player works hard puts his head down and trains.
    There be fierce galacticos somewhere next year whoever billy takes over

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Yeah dean was senior but with work went playing junior fine player works hard puts his head down and trains.
    There be fierce galacticos somewhere next year whoever billy takes over
    there can be only one galacticos lol .dean is a fab player loves his football and it shows .
    Last edited by 1fortheTeam; 06/03/2013 at 12:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Haha 1for you could be fighting with billy for alot of the same players if this is true ....I hope it is because the league will be stronger for it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Haha 1for you could be fighting with billy for alot of the same players if this is true ....I hope it is because the league will be stronger for it
    we could be that shows how much i want and how far im prepared to go to get the street to where they should be lad and we all love a challange .if rumors are true that club he,s going to needs to come closer to the city unless they have a jet lol .
    Last edited by 1fortheTeam; 06/03/2013 at 12:12 PM.