Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Very poor

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Very poor

Right, first things first. I don’t get to see too many matches this year at all, but from what i've heard, Saturday’s game was fairly typical of how things have been going recently. And I have to say seeing it first hand, that it was shocking poor.
    The main thing that stood out to me was the unbelievable lack of any shape to the team at times. It was like that “International rules”, everyone tearing round the place after the ball and if one of them was lucky enough to get it, he had to get round his own man before he could look to make any progress up the field. The amount of times I seen Town players with the ball at their feet and some gawmless yoke standing right on top of him not knowing whether to look for the ball or to try and run away would have been hilarious if it wasn’t our own ****ing team we were watching.
    Similar instances of breaking from our own half and two or three lads running down the middle of the pitch, calling for the ball and no sign of anyone to try to get out wide leave only one conclusion to be drawn, and that is that there’s something missing from a coaching perspective.
    The Darragh Sheridan issue has run long enough for even the most pro Mathews man to have to question, what the **** is going on? Giving the man a game in the middle as a last option maybe it might be a necessity at times, but starting him on the wing is another thing all together. We had Baker on the bench and Prunty playing full back who can at least take a man on, maybe push him back and get a couple of crosses in, I don’t care whether their right or left footed. Darragh’s not going to do any of those things. He’s going to get drawn into the middle, get in other peoples way and leave a space where he’s supposed to be.
    Finally while I’m at it. Sean Francis is our most likely possibility of breaking this scoring streak were not on. Start the man and get some crosses in to him.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Ay, meself, Icarus, Daedalus and the lads are heading out for a few after work today to celebrate. Daedalus had them at 80/1 ya know..

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    247 Posts
    the report i read on the game said we had a good few chances but couldnt stick it away.same old same old.

sean prunty at full back = waste of his talent imho

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I think Sorbo's being harsh, you wouldn't have been able to pick out the full time team out of the two sides. Hitting the post when it was easier to score sums up the run we're on.

Certainly Francis deserves a run in the team - Barrett is laid low by second season syndrome, although push him out to the wing with Francis and Baker up front.

btw I think we can put to bed the arguement about Section O moving to the stand would improve the atmosphere in there. Not once were any of the songs we started joined in with. We want our section back ASAP, were we can sing songs without being looked at like we've ten heads....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    macy i'll look at you as if you have 10 heads no matter where you are in the ground.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    The Darragh Sheridan issue has run long enough for even the most pro Mathews man to have to question, what the **** is going on? Giving the man a game in the middle as a last option maybe it might be a necessity at times, but starting him on the wing is another thing all together
    There should NEVER be a necessity to start Darragh Sheridan and leave the only Quality player that Matthews signed in the preseason on the bench. Watching a player of Darragh Sheridans limited ability playing in the El premier division makes a mockery of the notion that the standard of football is on the up in yhis league. Watching him play is twice as annoying as listening to that FCUKING Harvey Norman ad on the Radio.
    The truth fears no questions...
    It's only when the tide goes out that you learn who's been swimming naked

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    247 Posts
    concept of hell :

section o & the stand singing as one to the tune of "go harvey ,go harvey"
    ."go daragh" "go daragh"

can anybody top that chant.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i have made my feelings on mr sherdian known on a number of occasions so i wont go over it again except to say that he is a donkey .

the next few weeks are sooooooo important it can't be stressed enough, europe, league cup semi, fai cup all coming....a few bad results and morale will be at an all time low and we'll be left with just the rest of the league campgian.

so i think all problems should be put aside for the next while as we try to get the team through this stressfull peroid of the season.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Didnt think we were all that bad, our confidence seems to be on the floor though, particularly in front of goals, Barrett's touch and pace seem to have deserted him apart from the fact that he's being watched more closely. In fairness Sheridan was ok-ish against Drogs, Baker wasn't great when he came on against Bohs, Prunty is missed out there, should play Dillo left and push Prunty on against Dublin City when Murph is back. Thought Fitzgerald looked to be getting sharper too. Anyhow the players seem to have faith they'll turn it around so we'll hope so
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

techs
    Its gettin worse as we go on. when will you see the problem is despite longfordian not liking me saying this but its true........ALAN MATTHEWS.
    you can make all your excuses of no confidence and hittin the post but he is the problem. Have to agree about the crowd macy i think section o have won the arguement based on what i saw at the game on saturday night.. well done lads at leats theres heart somewhere in the ground

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Well the players rate him and id trust their judgment over yours or mine as they work with him. We'll never agree on this anyway so i've given up arguing with ya

Oh yeah just to add fair play to the Section "A" heads you tried your best, our crowd just dont know how to sing/chant. Dont have much of that in GAA
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Never mind bringing the stand and Section O together, we're further apart than ever... even when we were chanting "De Longford" not one person from the stand would join in. But 5 minutes later "De Longford" rang out loud and clear.. cant say we're not trying at least.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    all i can say is the stand is a bunch of D O N K E Y S (a certain few)

There will be a few prayers said over the few weeks that we can return to our proper home where we will be appreciated!

drum drum drum drum

drum drum drum drum

rings a bell anyone in the stand (non section o replies only)
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTINHO II
    all i can say is the stand is a bunch of D O N K E Y S (a certain few)

There will be a few prayers said over the few weeks that we can return to our proper home where we will be appreciated!

drum drum drum drum

drum drum drum drum

rings a bell anyone in the stand (non section o replies only)

good thing you said a certain few or you'd be walkiin to dublin next monday night na look at the crowd in the stand, they are a gaa gang converted to soccer by the clubs sucess, in gaa as longfordian said, you don't sing or chant, unless your a jackeen on your annual day out to croke "itsourhome ground" park.

plus there are a lot of lets say older people in the stand, 40 plus and singing and chanting is alien to a lot of them so your fighting a losing battle. the only ones that will chant are the ones who go to the away games, the regular few who are there week in/week out no matter where the game is.

i personally can't roar and shout some night as i have to go to work after the game and i need my voice ( sounds vain but its true ) but i have left home games with a very sore throat and that is the way it should be.

sorry lads.......section O go home, i think jehovah witnesses might have a better chance of converting in the stand