Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Loyalist Fued ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Loyalist Fued ....

At the moment the LVF and the UVF in Belfast are involved in a bloody feud.

One LVF god-father is dead, and there have been a few bomb blasts at LVF members homes ....

Any opinions ... ?
    Last edited by Crusader Al; 25/05/2004 at 10:15 AM.
    Crusaders FC - First Division Champions - North Belfast's Finest ....

crusaders_editor@mail.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Northern Ireland Secretary Paul Murphy today arranged talks with the North’s most senior policeman amid fears about the escalating loyalist feud.

The talks between Mr Murphy and Police Service of Northern Ireland Chief Constable Hugh Orde followed an explosion early today at a flat in the Beech End area of Holywood, Co Down.
    More...

People killing each other in gandland fueds is nothing new and it's hard to have any sympathy for any of them.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    No real surprise. The lastest killing a follow-on from the Irish Cup Final violence, apparently. This is going to run and run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think most people would be quite indifferent to paramilitary in-fighting, but the worry is the innocents getting caught up in their squabbles ...
    Crusaders FC - First Division Champions - North Belfast's Finest ....

crusaders_editor@mail.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire
    No real surprise. The lastest killing a follow-on from the Irish Cup Final violence, apparently. This is going to run and run.
    You can bet its over drugs. The Norm for Loyalist paramilitaries.

Not bothered myself. Better they do that than kill innocent catholics.
    Go lí cúnna ifrinn do thóin bheagmhaitheasach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dortie
    Not bothered myself. Better they do that than kill innocent catholics.
    Yeah, but you know that when they've finished fighting among themselves, then it's innocent Catholics that become the new targets. Not a good time to be living in the Short Strand.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    Like the INLA is full of ideologists?
    And none of the rest of the Republican paramilitaries would ever have anything to do with drugs either...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    Like the INLA is full of ideologists?
    Who said that.....I didnt, their ideology went out the window with Seamus Costello
    Go lí cúnna ifrinn do thóin bheagmhaitheasach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Well if it's just the Loyalists against each other, I hope they keep killing each other. Couldn't care less really. Same applies to any of the gangs down our way, the less of them thats around, the better. They're all scum at the end of the day.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    Well if it's just the Loyalists against each other, I hope they keep killing each other. Couldn't care less really. Same applies to any of the gangs down our way, the less of them thats around, the better. They're all scum at the end of the day.
    Problem as Crusader Al says is the innocents that will INEVITABLY get in the way. Workmate of mine's stepson got wasted on his doorstep in West London eight years ago in a mistaken identity shooting. Just what you need when you're a year from retiring.

The solution to drug violence (which let's face it is what's happening here) IMO is a radical rethink by all governments. While I don't participate in anything stronger than Ibruprofen, it's time to legalise, tax and educate people (through taxes raised from drugs) against taking drugs. A bunch of junkies you can handle but the curent dealing with gangland drug violence is merely p*ssing in the wind.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy
    Yeah, but you know that when they've finished fighting among themselves, then it's innocent Catholics that become the new targets. Not a good time to be living in the Short Strand.

PP
    Aye? Ya reckon it's all going to start up again? I hope not
    Watching a programme about the Loyalists in the troubles the other day-made me sick. They interviewed this bloke-the IRA had blown up some Protestant pensioners on a trip so this man-he was UDA I think, with some others, picked up this 17 year old student, interview went something like this,

"Why did you pick him up?"
    "Because he was a Catholic"
    "He wasn't involved in the IRA, Sinn Fein?"
    "No that we knew of"
    "Just a Catholic?"
    "Just a Catholic"
    "And what did you do then"
    "We drove him to a house and we........we executed him"
    "You murdered him?"
    ".....yes"
    "How?"
    "We shot him....in the head"
    "Who did the shooting"
    "...me"
    "Did you feel any regret when you shot him"
    "..no.....not at the time.."
    "None at all?"
    "None at all"

sick animals
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopez
    Problem as Crusader Al says is the innocents that will INEVITABLY get in the way. Workmate of mine's stepson got wasted on his doorstep in West London eight years ago in a mistaken identity shooting. Just what you need when you're a year from retiring.

The solution to drug violence (which let's face it is what's happening here) IMO is a radical rethink by all governments. While I don't participate in anything stronger than Ibruprofen, it's time to legalise, tax and educate people (through taxes raised from drugs) against taking drugs. A bunch of junkies you can handle but the curent dealing with gangland drug violence is merely p*ssing in the wind.
    Some good points there, lopez. First of all, let's dispel the myth that these s.hitwitches are 'loyalists'. That may be the cosy moniker under which they peddle their ill-gotten gains (pump some lead into a few innocent taigs - that'll keep the Protestant working classes sweet) but these 'crown soldiers' are nothing more than sunbedded, s.hite-end-of-the-designer-market, ritalin-addled gangsters.

It ain't just the Catholic ghettoes now expecting the worst. I live around the corner from where Bobby Stewart was gunned down the other day. PSNI all over the estate, movement restricted and a good weekend's drinking spoiled because some hero subsequently issued a 'Loughinisland-style' fatwah. Off course, where to have a drink is a minimal worry when compared to what these people are capable off.

Now, Im all in favour of legalisation - and the government have taken tentative steps in the right direction with the reclassification of cannabis. Educating people against taken drugs - through, as you say, moneys raised from drugs (which drugs, though?) - should only be part of it. Many of the kids round here - like estates all over Belfast - are already into them and they have become a 'way of life', supplied by the odious likes of the LVF, IRA et al. Id prefer a joint education programme that looks at 'preventative' and 'harm reduction' methods with delivery of such programmes determined by the users. That will be the debate in the coming years.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The whole thing is very sad and we can only prey every day that there will be peace in the not to far future
    Look at how far we have come since the troubles so hopefully another 6 years should see things settle down a bit more
    Here's hoping that there will be no more deaths, on ANY side
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lux Interior
    these 'crown soldiers' are nothing more than sunbedded, s.hite-end-of-the-designer-market, ritalin-addled gangsters.
    Sums them all up perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lux Interior
    Now, Im all in favour of legalisation - and the government have taken tentative steps in the right direction with the reclassification of cannabis. Educating people against taken drugs - through, as you say, moneys raised from drugs (which drugs, though?) - should only be part of it. Many of the kids round here - like estates all over Belfast - are already into them and they have become a 'way of life', supplied by the odious likes of the LVF, IRA et al. Id prefer a joint education programme that looks at 'preventative' and 'harm reduction' methods with delivery of such programmes determined by the users. That will be the debate in the coming years.
    Well if we look at smoking and the way that that 'habit' has been reduced in 50 years then there is always hope. It is a bit like shutting the door after the horse has bolted - the money already made by the drugs barrons is phenomenal, although there should be no pardon for these people just because drugs are now legal - but agree with anything that isn't all about law and order.

As for which drugs - ultimately for me it's whatever sh*t people are willing to put in themselves. Crack has run its course in the US. The new generation of druggy can see all around its destruction and that it's definitely to avoid. The drug has become unfashionable there, and will become so in Europe. It's time to make the others unfashionable too.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    its like the gangland feuds in various parts of the country- if scum want to kill scum let them. the less of them the better. Dunno why the gardaí waste their time investigating these things. it does society a favour