Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Anyone been to the Nou Camp??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone been to the Nou Camp??

Just wondering if anyone has been? I'm going on my hols to Barcelona (with the bird mind ) and was looking to take in a game, even though she is not looking forward to it

What's the story with tickets? How much? Where to get them? I tried looking at the Barcelona homepage but the english link is not the best as I can't find anything and the spanish one I haven't got a clue
    Forzadrogs.....A blog by a Drog with an opinion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drogman.
    Just wondering if anyone has been? I'm going on my hols to Barcelona (with the bird mind ) and was looking to take in a game, even though she is not looking forward to it

What's the story with tickets? How much? Where to get them? I tried looking at the Barcelona homepage but the english link is not the best as I can't find anything and the spanish one I haven't got a clue
    Yes mate. Hope you're not scared of heights though. I ended up in the fourth deck and nearly shat meself!

It's easy enough getting tickets, as there's usually plenty of touts or members selling spares hanging round outside the ground to pick off tourists like me and you. The first time I went, I popped up to the ground the day before and managed to get tickets easy enough for the game, which just happened to be the Barcelona-Espanyol city derby. Prices start from about 30 euro upwards, so they're not bad at all. And it really is one amazing sight.

Listen, there'll be enough there to keep Mrs Drogman occupied, I'm sure of that. Take her to Parc Guell, La Sagrada Familia cathedral or any one of the Gaudi houses dotted about the place. I loved Barca, and I'm sure you will too. If you need to know anything else, just PM me.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cheers mate. Yeah that's grand. I'll defo look forward to that alright. Well herself can speak the spanish so she'll be grand so I'll let her get the tickets to give her practice

If I need more I'll let you know.
    Forzadrogs.....A blog by a Drog with an opinion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Barcelona is brilliant and the Nou Camp is a joy. Had the pleasure of seeing them play Arsenal in the champions league a few years back while there on holiday. The museum is well worth a look around too although I'm not sure if it's open on match days.

Pop down an hour before kick off and you'll find a season card holder who'll have a spare seat next to him, don't pay more than fifty euro for it though, then sit back and enjoy

by the way, definitely take in
    la sagrada familia cathedral
    Parc Guell
    a stroll down la Ramblas (nothing to do with Cobh)
    the olympic stadium
    Last edited by tiktok; 23/04/2004 at 6:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    The Nou camp is a class stadium, you're just gob smacked for about half an hour when you go in there. Its a real theatre like venue. I only saw the Barca team training there (around the time Baia, De la Pena, Stoichkov, Dugarry, Giovanni etc.. were there. Think it was '97), but I also got to see the museum. They've got ronaldos boots in a big glass case, along with every trophy they've ever won, including the European Cup. Class place, make sure you visit both the stadium & the museum. Its an ambition of mine to see an actual Barca game there.

The olympic stadium is good as well, nowhere near as impressive though. You should try and go to a theme park outside Barcelona as well. Its called furtaventura (spelling) and its wicked - its rollercoaster is the business - a definite pants ****ting experience!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Drogman,

I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves.

If you want tickets ring the club and follow instructions.

I've only been there once (1994 v. Compostela) even though there was 70,000 fans. The crowd never got going and only came to life if Hagi or Stoichkov tumbled in the box. Some of them waved the white page of the teamsheet when it happened.
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Go for a pint in the la fira bar, place is a fun fair inside, very strange place but worth a look, most of the seat's @ the bar are all swing's, it's good craic.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

ElSieteSecretos
    It is a beautiful stadium and city isnt it !!!
    There should be no problem gettting tickets around the stadium in the evenings

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Yes I've been to the stadium but not to watch a game there. My first visit to Barcelona was on a weekend where Espanyol were at home. I took in the stadium and the museum - full of lobsters up from Stiges and Lloret unfortunately - and both impressed me. Espanyol were at their last couple of games at the Sarria but seeing we went there for Conchita's birthday and it was raining - Sarria has little covering - I thought we'd go for a meal instead. The things we do for love?
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ive been there too but just to the museum, which is a footballers heaven. To compinsate the old doll ye can go iceskating there too. I did what Plastic Paddy said, for a Real Madrid match last year, and got a front row ticket for about €50 (and well worth it too it was). I cant say that I loved Barca but that was mainly due to the July humidity. Nice looking place though. Eitherway, turn up the day before and get your spanish speaking lady to do the talking for you, you'll probably get a better price that way.
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    You should try and go to a theme park outside Barcelona as well. Its called furtaventura (spelling) and its wicked - its rollercoaster is the business - a definite pants ****ting experience!

was that rollercoaster called "dragon khan"??.because i went on it (about 5 years ago) and can honestly say ill never go on another one again.

jaysus (sorry lord ) the view as the the ride starts is terrifying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    We went to see them in February against Athletico Madrid. Best thing to do is go to the Stadium the day before and do the Stadium tour. Cost €11 and well, well worth it. I enjoyed the museum. If you have a bit of football knowledge you can guess what everything is. At the same time the ticket office will be open. We got ickets for the third tier for €32. The dearest prices were €65 for the grandstand. The third tier is unreserved so you can be on the halfway line or behind the goal or anywhere else you choose. We picked the back row behind the goals and the stadium is very impressive from that angle.

My girlfriend went and although she doesn't really like football she thoroughly enjoyed all the nou camp has to offer. They put on a lights show before the game and the big screen keeps you entertained up to kick off.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the 12 th man
    was that rollercoaster called "dragon khan"??.because i went on it (about 5 years ago) and can honestly say ill never go on another one again.

jaysus (sorry lord ) the view as the the ride starts is terrifying.
    Yup thats the one. You know the way you have no control over the queue regards where you'll end up sitting in the rollercoaster? Well first time round I was sitting at the very front with my mates. I was ****ting it as we took off, but at the end of it I queued up again straight away to do it all again! One of the best experiences I have ever had, my adrenaline levels scaled heights that I'll never again see that day . Actually come to think of it, there's no way I could go to Barca and not visit that theme park - it's too much of a good day out to miss.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy
    Listen, there'll be enough there to keep Mrs Drogman occupied, I'm sure of that. Take her to Parc Guell, La Sagrada Familia cathedral or any one of the Gaudi houses dotted about the place. I loved Barca, and I'm sure you will too.
    the fundació joan miro in Montjuic is well worth a look as well, and the Estadi Olimpic (Espanyol's ground) is just across the road and well worth a look- it was the stadium for the olympics in 92. I went to Espanyol -v- Betis when I was there, Barca were away that weekend. finished 4-2 to betis and there were 3 red cards- fun for all the family

Have a look for a bar called Marsella of the side of La Rambla (down to the right as you walk towards the seaside) they serve some wicked absynthe there. bit of a dodgy spot, but well worth a visit.

If you want me to check out the ticket info in Spanish for you, PM me about it and I'll see what I can find out for ya

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    They've got ronaldos boots in a big glass case, along with every trophy they've ever won, including the European Cup.
    much better to see ronaldo on the pitch and see 9 european cups (was only 6 last time I was there) lined up in a row in a huge glass case at the Bernabeú though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Just on Montjuic. If its a nice day you could spend hours up there just wandering around. The Olympic Stadium is open during the day and you can walk in to the top of the first tier and have a look around for free. No wehere near as impressive as the nou camp though. IF you're drinking at night stay away from las Ramblas and if you're looking to go clubbing all night check ot Club Baja Beach in the Olympic Port complex.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/