Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limerick Team of the Season 2010/11

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Limerick Team of the Season 2010/11

Just saw the Leader printed the teams of the season. Conor Kavanagh was named player of the year and the Premier team is
    G Neville, W Colbert, P McGarry, P Mullins, C Enright, C Kavanagh, K Hartnett, P Boyle, A Barry, P Moloney, S Clarke, Subs E Hanrahan, K McNicholas, P Harmon, B Cleary, J Grant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryk View Post
    Just saw the Leader printed the teams of the season. Conor Kavanagh was named player of the year and the Premier team is
    G Neville, W Colbert, P McGarry, P Mullins, C Enright, C Kavanagh, K Hartnett, P Boyle, A Barry, P Moloney, S Clarke, Subs E Hanrahan, K McNicholas, P Harmon, B Cleary, J Grant
    looks a good team doesn't it, any noteable absentees

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    bar 2 of the first team the rest are pike with mcgarry being with them for so long some achievement for pike and kavanagh who is by far the best midfield player in this league can only get better surley he wil get snapped up from a top eircom league team or maybe england in time to come a very good player

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    bar 2 of the first team the rest are pike with mcgarry being with them for so long some achievement for pike and kavanagh who is by far the best midfield player in this league can only get better surley he wil get snapped up from a top eircom league team or maybe england in time to come a very good player
    He's just back from England
    68, 99, 08

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    and what is stopping him from going again he is young aint he and very good would you disagree or what

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    He's off to Australia soon for a year I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Is that only a rumour joe,or do you know for a fact???

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    If he isn't off to Australia the LOI is a good place to go if interested. Look at Keith Fahey, he was told he wouldn't make it in England, returned to Ireland and a few years later was back over in England and now in the International team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    That was with a premier club in Dublin though,big difference,the top junior players in the country can't even get a cap,just look at chalkie getting his 200th cap in Portugal shortly and he wouldn't lace Pa mullins's boots,if you're not from the pale or that crowd in Tipperary,forget bout it,alan Barry couldn't get near a cap and goes out to St michaels and low and behold he gets capped after a few weeks,it's a joke the way Limerick players are being treated for too long now,alan should have got his cap long before he went out that place,last two fai cups in Limerick and not one player going to Portugal,mike obrien has a lot to answer for also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theboywonder8 View Post
    Is that only a rumour joe,or do you know for a fact???
    He hasn't decided yet (but its looking like it)...........he told me himself, but if he does go it will be October/November time.
    68, 99, 08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    and what is stopping him from going again he is young aint he and very good would you disagree or what

Agree with you 100%, just stating that he has already been in England........................Connor done 90% of his pre-season with us (before signing with Pike) so I've seen him at first hand, and I can honestly say he is a fine talent and a sound bloke, and at the moment for me is the best midfielder in Limerick.............
    68, 99, 08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    lads in all honesty if he was to go back over to england and play ball it would be an amazing accomplishment but its highly unlikely.
    Hes a good player but the standard of Junior soccer isnt great in Ireland and if he had any chance he should be playing League of Ireland at least.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    That was with a premier club in Dublin though,big difference,the top junior players in the country can't even get a cap,just look at chalkie getting his 200th cap in Portugal shortly and he wouldn't lace Pa mullins's boots,if you're not from the pale or that crowd in Tipperary,forget bout it,alan Barry couldn't get near a cap and goes out to St michaels and low and behold he gets capped after a few weeks,it's a joke the way Limerick players are being treated for too long now,alan should have got his cap long before he went out that place,last two fai cups in Limerick and not one player going to Portugal,mike obrien has a lot to answer for also.
    Most of the players in Limerick have played LOI at some stage so that rules them out of going to Portugal. Mike O'Brien in fairness can only put forward names who have not played Pro or Semi Pro so in Limerick the number is very low. Also, Experience at Intl level is needed at this competition.

Look at the amount of players from Limerick who have been capped at Junior Level, there is quite a few over the years but at Amatuer Level not too many as most have played LOI. Cork players have the same problem and i'm sure Dublin like wise.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    boywonder you really do talk some serious amount of crap on this i dont know how you have never been banned. you come on here in the name of pike rovers but i doubt you are a pike man at all. chalkie has been on the irish team for 10 years nearly so that experience is invaluable, paul breen is the best amateur player in the country i dont think anyone ( except you ) could deny that and chris higgins has just broken in and is also an outstanding full back. jimmy carr amongst others plays for st michaels and is not going to portugal either. as lobster has said most of the top players in limerick are ineligible as most have played l'o'i.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Is it not about time chalkie stepped aside for for some younger players to get a chance,no doubting he has given unbelievable service to the national team,never mentioned breen, he's a class act,never mentioned higgins another very good player who deserves his chance,there a lot of very good junior players in Limerick who are not getting that chance,none of them are gettting that chance,chalkie is playing every single game including friendlies,now is that fair,I have never ever mentioned pike rovers as you claim,now if you don't like my opinion to which I am quite entitled to you know what to do with yourself,fai junior cup in Limerick last 2 years and not one player in squad,if clonmel and St micks had won the last 2 junior cups and had no one in the intternational set up ye would be screaming from the rooftops and don't tell me any different ,
    now off with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Is it not about time chalkie stepped aside for for some younger players to get a chance,no doubting he has given unbelievable service to the national team,never mentioned breen, he's a class act,never mentioned higgins another very good player who deserves his chance,there a lot of very good junior players in Limerick who are not getting that chance,none of them are gettting that chance,chalkie is playing every single game including friendlies,now is that fair,I have never ever mentioned pike rovers as you claim,now if you don't like my opinion to which I am quite entitled to you know what to do with yourself,fai junior cup in Limerick last 2 years and not one player in squad,if clonmel and St micks had won the last 2 junior cups and had no one in the intternational set up ye would be screaming from the rooftops and don't tell me any different ,
    now off with you.
    good reply and true.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cool

yes,every one is entitled to their opinion but some posters need to renage on the tunnel vision attitude.to suggest that james walsh wouldn,t ...lace pa mullins boots....is nothing but an insult to an excellent player who is still playing at the top level.there is no doubt p.mullins is a fine centre half who will only get better,his performance at the recent jnr international trial was obviously not enough to get him a futher chance along with many others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I also said that James walsh was a very good player in his time but he's had his time,it's time for other players to have a chance,at this moment Pa mullins is a better player than chalkie,and that's the point I'm making,and I'll stand over it,i've seen the 2 of them playing and imo Pa is a better player,he played right full on that trial and not centre half,and was also dying with the flu so I'm told,1 question for you fairkop if he was playing with a Limerick club do you think he would have all them caps.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Is it not about time chalkie stepped aside for for some younger players to get a chance,

are you saying that you think chalkie should step down so that pa Mullins gets a place on the irish squad, in other words a hand out, would Pa Mullins want that, I wouldnt want to play for a team on that condition, jesus wept, what player would not want to play for his country, Chalkie should only stop playing when the selectors say he is not good enough and not a game before it and if it keeps Pa Mullins out then thats Life, serious lad what a silly statement to make

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Are ye not listening to what I'm saying,is it not time to try out new players from anywhere in the country and give them a chance at international level,I have already sain numurous times that he was a good player,can ye read.but nobody else is getting a chance,lfc do you not agree that other players should be given a chance,it just so happens to Limerick players all the time,when their is a scout living down here and obviously doesn't attend local games because he spends all his time in Tipperary,typical Limerick knocking their own all the time,could you answer me why alan Barry didn't get capped while playing in Limerick all his career and when he went to tipp he was capped after a couple of games,he didn't even play a quarter of a season with them,it's not a coincidence now is it?,and when he left low and behold no more caps,James walsh has a big influence on who gets call ups and who doesn't ,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast