Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Window

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Transfer Window

now that the transfer window is a couple of weeks away is there any news of anyone on the move

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    M Sheehan heading back to Regional
    Power and Doherty back to Newcastle West

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Limerick U20's have been told that they are not to sign for any Junior Clubs now that their season is over.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

U/20's

Heard that also - the arrogance of that lot. The quicker they finally go to the wall the better, LOI is finished.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by awiseman View Post
    M Sheehan heading back to Regional
    Power and Doherty back to Newcastle West

is this 100% or just rumours

FORMERLY: shannonman Lev Yashin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whitestripe View Post
    Limerick U20's have been told that they are not to sign for any Junior Clubs now that their season is over.
    Far as i know one has signed for us...might be wrong but he has been training
    My Goal Is To Deny Yours...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Is it definately true that Limerick U/20 players cant transfer to junior clubs now that the U/20 league is finished? Is it a new policy?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    What was the reason given by Limerick lads? ( Genuine Question).

I'd like to think that they want them to be available to start pre season with the senior team so they can try them in friendlies, see who can make the step up or just to keep the team that did so well this season together and build an actual proper team within the club rather than just keep bringing in different young fellas every year and throwing a team together. If this is the case i really see no problem with it. I'm sure most junior teams wouldn't like if most their players went off and signed for Limerick or other League of Ireland teams as soon as the season is over and weren't available then when the junior season started again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    U20 players can sign for a Junior side, Its a straight forward letter of release and a registration form, no transfer needed. However its the fact they they have been told not to sign back as it will affect the decision to call them back that grates me. They played 9 games? (correct me if I am wrong) and have been advised to take a break? Limerick seem to forget how accommodating clubs have been with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Well Said whitestripe...
    sick of narcissists.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whitestripe View Post
    U20 players can sign for a Junior side, Its a straight forward letter of release and a registration form, no transfer needed. However its the fact they they have been told not to sign back as it will affect the decision to call them back that grates me. They played 9 games? (correct me if I am wrong) and have been advised to take a break? Limerick seem to forget how accommodating clubs have been with them.
    There is nothing stopping the player signing for a junior team if they want though..Like you said its a simple release letter..The club cant refuse to give a player their release if they ask for it..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaidin View Post
    There is nothing stopping the player signing for a junior team if they want though..Like you said its a simple release letter..The club cant refuse to give a player their release if they ask for it..
    Of course its up to the player but my point is they have been told not to as it will affect the decision come the time to be recalled to the set up, when in fact it should have nothing to do with the decision criteria.

I could be totally wrong on this but if a player from the U20 set up signs back they are free to play when registration and letter of release has been submitted to LDMC.

That player can then go back to the A championship (starting March) or the U19 set up (June) or whenever they go back preseason through a simple transfer requested by the player and as I would like to see supported by the club.

Some important games played coming up to Christmas and it would have been nice to have the U20 players available for selection especially after they were encouraged to play in the U20 league in the first place, on this very understanding. No one is too big to be courteous.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I think maybe someone in Limerick should gives the full reasons for not letting the players join junior clubs. If its for the reason i mention above i see no problem with it. I wish soccer in ireland was more like rugby, Munster players when not playing with them can be given permission to play for their club (Shannon, Garryowne etc...) and this can help give them loads of games and also come back from injuries. Pity senior and junior just don't work together. Thats not only in Limerick but all over the country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    sorry now lads but this thread is supposed to be about possible transfers not slating Limerick FC
    is there any players moving or talk of any players moving other than the ones awiseman mentioned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops12 View Post
    could,nt agree more.its all take with that so called senior club ,without junior clubs they would have nothing and still they continue go above the rules,sooner they go to the wall the better,from wat i can see they are filling theses kids heads with ****e,how many of these kids have actually bettered themselves with limerick,they put that u20 team together when they hadnt even a venue to play their games and as usual a junior club bailed them out,
    Absolute nonsence! I presume by that first comment that you mean they dont produce their own players and that junior clubs do it for them. We all know thats how League of Ireland teams work...there isn't enough money in the LOI to do otherwise. Do Pike produce their own players? Some people are of the opinion that Limerick Junior Football is the be-all and end-all of the game here in limerick. Well its not! Players go through acadamys in all proffessional clubs and dont make it...Are the clubs who do this to be critisized for that also? The senior team played very good football at home under a very good manager this season, of course players are going to want to play for that team, even if it means going along with some of the clubs more selfish demands. There should of course be some level of undertanding between Limerick and Junior clubs but teams have to be selfish to progress themselves...no one likes losing players. As for the pitch...the 20's got a very good pitch that isnt used that much and ye got money for it...
    Last edited by FairBall; 21/11/2009 at 5:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    not all clubs charge for the use of their pitch...
    sick of narcissists.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leather View Post
    not all clubs charge for the use of their pitch...
    No, i dont claim to know the ins and outs of those specific details but when its made out that the 20's are being bailed out. The fact was, a few clubs would have liked to have the team play at their grounds because money does change hads for that and it keeps decent relations between the clubs. Maybe next year they can use UL's or LIT's pitch if certain local clubs feel so hard done by.
    Last edited by FairBall; 21/11/2009 at 5:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boroman View Post
    sorry now lads but this thread is supposed to be about possible transfers not slating Limerick FC
    is there any players moving or talk of any players moving other than the ones awiseman mentioned

when does the transfer season end
    There's no such thing as luck. Victories for the underdog are an aberration on the order of the universe - which is why I've had damn few loses in my time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    end of january

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boroman View Post

there dead certs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast