Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Munster Junior Cup 2009/10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearysfan View Post
    I was at the match the other night in Jackman. The €8 i paid to get in, the only value i got was 8 goals. The defending from set pieces from both sides was absolutely shocking. I have read that Carrick played the better football during the game, i have to say i didn't see any good football from either side. It was a pity because i thought going to the match that it would be a cracker having two of the best junior teams in ireland playing each other but it never got going. 10/10 for excitment but for football entertainment there was none.
    I can't remember any real clear cut chances during the game. The two net minders were very poor and seemed to have no confidence in themselves. Both midfields had no influence what so ever during the game. If i was Clonmel i would just sit back and defend and really go for it at the set pieces. They would be gaurenteed at least 3.
    The pike management team have to take a real hit for losing the other night. Carrick played a lad at right back and i wouldn't put him in any "C" team in the country. They didn't exploit him well enough and the only two times they did they scored. The game changed on its head when Carrick finnally took the poor lad off who was having a shocker and went three at the back. This is when pike should have taken off a striker and bulked up midfield and just see the game out but they didn't and they lost. Fair play to Carrick for not giving up though.
    Pike lost everything without the big red hair lad up front. Everything went through him and when he got injured, they got lost.
    Best of luck so the Carrick and Clonmel at the weekend, hope it is a good match with please god alot more footbal than last week. Be wary of the referree who wont take any back chat or argueing. He is very essentric and will make a team pay for it with cards if they don't do what they are told

sorry but expect more of the same. if its good football your looking for,clonmel is not the place

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cool

must admit i was a bit shocked by the size of the crowd sat night.as already stated carrick had a decent following there and it has to be said got right behind the team.question is where was the pike support ,and there did not seem to be much cross club support for them there either.on the referee performance,think he did ok except he should have red carded pikes right full in the 1st half for a dreadful tackle.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    must admit i was a bit shocked by the size of the crowd sat night.as already stated carrick had a decent following there and it has to be said got right behind the team.question is where was the pike support ,and there did not seem to be much cross club support for them there either.on the referee performance,think he did ok except he should have red carded pikes right full in the 1st half for a dreadful tackle.
    Yes, that was an awful tackle. He could have brandished a red also when the last Pike defender scythed down a Carrick attacker late in the game.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    that right back is the most decorated player in waterford junior league history and a fantastic servent to carrick ....
    maybe dont slate honest players so easily , everyone haS a bad day from time to time .! good report though !!!
    "everyone quiet, or the fat lazy, striker gets it!"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Any betting for the game, first scorer etc ?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Which 'Town team will turn up tomorrow - the same nervous and unsure side which bombed against Michaels (and in truth against Villa in MJ semi) or the determined focused side which having not been in Athlone or Killarney I've only seen against Ballymun. I think the big factor will be the centre of midfield - if 'Town perform like they did 2 weeks ago they'll be slaughtered. Stephen Ryan is not a centre of midfield player - I know the heat was a factor for all in the FAI semi but I thought he in particular struggled. I know John Shanahan has been very good in defence with Raymie but I think a switch between himself & Ryan is more beneficial to the side. The other big issue is keeper - is Richie Ryan still out - Stephen O'Neill looked very nervous last day - as you'd expect. The chap (one of the 2 best keepers in the clubs history) is out of the game too long - a bad reflection on the club being the 2nd choice. All other areas I think Town will hold their own - Carrick's defence isn't great and up front are good but apart from Fizzy nothing to be overly fearful of.

All in all should (hopefully) be a cracker of a game - may the best team win (hopefully in orange - will be a flat end to the season otherwise).

p.s. Are many of the Carrick players due to play in the Davins / Swan match on Sunday - where does the allegiance (soccer / hurling) lie?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Galla View Post
    Which 'Town team will turn up tomorrow - the same nervous and unsure side which bombed against Michaels (and in truth against Villa in MJ semi) or the determined focused side which having not been in Athlone or Killarney I've only seen against Ballymun. I think the big factor will be the centre of midfield - if 'Town perform like they did 2 weeks ago they'll be slaughtered. Stephen Ryan is not a centre of midfield player - I know the heat was a factor for all in the FAI semi but I thought he in particular struggled. I know John Shanahan has been very good in defence with Raymie but I think a switch between himself & Ryan is more beneficial to the side. The other big issue is keeper - is Richie Ryan still out - Stephen O'Neill looked very nervous last day - as you'd expect. The chap (one of the 2 best keepers in the clubs history) is out of the game too long - a bad reflection on the club being the 2nd choice. All other areas I think Town will hold their own - Carrick's defence isn't great and up front are good but apart from Fizzy nothing to be overly fearful of.

All in all should (hopefully) be a cracker of a game - may the best team win (hopefully in orange - will be a flat end to the season otherwise).

p.s. Are many of the Carrick players due to play in the Davins / Swan match on Sunday - where does the allegiance (soccer / hurling) lie?
    Town really are jekyl and hyde this season but when they are good they are very good, and they will need to be at their best saturday night as Carrick are formiddable opponents, i think it will be a goal fest and i think you are correct Galla i think Shanahan and Stephen Ryan will swap positions and i think Town will be much more positive than they were against Saints, good luck to both TSDL sides in their respective missions this weekend, it could be a memorable year for Tipperary soccer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipp Top View Post
    Town really are jekyl and hyde this season but when they are good they are very good, and they will need to be at their best saturday night as Carrick are formiddable opponents, i think it will be a goal fest and i think you are correct Galla i think Shanahan and Stephen Ryan will swap positions and i think Town will be much more positive than they were against Saints, good luck to both TSDL sides in their respective missions this weekend, it could be a memorable year for Tipperary soccer
    could also be disastrous for town and micks,especially with peake winning the league.best of luck to fairview on sunday.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Best of luck to Brian Barry and all his squad tonight in Cahir and heres hoping you bring the Munster Cup back to Carrick.
    Go on THE HOOPS!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    could someone post up result at full time couldn t make match tonight. Cheers
    if it wasnt for birds and booze id have played for ireland juniors!!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balls View Post
    could someone post up result at full time couldn t make match tonight. Cheers
    Carrick Utd won 2-0 after extra time, a goal in each period. Carrick were the better team and deserved to win. Clonmel Town battled bravely but lacked anything up front.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nononsense View Post
    Carrick Utd won 2-0 after extra time, a goal in each period. Carrick were the better team and deserved to win. Clonmel Town battled bravely but lacked anything up front.
    Massive effort from Town,i thought it was very 50-50,was a thankless job for Moroney up front on his own,Barry Ryan completely nulified Michael Coady down that side and Evan Mcguire had some great moments down the left,Richie Ryan was fantastic for Town and great to see him back,well done Carrick ye got that crucial first goal

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Massive effort from Town,i thought it was very 50-50,was a thankless job for Moroney up front on his own,Barry Ryan completely nulified Michael Coady down that side and Evan Mcguire had some great moments down the left,Richie Ryan was fantastic for Town and great to see him back,well done Carrick ye got that crucial first goal
    Congrats to Carrick, Clonmel should never have even got to the latter stages of this comp.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Were you at the match? Michael Coady was outstanding.he had no worries defensively and his composure and run set up that all important first goal. Higher things await him.Its easy to see why he is an international.

Town carried no real threat - in fact Adrian Walsh had very little to do,

Good value for money though, very high tempo in first half and played in a good spirit.Well done to Carrick.Big changes needed at Town - disappointing season,it must be said

Here's hoping for a great game in Cork tomorrow

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    dont think it will be a dissaster bandit for the tsdl at all, everyone in the tsdl more than happy with the season so far town punched above there weight this season reaching fai semi and mjc cup final, they had a superb team last few seasons prob should have won bit more nationally and in the mjc but lost 4 of there best players this season so anything achieved this year in transition would have been a bonus. plus they won a munster youth cup this year so not a complete wipeout for the season. whats the problem with chalkie jealous of all his caps is it, mullins and mcgarry or those prob could get all them caps if they wanted but there playing gaa aswell outside soccer so prob dont have time to commit to international set up, brian buckley too but he was off playing senior with limerick fc for few years, chalkie stuck with junior level and got his caps its not a huge deal so get over it. i dont rate certain so called top junior players in limerick hartnett, rossy cosgrove etc but you dont see me continuosly bringing that up on these forums. i for one hope saints win today and see chalkie complete his medal collection with fai to add to all his caps.

Also on the fact that its a disastrous season for tsdl think it shows the strentgh of our league that town finished 4th in the league and saints only came 3rd yet both got to major finals, unlike inside in limerick where pike and fairview are not as untouchable as ye think and the chasing pack of boro regional etc are a long way off winning any major honours

rant over
    if it wasnt for birds and booze id have played for ireland juniors!!!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well done to Carrick United on another major success. It was not just the win but the manner in which it was achieved that makes it so pleasing.
    The Hoops endeavour to play the ball to feet and they were true to this philosophy again in Cahir last evening. Those who questioned Carricks supposed defensive frailties got a definitive answer.
    The back four gave nothing away and keeper Adrian Walsh, when tested, was soundness personified.
    Up front, not only Fizzy but Alan Cody and Glen Keane had the opposition defence on constant alert.
    As it did throughout the season their high level of fitness was very evident.
    Congrats, Brian Barry to you and all your squad.

Could anybody explain why the Clonmel manager did not appear, when requested, at the medal giving presentation after the game?
    Last edited by Mission Bell; 06/06/2010 at 1:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Congrats to Carrick... Town gave it everything but never really threatened the Carrick goal which was down to the back 4 who were excellent all night. It was a tight game and the first goal was always gonna be crucial and Carrick got it and Town never recoveed. Carrick are a fine team and are worthy champions
    "I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission Bell View Post
    Well done to Carrick United on another major success. It was not just the win but the manner in which it was achieved that makes it so pleasing.
    The Hoops endeavour to play the ball to feet and they were true to this philosophy again in Cahir last evening. Those who questioned Carricks supposed defensive frailties got a definitive answer.
    The back four gave nothing away and keeper Adrian Walsh, when tested, was soundness personified.
    Up front, not only Fizzy but Alan Cody and Glen Keane had the opposition defence on constant alert.
    As it did throughout the season their high level of fitness was very evident.
    Congrats, Brian Barry to you and all your squad.

Could anybody explain why the Clonmel manager did not appear, when requested, at the medal giving presentation after the game?

I was a neutral at the game and as I said already the best team won. Carrick are a very good attractive side - I saw them against Pike also and their team spirit is unquestionable. I do not know why the Clonmel Town manager wasn't present at the medal presentation but he may have been concerned about one of his players who was badly injured just before the end.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nononsense View Post
    [/B]
    I was a neutral at the game and as I said already the best team won. Carrick are a very good attractive side - I saw them against Pike also and their team spirit is unquestionable. I do not know why the Clonmel Town manager wasn't present at the medal presentation but he may have been concerned about one of his players who was badly injured just before the end.
    I take what you say but to leave the injured player in the capable hands of his mentors may have been more advisable and would hardly have caused further stress. It would also have been thoughtful towards the Munster FA and the competition. Then, maybe just an oversight.
    In saying that it won't have taken from Carrick's joy on the evening.
    Last edited by Mission Bell; 09/06/2010 at 9:00 AM.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526