Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flynny Injury Update

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Flynny Injury Update

On the back of the Echo it says that Flynny is being sent to Lindshall(?), some top place for fitness for footballers and other professionals for a week to help his recovery.

Dolan says there is no timescale for his return to playing but that he has been taking part in light training sessions. He also says he wants to sign two more players before the season starts.

http://www.eecho.ie/pdf/back.pdf

Oh and its by Conor George so its true
    Oh no not them again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Where do I reply

definitely a bit worrying for Flynny, strange that the decision to send him away has been made so close to the start of the new season. won't worry too much until the ko on first day though if he's not there.

(on a completely separate note, the photo of John Hayes in the column on the left of the echo back page makes him look like he has a serious bobby charlton going on )

thecorner
    this flynny injury is turning into a bit of a joke

they must have known this last year

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I can tell you now that Flynny will not be playing in the first few games of the season.

If, at this stage, he has not even started light training then there is something seriously wrong with his knee. At best he will not be fit enough.

S. O'Flynn has obviously been brought in to cover for the "original" Flynny - which in hindsight, has been a good move.

On a completely pesemistic note, I don't, now, expect to see J O'F in a City Team until mid summer ( i.e. June / July ).

If he needs another operation then that is the seaosn gone for him ...... and dare I say it ......... could even put a question mark over his carrer.

This type of injury is the most serious for a footballer and has ended many players carrers.

That game against Longford makes me sick - he should never have played................but in a way I blame the player himself - he should have know better.
    Irish by birth,
    Cork by the grace of God.

thecorner
    Originally posted by Counting Crow

That game against Longford makes me sick - he should never have played................but in a way I blame the player himself - he should have know better.
    dont know all about that
    was told behan was also carrying an injury last season and was told by dolan,either he plays with the injury or there will be no contract for him. DONT KNOW HOW TRUE THIS IS THOUGH

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by xtreme rebel
    And Behan is crocked now as well.

Behan went over on his ankle in training.

On Flynny coming on against Longford, he could not have played if the club doctor, most likely another doctor, the management and the player himself thought that he was ready.

IF it was any other way our insurance would have been void, we could have be liable to pay millions litterally. You you really think that Brian and Pat are that stupid?
    Oh no not them again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I was in the shed when he came on SOC, me and everybody around me could see

1. Flynny was nowhere near fit
    2. He was visibly uncomfortable and hobbling ten minutes after coming on.

Could Lennox and Dolan be that stupid?

1. The game clashed with Man Utd -v- Chelsea on sky
    2. They'd been touting John's return on redFM all week
    3. He was put on for Colin T. after thirty minutes

If he wasn't fit enough to start, he wasn't fit enough to put in an hour, the club were using him to get a big crowd in. This was a PR stunt that went very badly wrong, he clearly wasn't ready, he shouldn't have been risked, so why was he?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Dolan as manager must take responsibility for this.

A stupid silly mistake.

thecorner

In my own opinion, Flynny knows his own body best
    i bet his ol'doll would argue with that post

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Dolan asked Flynny was he fit to play for the Longford game, Flynny said Yes so on he came.
    Do you know this for a fact ?

Dolan & Lennox have done wonders for the club and this is the crap people come out with. We have the best manager and best chairman in the Eircom League and don't know how lucky we are.
    Everybody makes mistakes, we are all fallible.
    You'll be saying next that the sun shines out of their arses.
    Get a grip man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Dolan asked Flynny was he fit to play for the Longford game, Flynny said Yes so on he came. Flynny knows his own body best and honestly though he was fit that night and unfortunately he suffered a setback on his comeback.
    best manager and best chairman in the Eircom League and don't know how lucky we are.
    Before i start, I think Dolan is great, and Lennox has been even better for the club, however......

as i said in my post, everybody in the shed saw Flynny wasn't fit and that he was struggling (and to make it perfectly clear, he spent the last half hour more or less standing on the spot, and when he did move he was hobbling).

why the FCUK didn't Dolan "the best manager in the league" take him off?

the reason, which is why he doesn't like 'internet supporters' or Pat's fans is he refuses to be questioned and he refuses to let himself be proven wrong.

as to your conversation between flynn and dolan, it every bit as much conjecture as you claim my post is.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    We have the best manager and best chairman in the Eircom League and don't know how lucky we are.
    I agree 100%. It wouldn't be the first time a player has had an injury, come back and broken down. For fcuks sake, how many comebacks did Ronaldo have at Inter?! I am worried aqs to when we'll see flynny again, but I don't blame anyon for it- these things happen, and in signing Steve O'Flynn, Dolan has got some very good back-up should he take longer to recover.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    . Its well known if you had a clue for a player to declare himself fit for a game if he was injured. Dolan is never going to risk a player of flynny's standard and force him to play. How stupid are you "razor".
    Don't mind your generalisations, I was referring to this specific incident
    And it is quite clear that you do not know.

What is great to see though is that you know Dolans mind so well
    You know how he thinks and exactly what he would do in certain situations.

Are u in fact Dolan ?
    or Are u in fact the "Stupid one" ?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Re: Re: Flynny Injury Update

The first thing I look for when a City article appears in the Echo is who wrote it!
    In do the same thing for posts on this forum
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Why didn't Flynny ask to come off?......Dolan asked him was he ok to carry on. Flynny said Ya, so he stayed on. Not all players recover from injuries without having a setback.
    look, I'll give you all that xtreme, but I remember that game vividly. we were poor, but there was no possible reason to throw Flynn on after half an hour.

Dolan asked him was he ok????

Didn't see that, or hear flynny answering him, but I could see Flynny was not OK, everybody around me could see he was not OK. He should have been given ten minutes to see could he run it off (which is probably when you heard Dolan's question) but when he hadn't he should have been pulled out of the game, end of story. The lad had been out for months and was hobbling around the pitch, i don't care what happened with Ronaldo, he shouldn't have been on the pitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    How many people that night could possibly say that they were not happy to see Flynny come on and make his come back?
    Wherever you lie on the blame issue, there is no doubt that Flynn broke down that night and it's prolonged his injury, so I'd imagine the answer to your question is most people are unhappy that flynny made his comeback on that night.

I'm not suggesting, as your defensiveness implies, that anybody did this intentionally, but I still stand by my position that Flynn's comeback was rushed and it backfired.

Perhaps you would see it or have heard it if you just removed your head from Flynny's ass.
    fcuking pathetic. why the sudden jump to insults just because i disagree with you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation .......................................

Originally posted by tiktok
    why the sudden jump to insults just because i disagree with you?
    Hey .... hold up there a second fella .... i do that all the time !!

The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Flynny Injury Update

Yeah like Razor's pathetic effort of a reply there, I don't think i'll read his anymore. I think there are too many childish, idiotic people on this forum.
    You said it buddy.
    You head off sulk but take a good look in the mirror.

The minute you 'stopped' reading my posts, you start on someone else. pathetic. give it a rest boy will ya.

I mean you are correct when u say everyone in the ground was happy to see O'Flynn come on that night but that didn't last long cause everyone could see after about 5 minutes that he wasn't up to it. And for the next hour I was just praying Dolan would take him off again, the last 20 mins or so O'Flynn was no more than a passenger.
    Whatever way u want to look at it, in my opinion Dolan is responsible for team selection, who plays & who doesn't.
    And in this case the blame lies firmly at his door.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Hey , you're entitled to your opinion the same way i'm entitled to mine. If we don't agree, so what.

Sure we might even go for a pint after Sundays game and discuss it some more.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Flynny Injury Update

...he declared himself fit, he made his comeback and suffered a setback. End of story.
    THat's no the end of the story though. He's still out. He made the comeback, broke down straight away, yet he was left run around for another hour. All that could have done was aggravate his injury. He should have been taken off after 15 mins.

The question is, why wasn't he subbed when it was clear that he was not ready?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast