Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: PFAI Nominees

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

PFAI Nominees

Paddy Purcell has been nominated for the first division player of the year along with Galway's Alan Murphy and Harps' Tom Mohan.

Purcell and Steve O'Flynn also made the First Division team of the year. Surprised that O'Flynn wasn't nominated for player of the year though.

First Division
    Horgan (Dublin City) O'Connor (Dublin City), Purcell (Limerick), Charles (Bray Wanderers), Minnock (Finn Harps) McGrenaghan (Finn Harps), Fox (Bray Wanderers), Mohan (Finn Harps), O'Flynn (Limerick), McHugh (Finn Harps), Murphy (Galway United).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Don't agree with Murphy's inclusion in player of the year or the team of the year. he has to be the most over rated player in Division 1 (or the eL for that matter).

Surprised at only one outfield Dublin City player - Harps get 4. Dublin did win the thing.

I'd drop Murphy and Charles. Marc Kenny for Kildare was impressive. I'd put him in. I also think Brendan Sweeney deserves it ahead of Fox. It would be too much to ask for Stephen O'Mahoney to get the nod maybe - but he's the best right full in the division.

Am I completely biased!
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Originally posted by LFC in Exile
    I'd drop Murphy and Charles. Marc Kenny for Kildare was impressive. I'd put him in. I also think Brendan Sweeney deserves it ahead of Fox. It would be too much to ask for Stephen O'Mahoney to get the nod maybe - but he's the best right full in the division.

Am I completely biased!
    I wouldn't saycompletely biased. O'Mahomey was the best right-full in the division, and I think sentiment got in the way, what with Tony O'Connor being an auld lad and guiding them to the title in his first season and all that.Murphy is a class striker...a total spoon...but a class striker and I think deserves his place.What about Zayed though??Sweens unlucky too but if he got it you could perhaps say Fox was unlucky too.