Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Internet Explorer 8

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts

Internet Explorer 8

Hi, finally got broadband at home, so upgraded IE whilst I was doing a few years of windows updates. However, now I'm having problems with logging on to sites/ forums. Foot.ie is actually okay, but the likes of boards.ie and politics.ie it's not letting me log on. It's fine with firefox, so it's something with IE, I assume with the cookies but I've tried a few things in security and privacy with no joy, and google isn't giving me the solution. Way more options than with IE&. I'm warming to firefox, but can anyone point me to what I should be changing (as the missus isn't!). Ta.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    Hi, finally got broadband at home, so upgraded IE whilst I was doing a few years of windows updates. However, now I'm having problems with logging on to sites/ forums. Foot.ie is actually okay, but the likes of boards.ie and politics.ie it's not letting me log on. It's fine with firefox, so it's something with IE, I assume with the cookies but I've tried a few things in security and privacy with no joy, and google isn't giving me the solution. Way more options than with IE&. I'm warming to firefox, but can anyone point me to what I should be changing (as the missus isn't!). Ta.
    The Missus

Try and reinstall it?
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.