Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat's v Rovers Match Predictions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pat's v Rovers Match Predictions

After such a bad result against Shams how do ye think we'll get on against St. Pat's at the weekend? Richmond Park is never an easy place to go to but like ourselves they are on a bad run of form of late so it's not the worst time to be heading there looking for a result.

They were on the wrong end of a 3-0 home hammering themselves against Cork last weekend and Kenna is under a lot of pressure so we should be capable of coming away with something to get ourselves back on track. Stuart Byrne will prob be suspended for them aswell after his sending off. I'd like to be more optimistic though and say we'll win 2-1 but I'll go for a 1-1 draw!

If Almeida were fit enough for this game it would make a huge difference both at the back and as an aerial threat from corners, but seeing as he's only supposed to have resumed light training last week I doubt he'll be risked, especially after the last time.
    The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
    Muhammad Ali

Roy Keane is still a pri*k!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile

remember we will be missing o grady. somebody said on a post 3 game suspension is that correct? if it is we are in big trouble as he seeems to be the only midfielder with a bit of fight in him at the moment. lets hope ritchie and the others can up their game for this one. as important is the game against sporting fingal. if we could get a point against pat's and beat sporting i think it can get our season back on track. by the way anbody hear that chris butler has departed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red arrow View Post
    remember we will be missing o grady. somebody said on a post 3 game suspension is that correct? if it is we are in big trouble as he seeems to be the only midfielder with a bit of fight in him at the moment. lets hope ritchie and the others can up their game for this one. as important is the game against sporting fingal. if we could get a point against pat's and beat sporting i think it can get our season back on track. by the way anbody hear that chris butler has departed?
    My Team

Keane, Peers, Feeney, Holmes/Keohane

Boco, Ventre, Ryan, Morrison

Parkhouse, Cretaro

I'd play Boco deeper as it may give us some sort of support coming from Midfield, as well as some wing play. I felt last week there was no link between midfield and attack. I'd put Morrison back over on the other side and slot Ventre into the middle of midfield if available? Almeida probably won't be available so Feeney starts. Parkhouse and Cretaro up front. doherty will be back for this i'd say. Sad if Chris Butler has left the club, i heard he was still limping very badly, quality footballer best left back i have ever seen at the club imo. Best of luck Chris if true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    if you score first you'll win
    we're sh_t
    hoping for a nil all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    if you score first you'll win
    we're sh_t
    hoping for a nil all
    We're similar in that respect!
    Will take a huge effort. A lot of the progress we seemed to be making has been brought into question after the performance at the weekend. Again, we're struggling and this is by no means our strongest eleven so a draw would be respectable.
    I hope thats not true about Butler. Really enjoyed watching him in the first half of last season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i fell into a burning ring of fire....

0:0 would probably steady the ship.... me thinks!

still: let's go for a stunning 2:1 away victory to start us off on an unbelievable unbeaten league run and a stunning ascent of the table into yooropeen contention!

otherwise....

is it considered bad form / luck to even mention the "R" word round here?

DIMITRI

if i can wangle night off work on friday see y'all on da bus....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Pats will concede another three, but I cant see Sligo scoring more than 1 so I am going for Sligo 1 Pats -2

bhs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Danny V only missed the cork game for a straight red so i assume its the same.

Maybe it depends what the ref puts in his report. Conors red was more impetulant and stupid than nasty so i presume it wont warrant any more than one game.

You never know in our league though

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sligored View Post
    Danny V only missed the cork game for a straight red so i assume its the same.

Maybe it depends what the ref puts in his report. Conors red was more impetulant and stupid than nasty so i presume it wont warrant any more than one game.

You never know in our league though
    2 yellows is a one match suspension.....end of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I'll go for 4-3 to however scores the first goal.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers Maniac View Post
    My Team

Keane, Peers, Feeney, Holmes/Keohane

Boco, Ventre, Ryan, Morrison

Parkhouse, Cretaro

I'd play Boco deeper as it may give us some sort of support coming from Midfield, as well as some wing play. I felt last week there was no link between midfield and attack. I'd put Morrison back over on the other side and slot Ventre into the middle of midfield if available? Almeida probably won't be available so Feeney starts. Parkhouse and Cretaro up front. doherty will be back for this i'd say. Sad if Chris Butler has left the club, i heard he was still limping very badly, quality footballer best left back i have ever seen at the club imo. Best of luck Chris if true.
    Probably wise to play Boco deeper - in fact as deep as possible, since you have opted to play without a keeper

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guts&Glory View Post
    2 yellows is a one match suspension.....end of.
    Conors was a straight red so what are you trying to say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by avvenalaf View Post
    Probably wise to play Boco deeper - in fact as deep as possible, since you have opted to play without a keeper
    Nope you're reading it wrong, My Team is playing in goal, he's that new Chinese lad we just signed, you know him, the lad with the funny haircut and the dodgy looking new crest on his jersey and beach towel etc......!!
    The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
    Muhammad Ali

Roy Keane is still a pri*k!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Smile

Well ive been a long time reader of this forum and decided that it was about time to join but unable to start a new thread jus gonna say what i want to say within this thread!
    Having read this forum for quite a while i must say that the positivity of most is very refreshing and its actually very rare among football supporters especially when things arent goin so well as things are at the moneny.
    Anyway ive been following rovers for well over 20 years and have seen my fair share of highs and lows from cup finals to sunday afternoons in the showgrounds with 200 or so other people watching meaningless 1st division games.Ive seen a ot of managers pass through the gates and can categorically say that Paul Cook has to be the finest regardrless of what happened pre-season. Our league finish last year was nothing short of a miracle and to think that even a couple of weeks ago just 4 months after bray people were questioning his position on here is absolutely mind-boggling. Everything should be done by the club to make sure we hold onto him and hopefully make a few extra resources available in july.
    This effectively brings me to my 2nd point i wish to make. I think because of our finish to last year some people have become a bit deluded as to what we can achieve this year. If you look at last weekends match we were playing a team we finished well ahead of last season but just look at how much shams improved their squad in the pre-season and quite simply geography and budget constraints is why we seen such a gap on saturday nite. I honestly believe we are a better side than drogs,galway and bray so i would urge people to believe that give the size of our current squad finishing 7th would be a decent achievement coz everybody else has far greater resources available to them. I know some may scorn at 7th been an achievement but remember those years Under DOR and it should make sense.
    In saying that lets hope that things do click and we go on a great run and europe again but realistically i dont see it but i do think we could be looking at some form of cup glory!!!So i would plead with every rovers loving individual be paitient with both players and management because altho success league success may not be coming to us this season the club is modelling itself the right way so that at least we will have a team to support in 20 years time which i dont think fans of some other clubs in this league could say wtih confidence!!!

p.s roll on friday

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    For Friday night do not want to sound like a broken record but Morriosn is best suited playing behind a lone striker in front of the midfiled.Running at defenders he will win plenty of frees (just dont let him take them) and as we saw in Derry playing this role he can trouble any defence.So I wouls move Bocoo out wide and Raf and Morrison up front.This will also allow Raf stay top man up as he does try and do too much as a striker coming to deep back and wide when we need him in and around the box. Still believe Parkhouse can be a benefit to teh team but not as an aerial threat, he seems too heavy to get any height when jumping his strength is his strength and agaisnt a defence with Harris and Gavin they would clean up in the air.Forwards need to play off Parkhouse so ball into feet is the ebst way to utilise him.If trailing or losing Friday night I would bring him on play him as the lone front man with Morrison and Raf playing just off him.Dats my tupence worth

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile

excellent posting "ist time post". thats the type of belief and spirit we need in this club. if we get a bit ofluck over the next two games it could set our season up. i have always maintained that almeida is a huge loss and remember lads we have lost seamie & chris. the new lads that have come in are doing their best and with holmes back we should be stronger. anybody have any update on mauro? how far off is he from making the bench?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    how far off is he from making the bench?
    Another 2/3 weeks from the last i heard.....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st time post View Post
    Well ive been a long time reader of this forum and decided that it was about time to join but unable to start a new thread jus gonna say what i want to say within this thread!
    Having read this forum for quite a while i must say that the positivity of most is very refreshing and its actually very rare among football supporters especially when things arent goin so well as things are at the moneny.
    Anyway ive been following rovers for well over 20 years and have seen my fair share of highs and lows from cup finals to sunday afternoons in the showgrounds with 200 or so other people watching meaningless 1st division games.Ive seen a ot of managers pass through the gates and can categorically say that Paul Cook has to be the finest regardrless of what happened pre-season. Our league finish last year was nothing short of a miracle and to think that even a couple of weeks ago just 4 months after bray people were questioning his position on here is absolutely mind-boggling. Everything should be done by the club to make sure we hold onto him and hopefully make a few extra resources available in july.
    This effectively brings me to my 2nd point i wish to make. I think because of our finish to last year some people have become a bit deluded as to what we can achieve this year. If you look at last weekends match we were playing a team we finished well ahead of last season but just look at how much shams improved their squad in the pre-season and quite simply geography and budget constraints is why we seen such a gap on saturday nite. I honestly believe we are a better side than drogs,galway and bray so i would urge people to believe that give the size of our current squad finishing 7th would be a decent achievement coz everybody else has far greater resources available to them. I know some may scorn at 7th been an achievement but remember those years Under DOR and it should make sense.
    In saying that lets hope that things do click and we go on a great run and europe again but realistically i dont see it but i do think we could be looking at some form of cup glory!!!So i would plead with every rovers loving individual be paitient with both players and management because altho success league success may not be coming to us this season the club is modelling itself the right way so that at least we will have a team to support in 20 years time which i dont think fans of some other clubs in this league could say wtih confidence!!!

p.s roll on friday
    The problem with wearing rose tinted glasses is that you can't see anything when it begins to rain. Shamrock Rovers are a part time outfit whose biggest improvement has been in their manager. We will be ok because, basically, we have better players than three other teams in the league. That's about it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile mauro almeidia

just read in the sligo champion that cook reckons almeida is a long way off from being ready to play. indeed i would be very concerned and quote "it looks a though mauro is a way off a return and that is a worry. we need a strong centre half and a leader and we really could do with having him back"
    also ryan is struggling with a shin injury. from what i hear is that almeida has an achilles tendon problem. there was a suggestion that he should go for surgery a few weeks back but i have heard nothing more. he is now out since the beginning of the season, i would have hoped that he has considered all options with regard to gaining fitness. is he going for surgery? has he considered something like "acupuncture" which can be very successful.
    i believe that the supporters have a right to know what exactly is the current standing with regard to mauro. will he play again?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    what beggars belief is how a town that is soccer mad and produces teams that get to quarter/semi finals of fai junior cups and we always have summerhill and loads of under age teams doing well but are producing no under age talent in fairness. surely we have youngsters to bring through but for as long as i know our youth policy is brutal. constant fund raising to keep the club going and for bringing players in, why are the club not consentrating their efforts on nuturing local talent. for 1. when they are young they will not have to sign pro contracts and we will have them on low wages. isnt wages what have the club crippled financially. i just find it hard to belive that we cant find a few special younf lads to set the league alight when we are a soccer county. jesus we could even get a connaught championship outta the gaelic so surely soccer has some hope in sligo

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast