Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cork in Trouble Again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    but as has been pointed out, if cork have 46 employees and only one isn't paid, it suggest victimization more than just not having the money
    As tiktok said earlier 'but there are serious questions hanging over whether the behind the scenes staff have been, it's been widely rumoured that they hadn't been up to yesterday anyway.'

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok View Post
    It's very worrying times, with reference to the budget that the FAI approved though, the real question is 'are Cork City actually adhering to what they said they would'. It looks like we're not.
    They can't be let off the hook that easy. Either it was a sustainable budget or it wasn't, especially given the trouble some clubs had having their budgets accepted. Is there really the same oversight of all clubs in the League?

If it turns out they again accepted worthless promises that external money would be put in, heads should definitely roll.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    but as has been pointed out, if cork have 46 employees and only one isn't paid, it suggest victimization more than just not having the money
    It seems to be victimisation of a particular player alright, but he's not likely to be the only staff member left unpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    They can't be let off the hook that easy. Either it was a sustainable budget or it wasn't, especially given the trouble some clubs had having their budgets accepted. Is there really the same oversight of all clubs in the League?

If it turns out they again accepted worthless promises that external money would be put in, heads should definitely roll.
    I don't disagree with you, but I'd still wager that what we submitted is not what we're running at.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    46 employees?? how the hell is that sustainable for cork city just coming out the back of examinership! i wish someone in the fai would grow a pair.
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
    Muhammad Ali

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    It seems to be victimisation of a particular player alright, but he's not likely to be the only staff member left unpaid.

I don't disagree with you, but I'd still wager that what we submitted is not what we're running at.
    That's an even bigger breach than not being able to meet the commitments submitted to the FAI in fairness. If that's the case the licencing committee should be hammering ye.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    this says as much about the licensing process and the fai administation as it does about cork ,will bet they will put an embargo on signing players as if that will teach them hmmm.

the bottom line they fai will do its utmost to save its flagships like cork, drogs and others while it wants other clubs to exit the league as quietly as possible
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I do hope that, if this situation isn't resolved to the player's satisfaction, that CCFC are docked points. It is disgraceful to treat a player this way, especially one who seems to be a model pro.

A 5 or 6 point deduction, even at this stage of the season (putting them into negative points), would serve as a timely kick up the rear for both them and other clubs thinking of messing around their players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    This raises the question, why did the FAI allow Cork City to run off a budget the cannot sustain and has caused them to miss wage payments just 4 weeks into the season? Poor form on FAIs part yet again. If Cork are running off a budget other then the one they submitted to the FAI they should be punished. Docking them 3-5 points seems fair. If its the case that they can sustain the budget(which i doubt) and are victimising one player(again i doubt it) then its disgraceful behaviour. Either way not paying players on time is unacceptable and is worthy of a points deduction. If the FAI dont take action here it just shows theyre spineless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I still say there's more to this than coughlin not having the money. If that was the issue, it'd have been easier to leave everyone a little short than just not pay one guy

Cork left 2 players short last month. If murphy is me of them he's building an impressive case against Cork
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    Makes an absolute farce of licencing. It didn't take long for financial issues to raise their head, again.
    Arr licensing my backside.

When asked why Drogheda United got a licence the FAI’s Internal Compliance Officer said that DUFC got a licence because they have a planning application for a new stadium before An Bord Pleanala. When the FAI sink to using a stadium take won't or indeed can't be built as a reason for giving a club a Premier Licence then we may all give up on the licensing process. It a not very funny joke.
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Another bizarre twist to this story. According to a source (and this source would know) on the City forum, Danny has agreed a new two year deal.
    They say what about the meek?
    I say they’ve got a bloody cheek

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Good Son View Post
    Another bizarre twist to this story. According to a source (and this source would know) on the City forum, Danny has agreed a new two year deal.
    We don't deserve the lad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    We don't deserve the lad.
    He has showen his love for playing for City by sticking with us during the examinership time and he is proabably on a much lower wage than he was before.In truth Danny would do anything to wear the City jersey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The man is an absolute hero. Model pro, and an example for footballers everywhere. I wish to god we had him.
    DCFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    And for his trouble, he's last to get paid..
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Crowd v Bray 2,600, down over a thousand on Sligo gate,player not being paid, late goals costing 5 points, talk of "points deductions" already hitting the forums......the joys of being a City fan.Can't argue that this situation is entirely self inflicted, but the satisfaction some lads get from our problems leaves a bad taste.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Seems like he is a model pro, good luck to him

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/1542/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    I would wonder if the manipulative hand of Stephen Mc Guinness was at work here to strengthen the PFAI`s hand in contract negotiations? In any event Cork City either foolishly blundered into a carefully laid media trap or alternatively the owner of the club is a vindictive b******d who will ultimately alienate fans and undermine the viability of the club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Danny is an absolute legend.He would do anything to wear the Cork City jersey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SUB of the day View Post
    but the satisfaction some lads get from our problems leaves a bad taste.
    To be honest, I don't think there's that much satisfaction or gloating at all. More frustration and weariness as the Cork saga drags along, pulling the league down with it. I genuinely hate to see clubs get into financial difficulties- I'm a Derry City fan first and foremost but a League of Ireland fan also, and like most people am rather baffled by the fact that Cork don't seem to have downsized according to their new financial position whatsoever. And instead of coming clean about their position and what needs to be done to remedy it, the bad news just seems to keep seeping out, month after month.

It's depressing, because I think the league is greatly enhanced by Cork- the footballing style, the ground, the fans, the players, even the city itself, and I'd hate to lose them, but at this stage now, after continuing to buy players despite seeming to be in the middle of a financial crisis, after the rumours of not paying certain players and not paying the backroom staff among other things, I'd imagine most people are just fed up of the whole thing and want Cork to get their house in order one way or another.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast