Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Away days...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Faroes has got to be done hasn't it- by plane, by boat who cares?????? For a bit of tourism info on the faroes I have originally found

http://www.faroeislands.com/

apparently a 'birdwatchers paradise' - funilly enough that's what a few of us thought about Switzerland!!

Too young to go to Stuttgart 88 (aka 'paradise'), Rome 90 or NJ, 94 but Paris will be one of those trips that simply cannot be missed - goosebumps just thinking about the Soldier's Song preemting Les Marsielles (wrong spelling but you know I mean) in the stade de France - which some say is the best football stadium in the world?

Basel (again) will also done as will Cyprus possibly X2.

What a cracking group and what a coming two years to look forward to!!!!

Erin go Bragh!!!!!!!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    All this talk about games is making my feet itch. Anyone got news on friendlies abroad, or are we going to get more of the same Canada at home sh*te, plus the obligitary US Cup cojones? I'm hoping for the return friendly in Sweden. With France in the group, it's the last of the top European sides I haven't seen Ireland play away. Good birdwatching there too I hear, LI!
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    One of The Tartan Army lads said that Scotland were playing in the US and that we were one of their likely opponents, sounds like a US cup thingy to me (though I haven't got a link or anything)
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by lopez
    All this talk about games is making my feet itch. Anyone got news on friendlies abroad, or are we going to get more of the same Canada at home sh*te, plus the obligitary US Cup cojones? I'm hoping for the return friendly in Sweden. With France in the group, it's the last of the top European sides I haven't seen Ireland play away. Good birdwatching there too I hear, LI!

The latest I heard was that an away friendly in Denmark was planned for March/April.

Speaking of 'birdwatching', Copenhagen ranks right up there with the best. The last trip to Copenhagen in 1992 was a very successful one on and off the pitch for the Irish!

Definitely an away fixture to be considered.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Originally posted by republic
    The latest I heard was that an away friendly in Denmark was planned for March/April.

Speaking of 'birdwatching', Copenhagen ranks right up there with the best. The last trip to Copenhagen in 1992 was a very successful one on and off the pitch for the Irish!
    I know the score. While Preben Elkjaer was knocking them in at Lansdowne road in 85, I had already got a hatrick that morning with a Danish supporter I met on the boat over from Holyhead. She was over with her boyfriend, but that didn't stop her sampling some Irish culture. I mean you'd never find an Irish bird that would do that back then, although I hear times have changed. Still, not on par with the previous year's performance by an Irish fan and a local lass over a pool table in the appropriately labelled 'Spunk Bar' to a collective rendition of 'Here we go, here we go, here we go.' It merited the immortal front cover headline in the Sunday W*nk of 'Randy Paddies Shock Sex Mad Danes.'

Originally posted by republic
    Definitely an away fixture to be considered.
    Definitely!!!
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    .....Do we know if there is a friendly pencilled in February – would have to be on a weds as no blank premier league Saturday.

………Had the pleasure of visiting Copenhagen a couple of times (non-footie) and found it to be cracking – though expensive - city. An excellent destination for the Green army. Also Poland would be very welcoming…

I think some of the heavyweights might fancy us for a friendly with Euro 2004 in mind – as if they need practice to beat England. What about a trip to Spain or Italy???

The disproportionate number of 12-year-old running around the cities of Caligaria, Palermo and Genoa with ginger hair, freckles and green eyes would welcome it!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12