Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: South American WCQ Tickets

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

South American WCQ Tickets

I will be in Bolivia next April the same time they play Argentina in a WCQ has any one any experience of going to a game over will tickets be possible to get?

Cheers

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    I've seen many matches in Argentina, none of them international, but some Primera Division and a few Libertadores matches. Often for these you can get them outside the ground, but for this I would recommend speaking to your hotel or youth hostel, usually they will know someone who has got a ticket. Do you speak much Spanish ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Friend was in Brazil for the Brazil/Bolivia game and it wasn't half full. I also know people who went to some game in Chile this year and they got tickets at the ground. Don't think many of them sell out.

Just had a quick look and they've been getting about 20,000 for home qualifiers so far - stadium holds 45,000. Although Argentina will obviously be a bigger draw. They suck at the moment tho.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FI...tion_(CONMEBOL)
    The glass isn't half full or half empty it's just too damn big!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cheers for the info guys the Spanish is coming on alright been at it for the last couple of months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Tickets are generally no problem to purchase at the stadium and go on sale two days before the game. They never ever sell out. Ever!
    Its normally 10Bs for the league games, and generally the same for Internationals maybe a small markup. Im sure the Touts will seek you out as well, and their markup is pittance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    went to a few The Strongest league games in La Paz, maybe 5,000 there each time (capacity about 45,000) until the derby against Bolivar which was a sellout as far as I could see. Nevertheless there were lots of people selling tickets outside at only slightly above the odds. I imagine the Argentina game will be a huge event but if you're in town a few days beforehand just queue up like everyone else. Things are cheap in Bolivia and if you show up to the ground on matchday without a ticket I'm sure it won't cost much (by Irish standards) to get in.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Where is the game in La Paz? I also saw a game in Cusco which was a great atmosphere but still not sold out.

The above advice is sound. Youll have no problems. If youll be there with a few days to spare just head down to the ground and buy them yourself. If you're tight on time get your hostel/hotel to sort them for you in advance. Even if they make a few quid it will be an absolute pittance and Bolivia is the cheapest spot in Sth America so no worries.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew