Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ucc Ccfc Supporters Club

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ucc Ccfc Supporters Club

The Societies Guild of UCC will hopefully more than likely meet us on Thursday to hear why a Cork City Supporters' Club of Students would be a worthwhile 'investment' for them.
    At the moment, they are highly reluctant to give us the go-ahead for understandable reasons. At the same time these reasons are quite easy to argue against and this would be more effective if they hear us face-to-face. We've sped up the process by arranging for this meeting to happen on Thursday.
    (Usually they sit down without any personal presentation from applicants at which point they decide for or against the idea. If the 10 member board then decide to reject the idea, the applicant has the right to come back the following week to appeal their decision personally.)
    Therefore we've asked for a direct meeting rather than wasting time.
    They haven't got back to us as yet (Saturday afternoon) but we have to assume that they will. So in order that we are prepared for such an eventuality, we feel it would be wise for any City fans that believe a UCC Cork City Supporters’ Club would be a worthwhile venture to meet up so as to share ideas about:
    1 presenting our case.
    2 overturning the arguments they have against it.
    3 arranging events.
    Arranging events is absolutely key to this thing being accepted and we need to absolutely sell the society on this point.
    So hopefully Wednesday at 2:00 in the small room of the Old College Bar is suitable for most people. If not, please contact me at johnriordan2003@hotmail.com
    Don't come on Wednesday unless you have a really good idea of an event that would build Cork City's reputation in UCC!!
    Last edited by vito_golightly; 06/11/2003 at 3:22 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Best of luck lads...

Keep us up to date and we'll help in any way we can.

FFO
    Email: fanzine@fourfiveone.net
    Web: www.fourfiveone.net
    Text: 086-40-50-451

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation ...........................................

Is there a list of the current societies in The Societies Guild of UCC. Just to see it there is anything like it.

As regards events ..... that is no problem.

Peno shoot-outs, five a-side comp. dare i say it .... hit the bar comp.

A college in Cardiff had a fund raiser a few years ago, i am not sure if you know the schetch that Harry Enfield had before where Liverpoo played Arsé-nel in costume back in the 1920's or something. Black and white film and all the players walked funny (as in Charlie Chaplin, ddogy black and white film walk) .... Well the society all dressed up in old long shorts and candy stripoe shirts and hair greased to the side, and big hob nail etc. ... went really well apparently.

Best of luck anyway.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: ...........................................

Originally posted by A face
    dare i say it .... hit the bar comp.

OOOOOOHHHHHHH.........
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

GavinZac

Re: Ucc Ccfc Supporters Club

Originally posted by vito_golightly
    DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT, HIT EDIT BY MISTAKE!!! Can you repost please? Really sorry, not with it at all this morning. Sorry sorry sorry!

adam

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    bit computer illiterate but i put that post back in - it was on citynet.

also A FACE i remember that sketch. Gold!! the outside right with his silky skills which just had him flick the ball one way in a very unorthodox and exagerrated motion and then flick it back to whence he came!
    its probably been discussed on this forum before but monty python's (at the risk of sounding like a bookish ponce) ancient greeks Vs German Philosophers was PURE GOLD!!
    I cant remember exactly what the commentator says but after Sophocles (I think) gets a highly questionable tap-in, the Germans begin to protest to the ref and the commentator reels off 2 or 3 germans and their own longwinded and incomprehensible philosophies (which I guess they were famous for) and then with genius bathos:
    "...and Karl Marx is calling offside."

class is a word bandied about, even genius has been slightly debased. that sketch is indescribable and now I'm gona hide in the corner and wait for the screams of "pretentious w@nker!!"

it'll be a struggle not to laugh in the face of the guild members - oh who by the way i'm meeting in 20 mins. killing time here and getting some last minute inspiration - cos God knows it aint happening on the pitch!

It's kinda like our european chances - I'm cautiously confident but anything could happen.

ccfc till i die (he's the only one that turned up yesterday) and I have formulated good arguments

we shall see

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quality sketch. Had me in stitches.

Actually remember the other Python sketch where Eric Idle had a panel discussion with all the philosophers and started asking them questions about the English second division? Genius I tell ya
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    502 Posts
    Originally posted by vito_golightly
    bit computer illiterate but i put that post back in - it was on citynet.
    Sorry again!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Ruairi
    Quality sketch. Had me in stitches.

Actually remember the other Python sketch where Eric Idle had a panel discussion with all the philosophers and started asking them questions about the English second division? Genius I tell ya
    What about the philosophers drinking song - "Aristotle, Aristotle, was a bugger for the bottle" Emmanuel Kant was a real **** ant"

Monty python box set is a sound investment.
    I'm gonna take a blow torch to everyone who writes "any info on......." on the desks in the ucc library.

Who's with me

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    And Socrates himself will be very badly missed...

A lovely little thinker but a bugger when he's p!ssed

*Roar looks at his watch and waits for the thread to be split"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Damn it that's the other part I was trying to think of
    I'm gonna take a blow torch to everyone who writes "any info on......." on the desks in the ucc library.

Who's with me

GavinZac

that time of year again - college

how many foot.ie members are in UCC or know a city fan in UCC?
    it might be worth having a go off getting a club going again this year, although with Ken O'COnnor and vito_golightly in their last years it might be tough.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinZac
    how many foot.ie members are in UCC or know a city fan in UCC?
    it might be worth having a go off getting a club going again this year, . . .
    Whaddya mean, like a supporters club?
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

GavinZac
    yeah, we applied last year, mid-term and were told no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Keep trying lads

After a few attempts we got a Queens University Belfast Derry City Supporters Society going

The student supporters club is the maddest one I have ever been in
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

.................................................. ...

Quote Originally Posted by GavinZac
    yeah, we applied last year, mid-term and were told no.
    I cant believe it actually ..... University College Cork not allowing a Cork City supporters club, and it is in Cork. Some of the other societies should really be raising a few eyebrows if they wont allow a Cork City supporters club.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

.................................................. ..

Quote Originally Posted by Maribor
    student supporters club is the maddest one I have ever been in
    That probably because of the money you get, for all those drinking sessions projects and surveys and the like that you do. Yeah .... we know the story

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    I cant believe it actually ..... University College Cork not allowing a Cork City supporters club, and it is in Cork. Some of the other societies should really be raising a few eyebrows if they wont allow a Cork City supporters club.
    Student Unions are (in general) cliques, and dont like putting their funding into anything which might take funding away from their own seedy domain. UCC, as i have been told, is no different than any other SU in the world.

It is not in their direct interests, so tough. I know alot of hard work went into last years effort, and it still fell on deaf ears. Maybe perseverance will pay off. Either that, or become a clique member i suppose.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We weren't actually asking for any money, we just wanted permission to promote city in the campus, but you're right there Gary, they're all clique ****ers with their heads up their own holes.

By the by Gav, vito golightly is not in his last year although he is heading over to France for the year next year just like meself.

Who's with me

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccfc till i die
    We weren't actually asking for any money, we just wanted permission to promote city in the campus...
    Do you need permission to put up some posters 'n stuff in the college? I;d be surprised if was any complaints as colleges are usually plastered in posters are kinds of crap...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast