Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Change needed .. and fast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Change needed .. and fast

The title of the thread is fairly obvious. I have stayed out of the online debate for a reason, I didn't want to see my beloved club spill its guts out in public but I now can stay quiet no longer.
    The current committee should resign en bloc immediately because I now (and many others) suspect that they have lost the confidence of the club members.
    The chairman has consistently misled the members about the true level of debt in the club and his and the committee's hindrance of the proposed finance committee was the last straw for me.
    While many people will say we should put aside our differences for the good of the club I and others cannot simply give money to the club and watch it disappear into a black hole. I did donate money but on the strict understanding that the finance committee would have the say on where it went.
    Some say well who will run it? Well I say an interim committee with the broad support of the members should be established to see the club through to February 2009 when a new committee can be voted in.
    The days of 9 people running a club are over and I believe that sub-committees should be formed to oversee vital aspects of the club such as finance, fundraising, youth development etc. These can report to the main committee. The more people involved the better for the club.
    Many people fear that the club is now beyond saving, I disagree, there is enormous good will towards Ramblers both inside and outside the town but people will not get involved with the current regime, that may be a tragedy but it is the reality.
    So, to finish I would urge the committee to listen to their collective conscience and RESIGN NOW. You might believe that you are serving the best interests of the club by staying but I think otherwise.
    A fresh start is what is required otherwise this club is heading for the abyss.
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I agree and many more with me,its only a matter of time before one goes hopefully the rest will follow,there are people who will help the club but not with the current board in place.Somebody must hold their hands up to this mess its not the players or the fans but their the only ones suffering.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    100% agree with everything you have said.

It needs to happen now!!!!
    The Ram! :p

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Guy View Post
    The current committee should resign en bloc immediately because I now (and many others) suspect that they have lost the confidence of the club members.
    The chairman has consistently misled the members about the true level of debt in the club and his and the committee's hindrance of the proposed finance committee was the last straw for me.

So, to finish I would urge the committee to listen to their collective conscience and RESIGN NOW. You might believe that you are serving the best interests of the club by staying but I think otherwise.
    You will probably be slated on here by Bella and others who cannot see the wood from the trees.

The situation is far worse now than anyone has been told, and it is just unacceptable for people to continue supporting a Chairman who has led this Club to its darkest hour.

Even now, the Chairman would rather mislead the members rather than be a Man and go.

There are many unanswered questions going around and it appears to be a sort of secret society between the Chairman and those in charge of running the Club House. We have had enough of this, and while there is time, and I stress there isn't much time left, I urge all serious members and supporters of Cobh Ramblers FC to do whatever they can to remove the Chairman and his buddies, and get some decent people in to save our club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The title of the thread is fairly obvious. I have stayed out of the online debate for a reason, I didn't want to see my beloved club spill its guts out in public but I now can stay quiet no longer.
    While many people will say we should put aside our differences for the good of the club I and others cannot simply give money to the club and watch it disappear into a black hole. I did donate money but on the strict understanding that the finance committee would have the say on where it went.
    Some say well who will run it? Well I say an interim committee with the broad support of the members should be established to see the club through to February 2009 when a new committee can be voted in.
    The days of 9 people running a club are over and I believe that sub-committees should be formed to oversee vital aspects of the club such as finance, fundraising, youth development etc. These can report to the main committee. The more people involved the better for the club.
    Many people fear that the club is now beyond saving, I disagree, there is enormous good will towards Ramblers both inside and outside the town but people will not get involved with the current regime, that may be a tragedy but it is the reality.
    and who would the interim committee be?, all that would happen would be that all the former committee members would come back and take over and that is not a good proposition for the club.
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

change needed...and fast part 2

when are we as a members club going to get up off our arses and help the club, speaking to city fans last night and looking at how they are reacting to their situation is fantastic, they are a credit to LOI football, what are we doing, f**k all
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6yardpunisha View Post
    and who would the interim committee be?, all that would happen would be that all the former committee members would come back and take over and that is not a good proposition for the club.
    Former committee members who walked on the club, something the current committee havent done too much pride in themselves. I got that confirmed last night by a family member of one of the committee.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    when are we as a members club going to get up off our arses and help the club, speaking to city fans last night and looking at how they are reacting to their situation is fantastic, they are a credit to LOI football, what are we doing, f**k all
    Exactly my thought, if people put their efforts into saving the club that they are into trying to get rid of the committee we might have some hope. Like Don Ramos post a good intention just shot down straight away

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    People are sceptical to give money to a club that can't seem to manage it.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post
    People are sceptical to give money to a club that can't seem to manage it.
    so we all just stand by and watch the club go down just because no one likes the chairman or the committee, people have an awful lot of growing up to do around the club(that remark not aimed at you R14)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    (that remark not aimed at you R14)
    but grow up r-14,

punishas right though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Well let me put it this way- would City fans have done as much if arkaga were still running the club after the debt of 1.3million was revealed? I doubt it very much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well ye are all fooked now cause I'm finally back!!!!

My thoughts for all those who haven't been visiting the better site! (it's where I'll be posting mostly from now on)

I think the whole lot have to go, the complete committee. I didn't think this a few months ago but I do now!
    There are none of them capable of running the club in the manner in which it should be. There are good people there but I just do not think the majority of them are capable of what is needed.
    As was stated already this has been going on from all the previous chairmen too, not one of them ran the club successfully. And what was it down to? The Constitution!
    They have free reign.
    When asked by the Aduitor to produce a budget for the year he received a single sheet of paper with a few figures on it!
    No wonder the debt cannot be determined and we have gotten into the state we are, on the brink of colapse. I fear we will not make it to the end of the season, things have gone too far.
    As for who can do a better job. There are plenty of well educated determined buisnessmen in the club that would love to go in and turn things around. Who says we need a Chairman. We need a committee with democratic control! Radical thinking!
    I believe 100% that the club can be turned round and made debt free within the next 3-4 years by allowing those with the knowledge and experience of running a buisness in. Budgeting, road maps, proceedures, structure, teams, mission statement, goals, objectives, commitments, strageies, priorities, purpose, accountability........................What if any of these are being conducted at present? F all I bet yet they are all critical buisness elements!
    This has to happen straight away, If we have to wait until the AGM to vote in a whole new committee and replace the consititution then I'm afraid we probably won't even get that far, the chains will be on the gate.
    Division 1 Champions 2007
    Bring on the City derbies!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    That wasn't what i had in mind when I said an interim committee, I reckon there are a lot of respectable decent people around the club who will come together for the betterment of the club but will not do so under this regime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    I agree with most of what you say but as i stated when I started the thread the days of 9 people running a club and no-one else are surely over. I agree that business people should be approached but I guess they would be appalled at how this once great club is being run, the situation can be turned around but people have to ask themselves do they want the club to survive or are the going to let personalities cloud their judgement?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There are some good decent knowledgable people in the club who would be willing to step up to the mark and put in the hard work that is required.
    The full committee has togo IMO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree with most of what you say but as i stated when I started the thread the days of 9 people running a club and no-one else are surely over. I agree that business people should be approached but I guess they would be appalled at how this once great club is being run, the situation can be turned around but people have to ask themselves do they want the club to survive or are the going to let personalities cloud their judgement?
    I'm all in favour if sub committes also, the business people I had in mind are all members.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    you need someone to take it off the members, and have a vested interest in running the club, cause honestly what do the commitee have to lose, they dont have anything invested in the club, time thats about it, they get paid for there services on match day (some anyway im unsure of how it works),

there is no investment on cobh ramblers, noone has any substantial money invested in the club to care about the day to day running of the club,

you need a businessman to come along, and say to the members im willing to take control of the club, but wish for you the members to relinquis control to allow me to run thsi club sucessfully, and make it self sustaining, which it should be,

i for one wouldnt care as long as the assets were protected in a way that the pitch will be used for soccer only and noting else,
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Well let me put it this way- would City fans have done as much if arkaga were still running the club after the debt of 1.3million was revealed? I doubt it very much.
    Eh they were.....until the examiner took over. And yes we were

And they still own it atm.

I can see your point, I felt the same but if its a choice of not being sure what will happen if you hand over money or definitely not having a club I know what Id choose

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Why don't you take note of what city are doing.. I have kept saying this over the last few weeks still your all moaning the chairman, the commette and still your fans are doing nothing. If the examiner comes in lads he will sell your assets or sell to someone who will take over the club. Then where will you be no club no team and still no money And i suppose you will be still asking for a new commette. If you do not get money into your club fast l will repeat myself to tell you your assets will be sold off. But at least you will have your footie web pager to moan about.
    the sub

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast