Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Gavin Bazunu G Southampton b.2002

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Three clean sheets in his last four games now.

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Three clean sheets in his last four games now.
    And under some of the most immense pressure the game can offer.

Meanwhile in other news Kelleher has hurt himself doing nothing again, Pineapple, did you see ?
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Yep, Kelleher's injury record is rivalling Ryan Giggs' at this stage unfortunately. You can tell there's an international break coming up.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Good game today. Best I’ve seen him with Southampton. Two excellent saves and confident throughout

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,359 Posts
    Getting a clean sheet in Old Trafford is a big boost to the lad. Great for him.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

7. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    570 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Yep, Kelleher's injury record is rivalling Ryan Giggs' at this stage unfortunately. You can tell there's an international break coming up.
    You'd think that Liverpool would actually want the chance of him playing a game ! ! !

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    872 Posts
    Does Kelleher have a strained ar$e cheek from sitting on bench. It's a long grueling season

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Are you saying Kelleher doesn't love the Eire sufficiently ?
    Is that where we are now at ?
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Great to see Bazunu finding a bit of form.

Sad to see Kelleher injured again. How does he keep getting injured as a back up keeper with some of the best medical staff and coaches in world football around him? How is he going to handle playing regularly?

Bazunu is back as my #1 choice regardless but it would have been nice to have Kelleher as an option and maybe have another look for a half against Latvia. As it stands Bazunu should play every minute of both games.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    572 Posts
    In fairness, Kelleher has only missed two camps - March 2021 (the one where Bazunu got his place first), and September 2022. Bazunu has also missed two (March 2022 and June 2022), Bazunu missing 6 games compared to Kelleher's 5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Really? Feels like more. I guess I'm adding in the Cup games he's missed with Liverpool. They take on extra significance when it's all he gets. Fairly sure he's had some injuries around then anyway.

(The Ryan Giggs comparison was a bit unfair on my part! Wasn't it Liverpool or Man Utd in the past (80s maybe) who'd have their Irish players injured for international breaks where possible, and back in league action at the weekend? Or am I gone totally mad?)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Bazunu cements his place as our number one. He's recovered well from a few patchy moments at his club. Even without Kellehers injury, I think there wasn't much question about who'd be starting for us. Not sure why there was so much chatter about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    bazunu was touch and go to be no1 according to posters here on friday now after his first very good game in weeks hes a cert. do people realise how ridiculous all of this sounds?

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    there were only one or two posters that legitimately thought he was touch and go.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    And I suppose Boomers, who says he's a cert, has never been one to not have faith in his own opinion, so not entirely a fair comparison.

But I think there is a point there though - he's had two very good games lately (Chelsea and Man Utd) and he'll get hyped up, but in the other games in his last four, he's made three very bad errors, one of which did cost his side a goal and the other two of which arguably should have, and they've been quietly forgotten.

There's confirmation bias on both sides of course. Both sides - and I've said before that I don't recall a divide like Kelleher/Bazunu before really - will see what suits their argument and run with it*. The reality is in the middle somewhere; one swallow doesn't make a summer and so on.

Hopefully the very good games start becoming more numerous though.

* - I saw someone over in the Shelbyville that is YBIG post a table that claimed he was statistically the third best keeper in the league earlier in the season, and wouldn't back down from that view even when it was pointed out the table was sorted in alphabetical order!

20. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Look Stu. I'm not arguing with you or anyone else on this site. I'm just explaining why I'm right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    And I suppose Boomers, who says he's a cert, has never been one to not have faith in his own opinion, so not entirely a fair comparison.

But I think there is a point there though - he's had two very good games lately (Chelsea and Man Utd) and he'll get hyped up, but in the other games in his last four, he's made three very bad errors, one of which did cost his side a goal and the other two of which arguably should have, and they've been quietly forgotten.

There's confirmation bias on both sides of course. Both sides - and I've said before that I don't recall a divide like Kelleher/Bazunu before really - will see what suits their argument and run with it*. The reality is in the middle somewhere; one swallow doesn't make a summer and so on.

Hopefully the very good games start becoming more numerous though.

* - I saw someone over in the Shelbyville that is YBIG post a table that claimed he was statistically the third best keeper in the league earlier in the season, and wouldn't back down from that view even when it was pointed out the table was sorted in alphabetical order!
    I'm kind of proud of the fact that i have only ever visited YBIG once or twice and that was years ago now at this stage. Enough to turn me off completely. This is far and away the best forum for discussion...

But i digress... the only point i was making was to Jd's post which seemed to suggest that there was a groundswell against GB before the weekend among this group and it just isnt the case. There are only one or two that suggested he would be second to CK at this point. I'll go back to one of your earlier points, neither one are in an ideal situation - but - the jersey belongs to GB and it would take a big change in circumstances for CK in order for him to dislodge him based on all of the evidence before us (I recognize you don't agree with that).

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Put the two of them together and you get (a) GoalKeeper.

I think JD was referring to stu actually. But stu used it to suit his argument.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I'm kind of proud of the fact that i have only ever visited YBIG once or twice and that was years ago now at this stage. Enough to turn me off completely. This is far and away the best forum for discussion...

But i digress... the only point i was making was to Jd's post which seemed to suggest that there was a groundswell against GB before the weekend among this group and it just isnt the case. There are only one or two that suggested he would be second to CK at this point.
    There was maybe more people thinking that it wasn't completely open and shut than in recent months, which certainly isn't a groundswell against him alright.

YBIG kind of feels like the English Premier League fans' Ireland forum. It split from here back in the day, didn't it? First item on any Irish organisation's agenda - the split...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    YBIG kind of feels like the English Premier League fans' Ireland forum.
    Hadn't thought of it like this before but that's bang on. The posters there mostly just believe whatever they want to be true. Just like how fanatical Liverpool/United do when you talk to them.

Anyways, just saw the highlights of the game at the weekend. The first time I can remember this season of him looking like the player we know from Ireland games. There has been some luck involved but hopefully the recent clean sheets will give him confidence and the whole team can kick on. The bottom of the epl table is so close that a decent run of form could see them 12th.

Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast