Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: London/Brighton

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

London/Brighton

Havent seen a London thread,im looking at mid-week Carling Cup games for late Aug. QPR West Ham and Brighton(im flying to Gatwick) are playing at home.What else is there to do different?Ive been to London and ive done the tourist things before.Im looking for something different eg.theme parks,different sporting events and any suggestions welcome
    RIP JOHNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Brighton is a dive...bit outside Laaandan anyway...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Brighton's about the same distance from Gatwick as London is. You'd have to go to one or the other(Brighton or London) really unless ya want to spend a fair bit on public transport.

As for theme parks around London, Chessington(12miles from London) and Thorpe Park(20 miles), none in centre of London but I'd say transport would take you there handy enough. There's a legoland in Windsor too I think, more for young kids afaik.
    Last edited by sligoman; 18/08/2008 at 11:48 AM.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ya its one or the other,not going for long
    RIP JOHNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Brighton's great, a really nice seaside town with good bars & places to eat/go out, it's been a couple of years since I was there but Kemp Town was a nice part of town
    www.visitbrighton.com will give you plenty of ideas.

If you're keen to go to some sports then go to London, from Gatwick you should get the train to Victoria, there's normally some deals availible for rooms, try laterooms or lastminute.com I usually manage to get a deal of some kind.
    Once in London there's the usual array of football grounds or for Rugby if you happen to be there for the weekend you could try Harlequins at the Stoop or Saracens at Watford (Season doesn't start until September 6th and there is the annual double header at Twickenham involving London Irish v Wasps & Quins v Saracens)
    Otherwise Wimbledon Dogs is a good night out, Windosr has racing on a Monday night during the Summer months, other tracks local to London are Ascot, Epsom, Lingfield & Sandown Park.
    As a wild stab in the dark if you are interested the Cricket season is coming to a climax, England play 2 x One dayers against the Proteas at the end of August but tickets may be hard to come by.
    Last stab in the dark, the Tour of Britain road race starts in London on the 7th of September, it's no Tour de France though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by endabob1 View Post
    Last stab in the dark, the Tour of Britain road race starts in London on the 7th of September, it's no Tour de France though.
    Unfortunate choice of phrase with all the stabbings happening here at the moment. I reckon you should head over to the dog racing at Walthamstow. The stadium is closing down very soon, a chance to see it for the only time. the town itself is a dive though and the stadium is the only thing going for it.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by endabob1 View Post
    Brighton's great, a really nice seaside town with good bars & places to eat/go out, it's been a couple of years since I was there but Kemp Town was a nice part of town
    www.visitbrighton.com will give you plenty of ideas.

If you're keen to go to some sports then go to London, from Gatwick you should get the train to Victoria, there's normally some deals availible for rooms, try laterooms or lastminute.com I usually manage to get a deal of some kind.
    Once in London there's the usual array of football grounds or for Rugby if you happen to be there for the weekend you could try Harlequins at the Stoop or Saracens at Watford (Season doesn't start until September 6th and there is the annual double header at Twickenham involving London Irish v Wasps & Quins v Saracens)
    Otherwise Wimbledon Dogs is a good night out, Windosr has racing on a Monday night during the Summer months, other tracks local to London are Ascot, Epsom, Lingfield & Sandown Park.
    As a wild stab in the dark if you are interested the Cricket season is coming to a climax, England play 2 x One dayers against the Proteas at the end of August but tickets may be hard to come by.
    Alot of info there,I am intrested in rugby and cricket but I have to be back for the 28th of Aug.Thanks again
    RIP JOHNNY

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauro 76 View Post
    Unfortunate choice of phrase with all the stabbings happening here at the moment. I reckon you should head over to the dog racing at Walthamstow. The stadium is closing down very soon, a chance to see it for the only time. the town itself is a dive though and the stadium is the only thing going for it.
    id say you could get there with not much on at this stage, considering it closed last weekend......
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauro 76 View Post
    You've missed the boat....last weekend was the final meeting!
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    i never knew of your parrot-like qualities hornet!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sligo Hornet View Post
    You've missed the boat....last weekend was the final meeting!
    Was away that weekend so missed the hype on it closing down .. hope they don't demolish the place. They probably will though sadly. Wimbledon, Romford and Crayford the only dog racing places left in London, a sad decline.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any suggestions on anything to do Mon-Wed?
    RIP JOHNNY