Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B.O.R.S.T Fundraiser - 1

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

B.O.R.S.T Fundraiser - 1

The Bit O Red Supporters Trust will be holding a fundraising race night in Cahenys on Sunday August 3rd. We hope to raise enough to allow supporters be involved in one and hopefully 2 of the syndicates being organised by Vincent Nally.All moneys raised will be used to assist the club out of this financial crisis.To sponsor a race is €100 and to buy a horse & jockey is €20.

In the event of a Trut syndicate winning the prizes on offer ,anyone who sposnosrs a horse will be entered in a draw and we will draw a winner form horse sponsors

Final figures will be printed in local papers to let fans know exactly how much was raised and what it was spent on.

So if you know anyone who is unwilling to assist the club becasue it just seems to be one financial crisis after another and they may question where their money is going then hopefully this will provide them with a different avenue to assit their club.

Anyone interested can PM me or contact any of the lads in the Trust at game Saturday night.

We are also working on a longer term project where supporters can assist the club through backing a trust initiative that will help take some of the burden of some annual running costs.

I will give full details when we finanlise all the necessary arrangements.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lads what the Trust is trying, or will be soon, to do is to aim and get 1,000 fans from wherver they live in Ireland or the world to donate a minimum of €2 a week direct debit to a trust account.ALL money will be used to assist the club.Now this may be for paying a years travel expences, pre seaon expences whatever we can do to take a bill away from the club so it will free up resources for the club.

This is a very small amount to pay and does not excluyde any fans by asking for €100s of Euros.Works out at about 28cent a day.Be very surprised if we cannot achieve this.

If this target is reached the supporters will directly contribute €2000 a week,€8000 a month and a total of €96,000 a year.

Each contributor will become a TRUST member automatically.

This would almost cover the 200 extra fans we need to break even each week, so we were told,does not exclude anyone finacially who simply could not afford the 400 club or other big money schemes

Supporetrs would have total cotrol over their finances, they could even become shirt sponsors whatever they want to do.

And if any one is has any worries about the money, the Trusst accounts are audited every year and MUST pass ICOS regulations, cheques are co-signed by 2 signatures and we never pay Cash as it is not traceable.

I am working on the details so please when it starts up, if supporetrs are interested, try your best to suppport it

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akearins View Post
    Lads what the Trust is trying, or will be soon, to do is to aim and get 1,000 fans from wherver they live in Ireland or the world to donate a minimum of €2 a week direct debit to a trust account.ALL money will be used to assist the club.Now this may be for paying a years travel expences, pre seaon expences whatever we can do to take a bill away from the club so it will free up resources for the club.

This is a very small amount to pay and does not excluyde any fans by asking for €100s of Euros.Works out at about 28cent a day.Be very surprised if we cannot achieve this.

If this target is reached the supporters will directly contribute €2000 a week,€8000 a month and a total of €96,000 a year.

This would almost cover the 200 extra fans we need to break even each week, so we were told,does not exclude anyone finacially who simply could not afford the 400 club or other big money schemes

Supporetrs would have total cotrol over their finances, they could even become shirt sponsors whatever they want to do.

And if any one is has any worries about the money, the Trusst accounts are audited every year and MUST pass ICOS regulations, cheques are co-signed by 2 signatures and we never pay Cash as it is not traceable.

I am working on the details so please when it starts up, if supporetrs are interested, try your best to suppport it
    Brilliant idea, hopefully their will be 1000 people to sign up but im sure a few people may even be able to double up the €2 to €4 if that doesn't complicate things. great initiative and hopefully this gets going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Yes,I think its a great idea.The simple ideas are often the best.It's definitely achieveable but would need to be advertised well.

Oh and btw it works out at 104000euro a year!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    good idea alan. i think membership of the club should use a similar model rather than a once off payment of 635. i'd be willing to pay 100/month to be a member and i'm sure we could get at least 100 more who would make that commitment then hopefully the club could put together a package to make people feel valued as a member(free season ticket, home jersey, discount on use of all-weather, etc.)
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by celticV3 View Post
    Brilliant idea, hopefully their will be 1000 people to sign up but im sure a few people may even be able to double up the €2 to €4 if that doesn't complicate things. great initiative and hopefully this gets going.
    The plan I think is that people will donate between £2 and £5 per week, whatever they want. Its a simple idea and a brilliant one.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile syndicates v nally

alan what syndicates is v . nally organising. i'm a bit confused because he is not involved in the organising of the e 1000 syndicate. can you explain to a stupid red arrow !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Brilliant idea. Other clubs take note.
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    DFC Trust Run the "Patron Scheme",

Its pretty much the same idea and contributes towards the players weekly wage, Gill himself has commented to the media that this scheme is extremly helpful towards the club.

Heres the Trust website if your intrested. http://dfctrust.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    DFC Trust Run the "Patron Scheme",

Its pretty much the same idea and contributes towards the players weekly wage, Gill himself has commented to the media that this scheme is extremly helpful towards the club.

Heres the Trust website if your intrested. http://dfctrust.com/
    Your scheme does'nt appear to generate enough money to keep the domain name registered

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Still, it could be helpful for removing rust stains around the Showgrounds.
    "Even if the wind stops to blow
    Even if the sea ceases to flow
    Even if the sun ceases to rise
    The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning star glittering in the sky."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Fine idea, does this mean that there would be some type of voting or something to decide how the funds ars allocated.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Superb idea really is, and for €2 Euro a week it is nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This is an excellent idea and I think that you could make it more attractive to the greater masses by incorporating an annual raffle, 1000 Rovers fans will have no problems contributing to this and there reward will be the feel good factor associated with helping our beloved.
    However you can make it more attractive to my nanny and great aunt fanny by affording them the opportunity to win a prize, say €500, any hardcore fans could return it, additional contributors could keep it, either way it could increase your potential income by 50% minus €500!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post

Fine idea, does this mean that there would be some type of voting or something to decide how the funds ars allocated.
    I don't see the need for that, not that it would be a big issue or anything.

The funds would cover some club expenses, therefore freeing up money for elsewhere. Makes no difference what its put towards.

In regards to another post I believe there are raffles/different incentives being planned, but no firm details on anything.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Because alot of older fans wouldnt be on this forum,the should be a table or something like that set up just inside the gate for this idea or the 130k syndicate idea
    RIP JOHNNY

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redtildead View Post
    I don't see the need for that, not that it would be a big issue or anything.

The funds would cover some club expenses, therefore freeing up money for elsewhere. Makes no difference what its put towards.

In regards to another post I believe there are raffles/different incentives being planned, but no firm details on anything.
    i dont see a need for it either, it was just somtin i taught of when i read it first
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Brilliant and easily participatable idea from the ST , fair play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree with som eof the posters up there, the idea is so simple it is genius but i don't think we should take money away from the club either i.e. if they can get a shirt sponsor be it whatever or whoever then there would be no need to give money towards it should be there to cover expenses such as travel etc

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Should be a great night in Caheny's. Not sure exactly what time yet but with the game being at 3 and it being a bank holiday the next day then we're hoping people are in generous mood. Great response so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast