Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: North Tipp & District League 2008/09

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by celticlads View Post
    think most of the posters here really under estimated what turned out to be a very good nenagh celtic team. jesus its great when you prove everyone wrong. we will add a bit next year to our panel and really kick on because the feeling in the club is that WE WANT OUR TROPHY BACK
    I would say ya had a few in ya when ya posted there celticlads !!
    Dont think no one said ye had not a good team.. ye won 2 cups on pens so dont go too mad .. Twas a great end of the season for ye all right..

Just a quick question : We got to the shield final this year and got nothing for it... as in runners up placks / Medals.. Is this a new thing or are the north tipp focusing on the recession a bit too much..

I always remember getting something for getting to the final ??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. man View Post
    Dont think no one said ye had not a good team.. ye won 2 cups on pens so dont go too mad .. Twas a great end of the season for ye all right..

Just a quick question : We got to the shield final this year and got nothing for it... as in runners up placks / Medals.. Is this a new thing or are the north tipp focusing on the recession a bit too much..

sorry to disappoint you mr man but i dont drink.. and i think you will find that if you go back over the posts that when people were talking about teams winning things that we were never mentioned, especially after we got bet 6-2 in our first match against town. it was that game that really got us to take a look at ourselves. the carry on of some of their supporters that day and one inparticular ( everyone knows who this is) really got our lads going so in a funny way we owe our success to nenagh town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

there have never been any runners up medals for the shield competitions. is for the rest!!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Something has to be done with the second division all right.. Its way too big but the answer is prob not to put 12 in the first either.. i dont know.. Why was it made so big in the first place ?? What was wrong with the way it was a couple of years ago.

The insurance is a good thing and all clubs should have it even though it was not compulsary for our club last season.. they left it up to each individual..

As regards Ger kennedy.. ya he did a great job.. cant be easy and it must be very time consuming every weekend.. Great Job !!
    On the insurance issue, Sallypark have had compulsary insurance since the start of the club aswell, i didnt realise it was even voluntary to be honest i assumed it was a prerequisite to joining the league!! It is a hefty expenditure thought could this see the end of some clubs scraping by at the bottom of Division 2??

On Division 2, i believe there was a number of teams saying they wouldnt enter if the league was kept in the same format. I believe Kilcommon B & Latteragh Celtic being two i heard about.

There are 3 ways to look at it I guess, either 1 let the teams crowing for a divison 3 disband...therefore gaining less matches in division 2, do a scotland premier league on it as daz suggested, or put in a division 3.

I think having a division 3 would be going backwards. It was only gotten rid of last year!!

2 years ago there was 7 teams in division 3, everyone played each other three times = 21 games. Last season was only 7 more games. So I would say perhaps promote say 3 or 4 to division 1 this season coming with only two coming down. That would even out the leagues a bit more.

From our view I would be very dissapointed if our B team was back down in divison 3 next year. Last year there were a lot of competitive teams in division 2 and there was a big fight for positions, if there was a two tier system like daz said in the second half of the season it would make the games even better as everyone would want to be in the top half..and then you are playing the teams around you so each game would be uber competitive!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    only if the powers to be would listen and put the league division 2 as suggested.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyMan View Post
    On the insurance issue, Sallypark have had compulsary insurance since the start of the club aswell, i didnt realise it was even voluntary to be honest i assumed it was a prerequisite to joining the league!! It is a hefty expenditure thought could this see the end of some clubs scraping by at the bottom of Division 2??

On Division 2, i believe there was a number of teams saying they wouldnt enter if the league was kept in the same format. I believe Kilcommon B & Latteragh Celtic being two i heard about.

There are 3 ways to look at it I guess, either 1 let the teams crowing for a divison 3 disband...therefore gaining less matches in division 2, do a scotland premier league on it as daz suggested, or put in a division 3.

I think having a division 3 would be going backwards. It was only gotten rid of last year!!

2 years ago there was 7 teams in division 3, everyone played each other three times = 21 games. Last season was only 7 more games. So I would say perhaps promote say 3 or 4 to division 1 this season coming with only two coming down. That would even out the leagues a bit more.

From our view I would be very dissapointed if our B team was back down in divison 3 next year. Last year there were a lot of competitive teams in division 2 and there was a big fight for positions, if there was a two tier system like daz said in the second half of the season it would make the games even better as everyone would want to be in the top half..and then you are playing the teams around you so each game would be uber competitive!
    I think the insurance issue will solve the numbers issue, I dont think "promoting" more teams into the 1st Division will do anything to help improve playing standards but having fewers teams chasing a larger pool of players will.
    Newtown Celtic FC RIP (1992-2007)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bawn79 View Post
    I think the insurance issue will solve the numbers issue, I dont think "promoting" more teams into the 1st Division will do anything to help improve playing standards but having fewers teams chasing a larger pool of players will.
    my opinion is promoting teams is not the problem, it is the type of football been played which does not help the standard. Majority of teams play back to front football or kick the stitches out of the ball to put in a way without ****ing anyone off. only few teams try pass the ball and know how to.better football better performance. teams do nor try play football which is hindering the development of football.long ball football the winner is the one that makes the least mistakes that all.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I see two ways of improving the standard in North Tipp,1.Get clubs to play their best players in their A -Team rather than playing in the lower leagues with the B-Team and 2.Less clubs as there is too many that dont challange for honours any year.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by daz22 View Post
    my opinion is promoting teams is not the problem, it is the type of football been played which does not help the standard. Majority of teams play back to front football or kick the stitches out of the ball to put in a way without ****ing anyone off. only few teams try pass the ball and know how to.better football better performance. teams do nor try play football which is hindering the development of football.long ball football the winner is the one that makes the least mistakes that all.
    "Know how to" is the key,

I think what you are saying is kinda like "They don't have bread, let them eat cake"!

We had a few lads playing for us that never had played any competitive soccer before in their life.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "Know how to" is the key,

I think what you are saying is kinda like "They don't have bread, let them eat cake"!

We had a few lads playing for us that never had played any competitive soccer before in their life.

The fact that you havent played competitive soccer before doesnt mean that warrants booting the ball unneccesarily.

Im afraid having a brain whilst playing football in Division 2, and sometimes in Division 1 is actually a detriment to your chances of playing in the first team.

On the promoting more teams to Division 1. I dont think this would have a bad effect on the Division 1 standard at all. Teams like Kilcommon A actually wouldnt be lost in Division 2 if their teams performances last season is anything to go by. There were some good teams in Division 2 last year who actually wanted to play passing football, Holycross & Moneygall B being examples there.

A lad could pick out 10 or 15 simple passes in a game by looking up and simply finding someone...but lose the ball just once and he gets berated by his teammates and told to just "hoof it".

This was the case in Sallypark a year or two ago but weve got a good crop of lads who actually want to try and play football at the moment, and hopefully with an underage structure in place we can teach players from an early age to use the time and space given to them.

Also another reason teams dont play passing football is the state of the pitches especially in winter. How many times have you went to pitches where the grass was either too long or puddles littered through the field, its too hard to play passing football on these surfaces as the ball runs into a puddle half way or the long grass slows it down considerably.

I think, get rid of about 5- 6 teams. Do this by the insurance issue and also enforce the upkeep of pitches. There is no excuse for not having the pitch lined and cut regularly and properly.
    Last edited by SallyMan; 25/06/2009 at 9:03 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    [quote=SallyMan;1183127]The fact that you havent played competitive soccer before doesnt mean that warrants booting the ball unneccesarily.

Im afraid having a brain whilst playing football in Division 2, and sometimes in Division 1 is actually a detriment to your chances of playing in the first team.

On the promoting more teams to Division 1. I dont think this would have a bad effect on the Division 1 standard at all.
    Make no mistake about it sallyman,its not only the 1st and 2nd divisions that have this problem.Only a handfull of the premier teams try to play football and for the rest its back to front as quick as possible.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    We are having 7 a side pub soccer again this year.
    Details below, we have info gone out to all the pubs in Nenagh and surrounding area.
    If anyone is interested give me PM and I will get a squad list out to you.

BALLYMACKEY F.C PUB SEVENS
    12th TO 19th JULY IN BALLINREE NATIONAL SCHOOL

A Seperate OVER 35's Tournament
    Entry Fee €100 per team (either tournament)
    1st prize ; Perpetual shield for Pub and Individual trophies for players.

RULES
    Squad consists of 10 players only
    7 to Play at any one time
    Unlimited substitutions
    No more than 5 N.T.D.L Premier players (season 08/09) per squad
    All players must be over 17. No schoolboys allowed for safety reasons.
    Teamsheet submitted on initial group night CANNOT BE ALTERED FOR FINALS
    Any player sent off is suspended for remainder of tournament (incl finals)
    Tournament has been sanctioned by NTDL & MFA ; Any suspensions will carry forward

FORMAT
    All matches 2 X 15 min halves
    All group games played on one night. (3 matches each)
    Squads List must be returned with €100 entry fee no later than Thursday 9th July.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617