Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Advice

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Advice

Could any one help ?? I play in the mayo womens soccer league and some of our young players on our team have been told by a Senior MAYO Commitee member to leave our club and join a club where you might win something.The players are very upset and confused.I could not believe that a commitee member could say such a thing to players.what can our club do or any club on this matter.Any advice!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What would be the reason for a committee member to make such a remark? Are ye a senior team that yer younger players wouldn't get a game with first team? Or would ye not be in the top 3 of clubs up in Mayo?

Whatever the reason, in my opinion it is a disgraceful comment to make. Such a remark will make better players go to more successful clubs which in turn will make a select few clubs untouchable and others struggling. All you can do is keep plugging away, hold onto every player possible and never give up, success will follow.

Also would this committee member also have another motive...such as laying the doubt in yer players minds to join his club maybe??!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pool 7 View Post
    Could any one help ?? I play in the mayo womens soccer league and some of our young players on our team have been told by a Senior MAYO Commitee member to leave our club and join a club where you might win something.The players are very upset and confused.I could not believe that a commitee member could say such a thing to players.what can our club do or any club on this matter.Any advice!!!

Having been very involved in a prominent Dublin club with a large girls section we had far too many players but rather than suggest any leave we formed 3 teams at the same under age group.

I also remember a heated executive meeting with regard to poilcies for signing players. It was agreed as a local football club it was our responsibility to provide football for ALL boys and girls in the clubs catchment area no matter what level they were at. Given that we also wanted to win competitions, it was decided we should only sign talented players from outside our catchment area where possible BUT no kid should be refused football under any circumstances. (naturally subject to normal standards of behaviour etc)

What you need to do is to ascertain why this was said and in what context. Has the person involved no ambition for your club or does he / she think that the only way for the players to progress is to move to a bigger club.

Are other committee members aware of what was said, and is the committe member in question involved with your club or with the league?

Without a lot more information it is hard to decide if the words were spoke with good or bad intentions. There are a lot of very naive administrators out there. If you wish to PM more specific details I'll happily reply.
    Fair Play died Nov 18th 2009, Stade Francais.