My Laptop is just after keeling over, hope to be in a position to update the site tommorrow.

Thanks to the Longford Casual for the standard good quality report which I've pasted to the bottom of the post.

Remember, that if you want to send a contribution, the email address is flansiro.net@oxygen.ie.

The photograph idea is not dead yet, we have still to work out a few things and being the novices that we are it's taking a little longer than usual.

Cheers,
flansiro.net

For the second time in two home games Town annihilated a team to gain a single goal victory…

Town simply had so many chances to wrap this up as a comfortable victory it beggar’s belief that the score wasn’t at least 5 or 6. In fairness to Limerick they didn’t play bad football, but never really created much until the last 10 minutes when Town looked like they were already mentally in the web.

Barrett for Ireland is the song, and if he keeps up this kind of form he must be due call-ups – if only for the Under 21’s. At the back Dillon moved across to partner McGovern, and looked comfortable – no need to doubt the decision to release Foley and Silke on this performance. Prunty and Murph made up the rest, with Prunty again impressing despite the hair colour.

In midfield Vinny came in for Sheridan, and performed adequately. It was a relief not to have to put up with Sheridan’s moaning at the ref, bottling tackles etc., although it did appear that some sections of the crowd missed their venting spleen outlet. Vinny to retain his place (I hope) – he’s less conspicuous than Sheridan, but then how often do you notice Sheridan for the right reason? Pip, Byrne and Kirby made up the rest of midfield, with none being particularly outstanding but doing nothing wrong at the same time.

Up front it was Eric and Barrett. Barrett really is a class apart and must be kept at all costs. Eric did okay, but is obviously lacking confidence. He had two or three good chances that he should of scored. His bottling of a one on one was particularly galling. Barrett just couldn’t get the hatrick, despite some proverbial gilt-edged chances…

All in all an excellent performance, however I am getting slightly concerned that we’re not finishing teams. The game should have been well over, given the number of chances, before Limerick pulled one back. We’ve got away with it against two poor teams – we won’t be so lucky against the bigger teams. Great football being played all the same…

The Longford Casual