Thanked in
    367 Posts

Kidney confirmed as Ireland coach

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Deserves his chance as the stand out Irish candidate. No obviously better International options.

He may have been criticised for overly forward orientated game in the past but he picked style to suit players he had.

New manager at Munster will be no harm either as will shake things up a bit. IMO Bradley not good enough.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I'm hoping Bradley won't get the Munster position. The IRFU seem to be grooming him as he is one of their golden boys and he is well connected with the blazers at Lansdowne Road (Noel Murphy is his father-in-law), but the Munster branch seem to be quite independent, have a bit of cash and I reckon will go after a high profile name. There is no International vacancies around now-perhaps Jake White could be tempted with the right offer, or John Mitchell. I'd willingly settle for EOS ahead of Bradley ffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Says a lot about Eddie O Sullivan that the IRFU think he can be replaced by a single internal organ.
    Who is this guy, Trapper Tony?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    RTE

Leinster assistant coach David Knox has described the appointment of Declan Kidney as Irish Rugby coach, as 'a big mistake'.

The Munster people think he [Kidney] is a messiah but I just don't understand that.

'Munster get 30 points on the board by grinding away and when the other team is shot, they try and throw the ball around a bit. Then people say, what a great team. It's rubbish.

Knox is also critical of Ronan O'Gara. 'I have been here for 3 years and I have never seen him create space for anybody,' he claimed. Yet over here he ranks with Dan Carter as the best fly-half in the world, I have never heard such rubbish.'
    That Knox fella whoever he is just making a fool of himself. Talk about bitter.

Who knows if Kidney can transfer his club success to the International game but he certainly deserves a chance based on his record to date.

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Leinster have issued a release distancing themselves from Knox's remarks and calling him an ex-employee. From the way it's worded it gives the impression that Knox had already departed the role before he made the comments.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Yeah, heard the same on newstalk. An element of the truth in his remarks possibly, although considering it's the Leinster pack that's done the business this season maybe a bit rich.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    It's a well known fact in rugby circles as to why Knox is bitter. He was romantically involved with another senior figure at Leinster and it didn't work out, so he decided to go home to Australia. This is not speculation or gossip and I'm not prepared to go into detail. PM me if anyone wants more details. He took a lot of flak at the time when Munster crushed Leinster in the 2006 Heineken Semi, and he's probably letting off some steam. Quite pathetic really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He told a few home truths mixed in with a good dose of bitter lemon. More to come tomorrow apparently.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Student Mullet View Post
    He told a few home truths mixed in with a good dose of bitter lemon. More to come tomorrow apparently.
    Can't argue with some of the comments but really bitter the way he delivered them. The Indo article is 95% quotes so he can't say he was misquoted. Entertaining interview though.

Weather conditions dictate a lot of the style of play in Europe. Sure the All-Blacks play a Super 14 rugby 7 style but could not win the World Cup with it.

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    More of the same mix again today. Basically had a huge falling out with Brewer where it sounds like Brewer was in the right but again said some other things that were accurate.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberdonian Stu View Post
    Basically had a huge falling out with Brewer where it sounds like Brewer was in the right but again said some other things that were accurate.
    Hey Hey Hey.. Leave me outta this!