Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shams 3-5-08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Shams 3-5-08

what are yer thoughts on this on?i think we will get a good crowd at this one with our recent performances.i fancy us for a win.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by forza rovers View Post
    what are yer thoughts on this on?i think we will get a good crowd at this one with our recent performances.i fancy us for a win.
    If we had lost the last six matches, hadn't scored a goal in any of them and had conceded 30, there would still be a big crowd for the visit of our biggest enemy. This is our Old Firm game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Danny O'Connor sent off tonight, suspended for this game.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah I Fancy a win for us and I expect a big crowd for our Dublin rivals btw anyone know the score from tonight in st pats vs shams My TV reception is bad and so is the PC (sort of) and I can't get the score, also i know this is off topic but do those red and black balloons and posters got anything to do with the match because they say theres an invasion onMarch the 3rd and maybe its a little fun thing meaning theres a load of shams fans coming up
    Coleman for Ireland

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Pats won 1-0 Lynch
    RIP JOHNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligofan4ever View Post
    but do those red and black balloons and posters got anything to do with the match
    Where are they?

Posters will be going up tomorrow night by the Supporters Trust so if anyone's available to help then go to GPO tomorrow at 7pm.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    go up to North Sligo this week around grange and look out for them and these posters say stuff like the night of May 3rd there WILL be an invasion if you were listening to ocaean FM this afternoon you might have heard it
    Coleman for Ireland

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Half of Grange and all those areas will be at the game,their geting a section in the Tracey Ave stand aswell.Cliffoney-Grange FC that is
    RIP JOHNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    I heard a bit of that alright, Cliffoney-Grange are the local club invited this week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    I heard a bit of that alright, Cliffoney-Grange are the local club invited this week.
    yeah that Northern fella reporting seem to over do it saying "it would turn your blood cold" but I reckon its something to with the match but i could be wrong
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    This Week on Foot.ie - Sligo Rovers v Shamrock Rovers

Featuring:

MIDWEEK

* Shams fan surfaces on Sligo section - "You're not our rivals. We don't care about small clubs like you."
    * Young Bit o' Red fan responds with volley of mis-spelt abuse
    * Spotting potential weakness, Shams fan uses his other login - "You're named after us."
    * Sligo tyro fires back - "I know for an absolute fact that's wrong. I think I read it somewhere once".
    * Shams fan, enjoying exchange, inserts dig including the words "check" , "history" and "sonny". Takes mild, condescending offence at word "Shams", claiming it's only used in Sligo, despite it being common in Cork, Athlone and various other spots.

TOWARD THE WEEKEND

*Don't miss this week's Sun, with special extended whinge from Scully. Key points will include the words "fair play from refs", "terrible pitch", "physical" and "young players . . . bullied down there last season".
    * Sun hack loses tape of interview. When found, it's played backwards to reveal strange hidden messages "apenaltywouldbenoharmref" and "godImbuggeredifweloseagain".

MATCHDAY

* Dublin referee gives Shams penalty, sends off Danny Ventre for having put a brick in his handbag before wading into 22-player row.
    * Scully responds to Shams' 2-1 loss - "We played all the football. They never threatened. We deserved to win that game. We got no breaks. We ............" Confused RTE technician checks to see if he's got last year's tapes in by accident.
    "Even if the wind stops to blow
    Even if the sea ceases to flow
    Even if the sun ceases to rise
    The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning star glittering in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivesilver View Post

Featuring:

MIDWEEK

* Shams fan surfaces on Sligo section - "You're not our rivals. We don't care about small clubs like you."
    * Spotting potential weakness, Shams fan uses his other login - "You're named after us."
    * Sligo tyro fires back - "I know for an absolute fact that's wrong. I think I read it somewhere once".
    * Shams fan, enjoying exchange, inserts dig including the words "check" , "history" and "sonny". Takes mild, condescending offence at word "Shams", claiming it's only used in Sligo, despite it being common in Cork, Athlone and various other spots.

TOWARD THE WEEKEND

*Don't miss this week's Sun, with special extended whinge from Scully. Key points will include the words "fair play from refs", "terrible pitch", "physical" and "young players . . . bullied down there last season".
    * Sun hack loses tape of interview. When found, it's played backwards to reveal strange hidden messages "apenaltywouldbenoharmref" and "godImbuggeredifweloseagain".

MATCHDAY

* Dublin referee gives Shams penalty, sends off Danny Ventre for having put a brick in his handbag before wading into 22-player row.
    * Scully responds to Shams' 2-1 loss - "We played all the football. They never threatened. We deserved to win that game. We got no breaks. We ............" Confused RTE technician checks to see if he's got last year's tapes in by accident.
    Great post there, you should include a section for what'll happen here next week. A highly charged keyboard warrior debate about who's fans were louder, how many Shams fans were actually here and how many people were at the game in total. There will also be some minor incident (bit of banter between fans) blown way out of proportion. . . .
    "he tries his best.... but I was a proper player".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivesilver View Post

Featuring:

MIDWEEK

TOWARD THE WEEKEND

MATCHDAY

POTM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonalE View Post
    you should include a section for what'll happen here next week
    I would have, but I was busy listening to the Sun tape again. Interestingly, the bit where Scully says "I hope the ref has the courage to protect our young lads", played backwards, sounds something like "Jaysusyou'renotthinkingofgivingmyjobtoSeanConnor? "
    "Even if the wind stops to blow
    Even if the sea ceases to flow
    Even if the sun ceases to rise
    The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning star glittering in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avvenalaf View Post
    there would still be a big crowd for the visit of our biggest enemy. This is our Old Firm game.
    For the older generation maybe,
    as for the fans I know, a total exageration.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Real Rover View Post
    For the older generation maybe,
    as for the fans I know, a total exageration.
    Don'y judge people by there age to know that Shamrock Rovers are like our old Firm not just the "older fans" would know that there somewhat of a rival to us
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Don'y judge people by there age to know that Shamrock Rovers are like our old Firm not just the "older fans" would know that there somewhat of a rival to us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biscuit View Post
    sorry I was typing fast what I mean is people believe that only older fans would know that Shamrock Rovers would be dublin rivals for us but im a younger fan and i know well that Shamrock Rovers are our rivals so don't say that all the younger fans wouldn't think this is a big match for us
    Coleman for Ireland

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    sorry I was typing fast what I mean is people believe that only older fans would know that Shamrock Rovers would be dublin rivals for us but im a younger fan and i know well that Shamrock Rovers are our rivals so don't say that all the younger fans wouldn't think this is a big match for us
    Good man. You're obviously in for the long haul.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avvenalaf View Post
    Good man. You're obviously in for the long haul.
    WHATS Haul ? (Never heard the word )
    Coleman for Ireland

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast