Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Half time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Half time

2-0 down. We were 1 down after 90 seconds.

Does Jeff Kenna get to review the contract after 1 match? He might want to.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Your back in it lads.....

2 all

i was listening to Kenna on i102-104 today.

He doen't talk a good game....HUGE gamble I think.
    Whats that comin' over the hill

It's the Monster,

The Cookie Monster!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

3-2.

2 poor goals given away,Mc.Cullough and O'Shea were brutal.The Ref was unreal,Bray took the pi** so many times with delaying of goal kicks etc and he let them away with it.And the free given that they scored the winner from was a joke.We were so poor in the first half,jeff was probably thinking "if i fake a heart-attack ill get to leave on health grounds".Bit more fight in us in the 2nd half but we were still clueless going forward.
    2 kids kicked out tonight,there was a group over by Section A who were not efven looking at the game,just kept screaming and chatting loudly all night and security just stood and watch as 2 of them fought.One lad was kicked out for throwing something at a steward i think.
    Where was Tommy.S tonight,i wonder can Gufct fill us in on that..He'd have F**ked the kids out before halftime.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Meant to add.

Meant to add,drop Rodgers,Priority in July is a striker,a keeper and a right full.Wish i could go out get pi**ed tonight to forget this game but gotta study,sigh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    At home with the flu listening to mike raffs brutal commentary. They actually missed the penalty were previewing the GAA and then went for a break.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eamo1 View Post
    Meant to add,drop Rodgers,Priority in July is a striker,a keeper and a right full.Wish i could go out get pi**ed tonight to forget this game but gotta study,sigh.
    Add 2 centre halfs to that list, every the ball came in the box we looked like conceeding...huge improvement in the second half...on another day!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    deegan had great chance to get utd up 3-2 before Bray got the winner. Thought the officials were just hillariously bad, how many times did bray timewaste and no yellow card yet fitzy throws the ball 5 yards and gets cautioned. Completly inconsistant. Jeff must have given a fair lashin` at half time DOB played great at the beginning of the 2nd half but lost it as the game progresses. Its looking up though as soon as we get sorted at the back!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Not looking that much up.

Yes when we get things sorted at the back it will be better but the midfield needs huge improvement too,badly missing Russell the last few weeks.Jeff now knows the size of the task at hand.Bray werent great though and they are now mid table so if we do improve by a fair bit theres no reason we cant beat the drop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question line up?

what was the line up? did leech play??
    allez Galway faut pas baisser les bras!! et salut Hendo je vois que tu fais du bon boulot avec cobh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Team was
    Rogers
    Regi Fitz Lester Marc
    Jayo, Deegan, Fenn, O'Brien
    O'Flynn, Faherty.
    Now, the ones that actually 'played' as opposed as just being on the pitch were O'Flynn and, er, am, ah, well, that's it.
    Things are NOT looking up. We should have lost by more, yet again we made a poor team look good, could, and should, have been at least 5-2 to Bray, the number of chances they missed were unreal and McCulloch cleared off the line twice. We need couple of centre backs, right back, right winger, central midfielder and striker. Sort those 6 positions out and we'll be flyng it
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by looping View Post
    what was the line up? did leech play??
    Looping.........no you can't have his place in the squad
    (and before i get attacked....this is a joke .....only some Galway humour!!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Defending was abysmal - lots count of the number of free headers they had from set pieces.
    Apart from the 50 second cameo at the start of the 2nd half DOB was useless - same out tunnel vision.
    On the other side Jay O Shea might as well have had his old green and white jersey on.
    I was shocked at how poor we were 1st half, especially considering they should have been going balls out to impress the new boss. No composure, no confidence, belief, like a pub team.
    And when was the last time a GUFC midfielder won the ball with a crunching tackle?

I take the points on the ref and the lino on the old stand side - but we have deeper problems that a ref letting them away with time wasting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I think we learned today that marc is a first division player and the fitz is no captain.
    I was delighted with Leech when he came on. He always seemed to be looking for the ball all the time and ran after everything. The kick up the ass did him a world of good i hope he keeps it up. I was delighted for Vinny (or Ger flaherty as today fm called him during the sports at 10pm)( or Derek o brien as jimmy norman called him during the match) anyway which ever flaherty scored well done i hope there are many more to follow.

However the bad news is we are doomed If we cant beat a bunch of poor part timers like that what hope have we got. Tc has a lot to answer for leaving our club in the shape he did.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Galway United v Bray Wanderers highlights

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=vDsKaLGrWnM

Click "watch in high quality" it's right beside the views counter.
    Last edited by gufcfan; 26/04/2008 at 2:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Looping.........no you can't have his place in the squad:
    (and before i get attacked....this is a joke .....only some Galway humour!!)

don 't worry i don 't want his place but it s just that his name wasn't mentioned so i wondered if he d played... but now i m wondering what a disaster it could be at the end of the year if galway is going down i mean financially the fact that it s a full time set up it could be the big fall and u don t stand up and come back before years into the premier division after that ...
    allez Galway faut pas baisser les bras!! et salut Hendo je vois que tu fais du bon boulot avec cobh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    showed some fight in the 2nd half anyway( i didnt see the first) but defence looked like deer caught in headlights, looked awful nervous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think Jeff will have sorted out the defense by next week. I think he'll look at the tape and know how to sort it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    agreed, the defense is what he is concentrating on and will know what has to be done over the coming weeks. Strange to see 4 cameras at the match. Our entire team were rubbish except for o'flynn. Does O'Brien ever look up when running with the ball? He didnt get one cross in all night, or even find one player with a simple ball, he was woeful bad, never once looked up to see whats going on around him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Wasnt there last night due to the flu but Derek has been living on past glories this year.He always takes the wrong option and spends most of the game moaning or with his hands on hips. We need everyone working for the team but at the moment there are to many passengers unwilling to bust a gut for the team.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    was talking to a few coaches from around the town last night (some of them former players) and it was agreed by all that a lot of them are living on past glories. Maybe it wouldnt do any harm in giving them a kick up the arse, drop them, and give the young lads a run? They all believe that the youth we have at the club now are some of the best in the country and can play unbelieveable football together, only down side would be there weight as they could be easily pushed aside, thats if someone could catch them !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast