Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shame on Waterford

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Shame on Waterford

I have to say that the stewarding tonight was like being in dublin again. The stewards who were there at the start were fine, had a laugh and a joke, that was it. In the second half, a few more came over and one repeatedly (and deliberately) trod on our flags.

Another issue of more concern is the throwing of articles on to the pitch. a young city fan was stopped from throwing used smoke bombs on the pitch after the game which led to a scuffle amnd all the guards had to say was "go home lads." There will be a complaint filed with the gardaí over thew fact that one (no.W** 1**) said his number was "999, you can get me any time, now go home" and the other who was illegally not wearing a number. Shame Its no wonder people have no respect for our police when turkeys like that are "enforcing" the law.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There were two guys who seemed up for a bit of trouble, but I would say that steward #22, the chief steward ?, had absolutely no cop on at all.
    This guy only served as incitement to any potential trouble makers, not a calming infuence. A totally over the top individual, who did WUFC no favours and may actually cause trouble in the future.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    22's a l@nger,
    22's a l@nger,
    da,da,da,da,Heh,
    da,da,da,da,Heh,

No.8's a legend,
    No.8's a legend,
    da,da,da,da,Heh,
    da,da,da,da,Heh.
    If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Shame on Waterford

Originally posted by Éanna
    There will be a complaint filed with the gardaí over thew fact that one (no.W** 1**) said his number was "999, you can get me any time, now go home" and the other who was illegally not wearing a number.
    As far as I know (and Im opoen to be corrected on this, but Im fairly sure), the Gardai dont actually have to have their personal number on their uniforms, except in the Dublin area. The ol' pigs seem to have little time for some people alright, I guess youd have to be related or living next to them or something to get any change out of them.
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Shame on Waterford

Originally posted by Éanna
    Another issue of more concern is the throwing of articles on to the pitch.
    I wouldn't be too worried about that to be honest, it was a nothing incident really. The game was over, there was nobody on the pitch and it was only a few small kids throwing a few empty smoke canisters over the advertising hoardings.
    If it had happened during the game it would be a matter of concern but thankfully nothing was thrown on the pitch during the game.
    Champions!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: Shame on Waterford

Originally posted by Colm
    I wouldn't be too worried about that to be honest, it was a nothing incident really. The game was over, there was nobody on the pitch and it was only a few small kids throwing a few empty smoke canisters over the advertising hoardings.
    If it had happened during the game it would be a matter of concern but thankfully nothing was thrown on the pitch during the game.
    What about the waaaaterford fans throwing smoke flares on the pitch as the teams were coming out???

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Which as far as I could see the smoke flares left a black mark on the pitch throughout the game. Did anyone else see this or is it me going crazy and seeing things.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There was one steward who deserves credit though. The number eight? Tried to keep everyone calm the right way. And actually listened to fans.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by niamh
    There was one steward who deserves credit though. The number eight? Tried to keep everyone calm the right way. And actually listened to fans.
    yeah, thought he did a very good job- more of that and there'd have been no hassle at all. fair play to the fellow

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by niamh
    As i said befor like........

No.8's a legend,
    No.8's a legend,
    da,da,da,da,Heh,
    da,da,da,da,Heh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation Re: Re: Shame on Waterford

Originally posted by Troy.McClure
    As far as I know (and Im opoen to be corrected on this, but Im fairly sure), the Gardai dont actually have to have their personal number on their uniforms, except in the Dublin area. The ol' pigs seem to have little time for some people alright, I guess youd have to be related or living next to them or something to get any change out of them.
    Waterford United have to pay circa €80 to have them there. And they have to have at least five (i could be wrong on this) there. And to be honest they ARE trained to calm those situations down and nothing needed of happened.

To be honest, they whole thing with the empty flare and the scuffle was not that bad in the end in fairness.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

J.O.F.A.S
    yeah the number 8 guy was a class act...pity those two w@nkers at the end had to cause sh!t......a few of us though did try to stop them abusing the waterford players thatame back onto the pitch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    openly admit that i know nothing about the incident but from what has been written if there are city fans who are shouting abuse at the waterford players during their warm down (??it was said when they came back on the pitch??) and throwing stuff on the pitch (regardless of whether it was a big deal or not) a clip round the ear might be the best thing for them. i understand the frustration but still......

anyway, nice to see that there's at least one steward in the LOI doing a good job though.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yee CC fans are the biggest shower of losers I have ever met. How can you blame WUFC for the **** behaviour of CC fans. If it was Rovers causing trouble after a game which they lost yee would be the first club calling every single Rovers fan a scum bag. (even though it is usually only a couple of them). CC fans abusing players during warm down is disgraceful. CC should be fined for this. If you lot cannot behave yourselves especially when yee lose yee lot should not be allowed travel.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Blue Muff
    Yee CC fans are the biggest shower of losers I have ever met. How can you blame WUFC for the **** behaviour of CC fans. If it was Rovers causing trouble after a game which they lost yee would be the first club calling every single Rovers fan a scum bag. (even though it is usually only a couple of them). CC fans abusing players during warm down is disgraceful. CC should be fined for this. If you lot cannot behave yourselves especially when yee lose yee lot should not be allowed travel.
    shut up ya fool.I was giving out about the gardaí not sorting out a problem I brought to their attention, and the fact that a steward of WUFC was intent on causing trouble

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I completely disagree,Every single rovers is a scumbag win or lose.

By the way, you said "(even though it is usually only a couple of them)", was it not only a couple of us??

Think about things before you say them, Blue muff-in head.(i thought that one up myself )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Get over it! We brought a couple of hundred fans to the RSC, were robbed by Eddie Foley and had a police presence (including dogs imported from Dublin!) that Apartheid era South Africa would have been proud of.

Was there any trouble? No.

As the Blues fan said, if that was us you'd be calling for the death penalty. You lot are just like Dolan. Can't take a beating. Get over it!

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steady on now lads. There was no trouble on Friday night, just a little too aggressive attitude from 2 fans and an ott reaction from the steward over a smoke flare.

Two guards came over, but did nothing because there was nothing to do.
    Thats waht I saw.

As I have said already on the thread, the Waterford #22 steward could have caused more trouble that actually calming any, and that could be a problem in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by patsh
    There was no trouble on Friday night
    Exactly.
    I think we were all in good spirits and very excitable but it is important to remember that there was no actual trouble!
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    If you lot cannot behave yourselves especially when yee lose yee lot should not be allowed travel.
    but sure who'd watch ye at the RSC then???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast