Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Euro 2008 Tickets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Euro 2008 Tickets

Heading for to Euro 2008 in June. Anyone else here heading over? Has anyone any tips on how to get tickets? I applied for official tickets but i didn't get one out of the 8 i applied for! So i guess i'll have to tout it. Anyone any advice on this? Where is the best place to get tickets and any other suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    "....until Ray Houghton got the ball and stuck it in the net!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hey All,

Basically it looks as if no more tickets will be available on website, but as for getting tickets when there, i attended the world cup 06 in Germany and it is very easy to pick up tickets outside the stadiums from "touts" and at just slightly more than face value if you wait 20-25 mins before game, however stadiums this time are much smaller than in Germany but still would think tickets will be their at the time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Shouldn't be hard to get tickets outside games. However, it's worth choosing your games. You won't get many tickets outside games featuring the hosts, Germany or Holland. I'd expect Croatia, Czechs, Italy, maybe Sweden to have good following too. Try France or Spain games... good teams with very little travelling support.

And wait until 15 minutes before kickoff, then you're more likely to get them at or near face value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks for the responses so far. Keep them coming.
    "....until Ray Houghton got the ball and stuck it in the net!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Possibly heading over to Greece Vs. Spain in Salzburg. Tickets for that handy enough outside the ground yeah?
    Last edited by sligoman; 11/05/2008 at 1:05 AM.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Try for games in Vienna the stadium is bigger. Should be tickets up there. I got a ticket for the last 1/4 final in Vienna and my name is on the ticket so be careful when you are buying you might be asked for id when entering the stadium.
    Pull my finger!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_barry80 View Post
    Try for games in Vienna the stadium is bigger. Should be tickets up there. I got a ticket for the last 1/4 final in Vienna and my name is on the ticket so be careful when you are buying you might be asked for id when entering the stadium.
    they haven't even gone through the charade of pretending they are going to check names on tickets this time. It doesn't matter and never has.

I reckon tickets will be OK once you avoid the better supported countries like Holland and Germany. Note Croatia and Poland will bring far more than the French.

France, Spain, Portugal and Italy are always good bets. The likes of Romania and Russia would normally be too but not so sure now. Austria on home soil may be surprisingly easy too - ended up with 2 of their games in the ballot.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    From speaking to Zenit fans 2 weeks ago a lot of Russians will travel to countries for the tournament. There are also a lot of German based Russians who will travel down. Sweden and Greece may have big followings too. I dont think that many Romanians will go but the fact their 3 matches are against top drawer teams (and the Dutch) means tickets for them may sell out. Portugal are a good bet for getting tickets.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    From my Germany 06 experience, go for the knockout games. The group stages are easy to plan and tickets will be booked up in advance. If a surprise team gets through, a lot of fans will have already booked flights home, and the team who were expected to get through will have lots of tiekcts to sell off.

In Germany we got tickets for the semifinal that was supposed to be Brazil/England for about half cost price. Once England were eliminated, we met fans who gave us their tickets in return for the cost of a flight home.
    The glass isn't half full or half empty it's just too damn big!