Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Treble for Rangers in Scotland?

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts

Treble for Rangers in Scotland?

That home defeat for Celtic looks in the cup by Aberdeen looks as if it's cleared the way for a clean sweep by the Gers. Does this mean the push for Strachan?
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    That home defeat for Celtic looks in the cup by Aberdeen looks as if it's cleared the way for a clean sweep by the Gers. Does this mean the push for Strachan?
    Possibly, in some ways it would be harsh, given that he has a good deal of success with Celtic, but I don't think he's ever really won the fans over though and to be fair, with the amount of money Celtic have at their disposal in comparison to Rangers they should be walking it at this stage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    There's three Old Firm games left, two at Celtic Park and Rangers have to compete on four fronts so I don't think the league is over yet. Celtic have better individuals but Smith has welded a far more solid team together. You couldn't rule Aberdeen out of winning the cup either. In spite of all Rangers' success this season they still aren't that good a team and Dundee United should have beaten them in the league cup final.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    There's three Old Firm games left, two at Celtic Park and Rangers have to compete on four fronts so I don't think the league is over yet. Celtic have better individuals but Smith has welded a far more solid team together. You couldn't rule Aberdeen out of winning the cup either. In spite of all Rangers' success this season they still aren't that good a team and Dundee United should have beaten them in the league cup final.

To be fair to them they've progressed further than any English team in the UEFA Cup. Smith has made them a very hard team to beat.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Celtic have just so many players low in confidence atm. Naka played alright last night and was Celtic's most creative player but last season he would have absolutely dominated a game like that. Donati, McDonald, Caldwell, Naylor, Vennegoor and even Hinkel aren't mentally 100% atm.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    The thread for Scotch football is here: http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=28672&page=66
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    rangers are an awful side who play "anti football".i still think that we can beat them in the 3 remaining fixtures we have against them but thats if chesney can restore any sort of confidence in a few of our players.end of the season whether we win the league or not its time for chesney to walk

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    The thread for Scotch football is here: http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=28672&page=66
    There's nothing about whisky-drinking footie there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Rangers drew 1-1 with Partick Thistle tonight. Not much on there.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    I did look for it but gave up at Page 35. I notice it is on Page 66!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    The UEFA Cup is well and truly the Champions' League orphan child. I searched for the Rangers' game last night and no sign on Sky or the other main channels but eventually found it on TV3 with Yah Like Conor McNamara (soccer's version of Rhyl Nugent) commentating with Tony Cascarinnnnooooo.

Very enjoyable game with Sporting pressing and pressing in the second half and Rangers defending really well and then hitting them on the break. Alas, the sort of performance one rarely sees from Celtic in Europe away from home. Walter Smith say impassively watching it with Ally McCoist doing all the gesticulating until Rangers scored and old Walter then went ballistic. Florentina up next.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    The UEFA Cup is well and truly the Champions' League orphan child. I searched for the Rangers' game last night and no sign on Sky or the other main channels but eventually found it on TV3 with Yah Like Conor McNamara (soccer's version of Rhyl Nugent) commentating with Tony Cascarinnnnooooo.
    ITV4, Free To Air on satellite, had two UEFA Cup games last night, including Rangers afaik.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Getafe-Bayern was great crack.Highlights were on ITV last night.Rangers will be without Thomson and Ferguson for their next match against Fiorentina.

reder
    Florentina up next.
    That will be a cracking tie. If Rangers play as well as they did last night in the away leg, they will go through. I would love to see them getting though.
    Last edited by reder; 11/04/2008 at 9:25 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fiorentina may have too much attacking ability for Rangers to stop. I predict Fiorentina, but with Rangers' resilient displays who knows?
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    I thought TV3's coverage was good last night much improved compared to their previous efforts for the champions league and Internationals. I watched most of the game on TV3 and only a little bit on ITV4.

Great game too and what a gutsy performance by Rangers although Whittaker will never ever ever score a goal like that again.

The smart money would have to be on Fiorentina but you never know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's a winnable tie for Rangers but Ferguson will be a major loss for the first leg and Thomson too to a lesser extent. Can't help but feel their fixture congestion will have an impact on the tie. They are basically playing a game every 3 or 4 days from here on in.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    I personally think that Rangers have an uphill task to beat Fiorentina, they are better than Rangers everywhere on the pitch, it would have to be Rangers best ever preformances to beat them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reder View Post
    That will be a cracking tie. If Rangers play as well as they did last night in the away leg, they will go through. I would love to see them getting though.
    Why? Curiosity? I don't ever imagine that their fans would be so magnanimous in return, certainly not the ones I know (and I know a few).

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Hard as it is to say, it was a classic european away performance from Rangers. Something Celtic havent done since our own uefa run in 2003.

When you look at the teams left in it, they do have a really good chance please God Mutu and Co can put an end to their dreams!!! Hopefully the heavy match load will start to cause them problems both domestically and in europe.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast