Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaun Williams - Harps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soper View Post
    No need to be ratty with someone just for making a thread

Soper you`re dead right, i shouldn`t have posted that - sorry sean drog !

ps williams was class for us last year
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Loan deal ends June 30th. It was the same with us last year - then when the deal ended, Drogs started messing about in July when we wanted to extend the deal. They took him back and played him in an under-21 game against us, and then eventually decided to send him back to us at the end of the month without even giving him a run in their team (though he was on the bench in the game at home to Galway which was called off).

Same will probably happen with Harps this year. Hegarty should have made sure to get a season long loan.
    To be fair we didnt " mess about " . Sean williams is a Drogheda united player and to my knowledge we were paying some of his wages and maybe still are .So we can do what we want with him despite the incovenience it caused Dundalk .Heres our player and our priority is obviously Drogheda utd and not Dundalk .If we take him back i would love to see him get a run in the team with all the good reports ive heard about him .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Soper you`re dead right, i shouldn`t have posted that - sorry sean drog !

ps williams was class for us last year
    Fair play to ya, you're a good guy/girl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog View Post
    To be fair we didnt " mess about " . Sean williams is a Drogheda united player and to my knowledge we were paying some of his wages and maybe still are .So we can do what we want with him despite the incovenience it caused Dundalk .Heres our player and our priority is obviously Drogheda utd and not Dundalk .If we take him back i would love to see him get a run in the team with all the good reports ive heard about him .
    That may have been the case, but why take him back for just a couple of weeks without even giving him a run in your team, before eventually deciding to send him back to us? It affects Shaun too not knowing where he's going to be. I hope if you take him back from Harps in July this year, you actually give the lad a chance this time and don't start disrupting his season again, as well as Harps'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I hope we take him back aswell tbh .But from what ive heard about last seasson some of the problems came from the player himself and his refusal to go back to dundalk .Dont know for sure but as i said as long as we look after number 1 i.e drogs i will be happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hes no winger. He should be pushed up forward.

Hes slow and ALWAYS cuts inside. He NEVER takes his man on and he NEVER crosses the ball. Hes basically an extra attacker.

Hes good at tracking back and has a great shot. Scored one from 35 yards and another close one from 25 yards. Hes too slow and awkward to be a left winger, a bit like Kevin Kilbane.

Up the Harps
    The deepest layer of human thinking and feeling somehow knows that God must exist - Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    He's a central midfielder. Started on the left wing with us also, but came into his own when moved into the middle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12