Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harps announce €76,900 Profit in 2007

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Harps announce €76,900 Profit in 2007

From the club's website

The turnover was more than doubled on the pevious season to around €650,000 with a profit of almost 77K.

With a new mini stadium on the way and in the process of turning full time, the north west could finally have a decent football club

http://www.finnharps.com/News/08Feb18HarpsAGM.htm
    The deepest layer of human thinking and feeling somehow knows that God must exist - Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Just to warn you, "in the process of turning full time" means competing with clubs with turnovers in the millions.
    How much of the profit was prize money?
    Fair play though, very many clubs in the league could learn from FInn Harps.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    You won't go full time on anything like €650,000!
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Obviously this year there will be a marked increase in turnover again if all goes to plan. Probably moving towards the sort of territory Sligo and Galway are in, probably a bit less than them though. To answer the questions above- 30k of that would have been prizemoney. Also, the Celtic Friendly brought in a huge amount of money, and without it I'd say we'd be looking at a small loss for the season.

Those cautionary notes aside, this does represent an incredible turnaround from the year before were we made a loss and really struggled financially. The impact of Paul Hegarty and the likes of John Campbell on the board have made a huge difference to the club. We still have a long way to go, but a professional structure is finally being put in place off the field and there is reason to be optimistic about the future. That said, if the first team bombs this season (I don't think it will) we could be in bother, but that could be said of any club that doesn't have a sugar-daddy behind it.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Good work by the Harps.

That's a good profit versus turnover - your costs must be relatively low. Though you will need to up your spending on players quite a bit if you hope stay in the Premier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by higgins View Post
    You won't go full time on anything like €650,000!
    That was the first division turnover for a part time club. Its a probably a new record for a 1st division club (may be beaten this year by Fingal ). I was surprised at how high it was. The non-wages expenses seem too high imo.

Advertising revenue is to increase significantly this season, season ticket sales have increased and hopefully gate receipts too. For a team with a stadium that looks like a barn and a green field we are doing well and have not near reached our potential yet.

With 25% of the league being relegated its going to be a very tough season on and off the field.
    Last edited by finnpark; 20/02/2008 at 11:12 AM.
    The deepest layer of human thinking and feeling somehow knows that God must exist - Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    Though you will need to up your spending on players quite a bit if you hope stay in the Premier.
    Well this year anyway. We won't be bottom for sure and we are banking on Cobh, UCD, Galway and Sligo being in the relegation battle. I don't think that we have a better team that Bray but I think we will be either 3rd last or 4th last.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Well done Harps. from small acorns....
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Fair play; it's a step in the right direction, and the key is building on the good year. Well done, it's always a cheer to hear some good news when it comes to Irish teams' finances.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finnpark View Post
    That was the first division turnover for a part time club. Its a probably a new record for a 1st division club (may be beaten this year by Fingal ). I was surprised at how high it was. The non-wages expenses seem too high imo.
    Are you joking ???
    Well done on turning a profit but record turnover!!

and good luck with next season, I was up there last Friday at the Shels game and you didn't have the best of starts. 0-0 it finished but I thought for about 70 mins shels were the better team.

With what kind of turnover do you think you could turn full time ?
    www.ssdg.ie

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    My guess is somewhere between 800k to 1 million this year. Still not massive but hopefully doable.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    A turnover of 1 million would allow you 650,000 for wages.
    You've a bit to go yet if you're turning fulltime in my opinion but best of luck anyway.

Sorting a move to the new ground should be top of the list as Finn Park is a dump
    www.ssdg.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Full time CPO and general manager should help generate the extra off-field income needed.
    I would guess there will be a big crowd for our first game of the season against Cobh and if we get a good result in that game we should be set for a big crowd in our next home game against UCD.
    Alot of ifs and maybes in there but with the manager we have in place we should be safe enough and ready for a good start to the season.
    Our first 3 games are massive and a minimum of 6 points should be our target.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by higgins View Post
    A turnover of 1 million would allow you 650,000 for wages.
    You've a bit to go yet if you're turning fulltime in my opinion but best of luck anyway.

Sorting a move to the new ground should be top of the list as Finn Park is a dump
    The new ground is at an advance stage and according to the board at the AGM, the matter is with the Revenue to sort out stamp duty, taxes, etc and when they are satisfied then its all go with the work to take approx 18 months until completion.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    What I'm seeing here is a eL side who are being open & honest about their financials - I can't think of another club like them!

I know if I had any money to invest, this is the kind of set-up I'd be looking for.
    Well done (again!) Harps & good luck for the year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CuanaD View Post
    What I'm seeing here is a eL side who are being open & honest about their financials - I can't think of another club like them!
    every EL side has to publish its accounts like any other company. We also had a brief over-view of our budget from our new General Manager all of 2 months ago - it will cost €2,000,000 to run CCFC this year.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    It's the fifth time in six years that Harps have returned a profit. In that time, they only showed a loss once - that being in the disaster that was season 2006.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinZac View Post
    every EL side has to publish its accounts like any other company. We also had a brief over-view of our budget from our new General Manager all of 2 months ago - it will cost €2,000,000 to run CCFC this year.
    I think you know what I'm getting at - yes the companies who run clubs are obliged to file accounts & these can be accessed(at minimal cost) through the ROS site (or wherever) if you know the company name - it's the openness of Harps again publishing the exact figures(to the nearest euro) on their website in the news section that makes them different IMO.

As for the 2mil cost of CCFC - its HUGE in eL terms, but that is what has to be done to move forward - I presume this is an increase on last year's costs (?) - what is the projected turnover? (also what was the turnover for '07?)

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finnpark View Post
    From the club's website

The turnover was more than doubled on the pevious season to around €650,000 with a profit of almost 77K.

With a new mini stadium on the way and in the process of turning full time, the north west could finally have a decent football club

http://www.finnharps.com/News/08Feb18HarpsAGM.htm
    Fair play. Wish Harps the best for the season. Is there not a bit of a syndrome in Ballybofey whereby the fans turn out to watch you steamroll the first division but then lose interest a bit with the frequent home defeats that life in the premier brings? Hope this doesn't happen again this season.

Also, how are you funding the new stadium? Local businessmen? Will it be a phase by phase job like Athlone and Tallaght or will it open as the finished article? Will it include other revenue earners such as retail outlets or astro pitches?

Oh and on the turnover thing, Rovers' turnover would have been aabout 800k in Division one. It obviously paid off though.
    We lead, they follow!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CuanaD View Post
    I think you know what I'm getting at - yes the companies who run clubs are obliged to file accounts & these can be accessed(at minimal cost) through the ROS site (or wherever) if you know the company name - it's the openness of Harps again publishing the exact figures(to the nearest euro) on their website in the news section that makes them different IMO.

As for the 2mil cost of CCFC - its HUGE in eL terms, but that is what has to be done to move forward - I presume this is an increase on last year's costs (?) - what is the projected turnover? (also what was the turnover for '07?)
    How would €2m compare to a league 1 or 2 side does anyone know?
    We lead, they follow!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast