Reporter: "Gordan, can we have a quick word?"
    Strachan:"Velocity"

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I'm okay - it's a Manc thing as well!
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lads

I rarely post on foot.ie at all let alone on the cork forum so I assume you are referring to other posters and not me, if so fair enough I'm sure they'd tell you their reasons for contributing to threads about their ex manager, of whom they would be more informed than the posters on this board.

for an informed run down on why dolan is not held in great esteem by many pats fans read here:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~saintspi...n_special.html

it was written by dodge after he got the bullit following a miserable season

also:

Karim El Kebhyr
    Davy Byrne
    Barry Prenderville
    Chris Adamson
    Ryan Casey (defender)
    Barry Prenderville (defender)
    Anthony Murphy (midfielder)
    Keith Fahey (midfielder)
    Jimmi Lee Jones (striker
    David Freeman (striker)
    Keith Dunne (striker)
    Liam George (striker)

all have played first team

Paulo Rogerio Nicomedes (defender)
    Terry Parker (midfielder)
    Lionel Xadhi

reserves

all signed by Eamonn Collins

as against Kevin Doyle: Has he scored a goal yet?

add in the fact that Tony Bird has since come out and lambasted dolan for playing him out of position and stating clearly:

Tony Bird: "Pat Dolan was very wrong when he played me out of position. Eamonn was the man that brought me here and he's the one that knew my strengths. But it was not his final decision where I play when Pat was here"

Tony is now our top scorer and one of the best in the league.

I can't make the case any clearer and have only responded in answer to your questions, make up your own mind

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have also heard from an ex-player under Dolan that he was a brute to play for... He was into outdated methods of training and he knew little outside of running the nads out of players to get the best out of them, which is clearly not the way forward with players... it was like pre-season all year round. The playing staff were well happy to be rid of Pat...
    Reporter: "Gordan, can we have a quick word?"
    Strachan:"Velocity"

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    WWS, Dodge is a fan of the club, is he not?
    Does he know all the intimate details of the running of the club?
    So what we have is a fan who is unhappy with his (ex) club manager.
    Now that's something new, isn't it?
    I have looked for all the complaints and all those pages of criticism written about Dolan when the league championship was on the way to Richmond Park, but cannot find any.

Tony Bird was unhappy with his manager?
    Shock, Horror, a player is not getting what he wants !

Name the club in this country that has been completely happy with their manager 100% of the time?
    We were extrememley unhappy with Gunther, but he left and we got on with it. We have not gone on and on and on about him and his time at the helm.
    Some Pats fans are obsessed with Dolan and do nothing but whinge about him, and the worst thing about it is that most of the management and some players are just as bad..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    OK might as well jump in (tried very hard not to, seeing as us Pats fans can't stop talking about Dolan) and wws put up my piece...

1) On the Pats board we only ever talk about Dolan around the time we play Cork, on the Cork board I only ever contribute about Dolan because me coming on and talking about Keith Dunne means nothing to you.... Cork fans may think we go on about it but really lads come on, get out and see what the world outside of Cork is like...

2) The petty squabling in the league is a disgrace. I feel the problem is that the clubs run the league and have far too much power. A strong league adminisrtation would set game times/dates and the clubs must adhere to them. Anybody who threatens to sue the league should be kicked out immediately (Kilkenny not playing a Cup Semi was the biggest disgrace imaginable) In recent times Bray, Shels, Bohs and one or two others have resorted to legal action. A far stronger rule book is a priority (if not wait for legal challenges when UEFA licensing comes around)

3) Dolan and Keely (and anybody else) should not be allowed comment on other clubs in their weekly tabloid columns. You have no idea how embarressing this has been to our club. (and yes I've alwys said that)

4) Fans are petty and thats ok

5) Yes I think Pats should've changed for Cork but the Pats chairman insists that the Gardai wouldn't allow a change at such short otice (and they have been ****s for the past while with Pats and Rovers)

6) Kevin Doyle is a decent prospect but still hasn't scored in the league (so thats about 30 games a striker without a goal)

7) Dolan was sacked. The window dressing was him leaving.

8) So our celebraions for a goal were OTT but jumping around the pitch wasn't. Goal celebrations can never be OTT

9) Every good player we've had in the past 5 years has complained publicly about Dolan. Most left.

10) Pats fans (in general) don't post here as we have our own board. If you were on that board you would have heard plenty of criticism of Dolan when we were winning leagues. However of course winning leagues papers over the cracks and when you stop winning leagues and you realise your club is being ruined (in more ways than football), people start to complain a little more...
    Anything else?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Dunno how ye got gragged off on a Dolan rant...

Theres clear league rules on postponement or moving days of fixtures. A|s long as clubs follow these what is the problem.

Pats v City
    Rules say need 3 players away on international duty to move games so Pats would only have been doing City a favour by moving the game. Pats obeyed the rules which is fair enough. Maybe rules need changing in this light.

City v Longford
    Seems city asked for a change & longford agreed. Longford are under no obligation to move the game but must see an advantage to themselves in changing the date.
    If city were playing at home in the LC semi its likely they would have kept the scheduled date.
    I don't see the problem.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    Dunno how ye got gragged off on a Dolan rant...

Theres clear league rules on postponement or moving days of fixtures. A|s long as clubs follow these what is the problem.

The dolan thing was answering/clarifying things already mentioned in this thread...

The problem is (quickly getting back to point) that if clubs had a better off field relationship, they'd change something for the "good of the game" and wouldn't cling to "well we are perfectly within our rights" attitude.

Although do you think games should be changed for all internationals or just Ireland ones? I mean we lose Mbabazi a bit during the season, likewise Longford with Avery John and what about U18 internationals?
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

two things

pete:

got dragged off cause two posters above asked for a reason behind his unpopularity at pats by fans, management and players.

DODGE:
    SLIGHT Clarification:
    "you would have heard plenty of criticism of Dolan when we were winning leagues. However of course winning leagues papers over the cracks"

officially Pat Dolan was only manager of ONE league win at Richmond Park, ( notable also that Ireland assistant boss Noel O Reilly was the coach that time )

the other league win was by Liam Buckley

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

look...

its simple....either the league wants international recognition or it does not

you cant cancel matches cause a player gets a call up....its an honour for club and player like mbabazi missing pats games to play for uganda

just get over it or withdraw the player from national duty

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A lot of good point have been made so far about eL politics.

There should be a stronger organisation running the league. They should be professional and enforce the rules.

The rulebook for the league needs to be looked. Its outdated and there are many little things included that don't even exist in most grounds or teams. If they don't why are the rules still there. If they are to be counted, who will enforce them?

Fans should be able to and are petty towards each other which is why the people in charge of the clubs need to start putting the league up their with their own interests.

The league has had a lot to deal with over the past few seasons. There are elements within clubs that are too powerful for the league's good. Summer soccer might be the right way to go but there's still a lot of work to be done IMO to the league's structure and day-to-day running before it can really progress.

As for manager's having weekly columns in national papers. That is not right also IMO.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wouldn't have a problem with managers having a weekly column. The league needs increased media exposure. People like Pat Dolan are well equipped to raise the profile of both the club and the league. Anyway, it's not much different from Pat giving an interview to a reporter. His thoughts would still end up in press. At least this way, he can ensure that his point gets put across properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Nothing wrong with the column, but they should not be allowed slag off other clubs on it (as Dolan and Keely both have done) We don't need any more bad publicity
    ---

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How can a paper cover things from an unbaised view point if they feature managers in a weekly column??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

In fairness

When someone reads a weekly column from a manager they don't expect an unbias view they expect one that's extremely bias. It's a comment piece not news coverage (to go from the boring perspective).

The only thing wrong with giving a manager a weekly column is it leads to overexposure of their club and not enough coverage of the other clubs.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

@ndy
    The league is run primarily by the clubs, which i suppose is the fundamental thing that needs to change. This will lead to better management of the league and could only be a progressive movement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Originally posted by liamon
    I wouldn't have a problem with managers having a weekly column. The league needs increased media exposure.
    i'd agree with this, though he wasn't that popular at Pat's, before dolan came to city i thought he was great for the league. he's one of the few figures in LOI that would be recognisable outside. we need all the exposure we can get.

i wasn't calling the fans petty earlier, just that the way clubs interact with one another looks petty (and bad for the league).
    just for the record.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If Possible, St Pats have gone down even further in my estimation. Never have i come across such a pack of whining, moaning muppets in my life. For Dubs, ye have an even bigger superiority complex than normal. Having met a few of ye in McDowells the last time after the match, i thought ye were a very unpleasant bunch, forever being condescrnding and glory grabbing. If ever i met a crowd of people who are "been there done that" types in my life it was then.

This whole cwap that the SEI are the best fans in the country. BULL. Most original songs? I think not. Best flags? Dont make me bloody laugh.

And as for Mr Eamonn Collins. May his next sh1t be a hedgehog. He was, and still is nobody. the fact that he said what he said on eL weekly showd exactly what kind of character he is. Pats are a very mediocre team with a horrible ground. The sonner its realised the better.

PS. I still hate Rovers more.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by GWA
    Never have i come across such a pack of whining, moaning muppets in my life.
    They say that the majority of Pats fans are glad to see the back of Dolan, I don't believe that for a second. I think that it is just a small group of fans who Dolan must have crossed on some issue or other and that now said small group of fans have a petty vendetta against the man that has done more for their club than anyone has or will do in the future.
    I think that the vast majority of Pats fans recoqnise what Dolan achieved for the club.
    Anyway, ye're whining is getting very tiresome.

This whole cwap that the SEI are the best fans in the country. BULL. Most original songs? I think not. Best flags? Dont make me bloody laugh.
    The SEI are a joke and they are far behind ourselves, Rovers or Bohs when it comes to flags etc.
    Also, why are ye the SHED END invincibles when ye are hardly ever in ye're Shed?

On the issue of managers having newspaper columns, I don't see what the problem is, it raises the profile of the managers club and anyway it is common practice worldwide for football managers to write newspaper columns, why sould we be different?
    Champions!

Neil
    Lads!
    Relax!

We have enough "enemies" with Rovers, Bohs without adding Pats to that list!

It's good that we can actually go for pints in the "Pats pub" after the game, sing "You are a Jackeen...." and not get any aggro.

The Shed End Invisibles do their best like all the fan groups.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast