Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Replica Shirt Sales

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Cork sold around 4,500 last season.

Does anyone believe Wexford sold more shirts than Pats, Rovers or Bohs (c2,000)?

I didnt think so!

I have never seen a Wexford Youths shirt for sale outside Wexford.

With no webshop (that I can find) it makes this claim a bit hard to fathom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    It's all a bit moot anyway.

No one is ever going to match the 54,321 shirts Pats shifted a couple of seasons ago

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was Limerick who sold the most shirts. As we were masquerading as a completely new team, pretty much all of the fans went and bought the new home jersey at least. Many more will have bought the other two along the way, or at the end of the season when the newly opnened club shop had a 40% sale. We do have less fans though, so maybe what would constitute good sales for us, would be failry average by the standards of others.
    We tend to believe that words enable thought. But words can also substitute for thought.

- Richard A. Posner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Remember the last thread about someone claiming the best shirt sales in the league? Trouble ahead for Wexford?
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    Remember the last thread about someone claiming the best shirt sales in the league? Trouble ahead for Wexford?
    Yes but did anyone take The Kilkenny 5's boasts seriously?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is it just me or has the whole Oirish thing of wearing a British shirt tapered off in the last few years? I seem to recall in the early 2000, every moron in this country in a Premiership jersey and every skanger and knacker in a Celtic one. Last couple of years you do not see them as much as you did.

The last time I noticed an outbreak was the last Liverpool - Man U derby before Christmas and all the drunks and dirtbags were standing outside boozers chain-smoking and belching with **** stains on their trousers. Now You would expect these losers to be like this as this is how their retarded, addictive personality type minds work, but it was nothing like previous years when the entire nation seem to be like this.

The last time someone in a Premiership jersey caught my eye in a WTF! kinda of way was some thick-eared culchie in Ballina back in October. Now considering how Pimp Quinn has marketed his 'pie and mash' operation on Tyneside overhere, coupled with just how retarded the average Oirsh soccer supporter is, you would expect to see Sunderland jersies all over the place and you don't.

By the same token you see more and more young kids with LOI jersies walking the streets all the time. I was up in Sligo a few weeks back and every second kid had a Rovers jersey.

Are we turning the corner at last and finally winning back a generation of soccer supporters in this country away from the RTE's, superpubs giant TV screens, and Pimp Quinns?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Recent visit of City players and the FAI Cup to a school in Cork:

Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    whats bohs so good say is true you see more and more wearing LOI jerseys, id say ramblers had record sale the last two years all the kids seem to have a ramblers jersey, maybe thing are good for the future, id say with the amount of kids wearing the jerseys if even half take up following there local side youd be doin ok.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaraa View Post
    I always suspected that crowd were nordies.
    When are Bryanstown Utd. moving to their new stadium in County Meath? There's only one thing that seperates all 'nordies', as you put it, from soudies (see, doesn't that look ridiculous) and that's their (our brethren in the north's) inability to pronounce Drogheda.

How on earth did we manage to get our jerseys into Belfast? ... Must have been that Lithuanian wholesaler.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jaysus, that's a great photo GavinZac!

Hard to believe that's an Irish school. We need more of the same from all clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boh_So_Good View Post
    By the same token you see more and more young kids with LOI jersies walking the streets all the time. I was up in Sligo a few weeks back and every second kid had a Rovers jersey.

Are we turning the corner at last and finally winning back a generation of soccer supporters in this country away from the RTE's, superpubs giant TV screens, and Pimp Quinns?
    I'm not too sure, i think a lot of it is down to the quality merchandising thats available from clubs these days. Our jersey last year was our nicest in years and therefore sold lots.
    There was lots of people buying Dundalk jerseys last year who wouldn't even know how to get to Oriel park. I know it mightn't be the same for the Dublin clubs but id say a lot of young people are buying them as a sign of identity much as they way a county GAA jersey would have been bought in the past. Another factor may be the way they can now be purchased with a lot of clubs having an online shop and national sportshops like lifestyles and elvery's stocking LOI jerseys a lot more than they used to.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    whats bohs so good say is true you see more and more wearing LOI jerseys, id say ramblers had record sale the last two years all the kids seem to have a ramblers jersey, maybe thing are good for the future, id say with the amount of kids wearing the jerseys if even half take up following there local side youd be doin ok.
    So it's happening all over the country. This is great news.

Only 5 years ago the Dream Team replica shirt was the top selling jersey in the country and 11,000 moron paid into Tolka to see them play when they normally "play" in front of UK stadiums for free at half-time and they have to completely re-dub the sounds to hide the boos and insults. Not only did the "soccer mad Orish" pay for this, but cheered the goals and asked for autographs. One of the actors was being interviewed by RTE and seem bewildered when real sport questions were put to him. "Did Shelbourne test your defence enough?"

I think that episode was the absolute low-point in Irish soccer history. We should of been the laughing stock of the world, yet RTE covered it like it was a real match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberto_eire View Post
    Elverys have LOI jersies too...... black Rovers ones .
    Cant understand that?
    Couldn'y get a Kilkenny jersey for love nor money for the last 2 season since Umbro were doing our kits. If they had been available we might have got an extra bob of 2.

Still Elvery's have Shelbourne jersys on sale before they went bang & last season it was the Sham Rovers black jersey!
    "We didn't underestimate them. They were just a lot better than we thought."

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have been saying for years that there should be a dedicated LOI shop in Dublin City centre which would sell all merchandise from ALL League clubs, an online shop should also be set up and this should all be run inconjunction with the clubs and FAI to ensure the clubs get a decent portion of any profit made. Also if possible the jersies should be sold marginally cheaper than the Premiership/La Liga/Serie A jersies you see on sale in Lifestyle, Champion sports etc. Furthermore all ROI gear should be sold from here as should tickets from international games and the FAI cup final.

I know that Cork have a shop in cork city centre and in galway there is a sports shop called Connaught Sports (think thats its name) which sells merchandise for galway utd, galway gaa and connaught rugby which is a very good idea IMO.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boh_So_Good View Post
    Only 5 years ago the Dream Team replica shirt was the top selling jersey in the country and 11,000 moron paid into Tolka to see them play when they normally "play" in front of UK stadiums for free at half-time and they have to completely re-dub the sounds to hide the boos and insults. Not only did the "soccer mad Orish" pay for this, but cheered the goals and asked for autographs. One of the actors was being interviewed by RTE and seem bewildered when real sport questions were put to him. "Did Shelbourne test your defence enough?"

I think that episode was the absolute low-point in Irish soccer history. We should of been the laughing stock of the world, yet RTE covered it like it was a real match.
    Couldnt agree more BSG I remember being asked several times to get tickets for this "match" but told the person asking me to go to a LOI game instead of that muck. If memory serves it even made the sports pages of the Star!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eelmonster View Post
    When are Bryanstown Utd. moving to their new stadium in County Meath? There's only one thing that seperates all 'nordies', as you put it, from soudies (see, doesn't that look ridiculous) and that's their (our brethren in the north's) inability to pronounce Drogheda.

How on earth did we manage to get our jerseys into Belfast? ... Must have been that Lithuanian wholesaler.
    Not sure when Drogheda utd are moving into our new stadium in Drogheda co meath .The sooner the better tbh .As for your inability to pronounce Drogheda ? It matches your inability to get out of the First Division .You like apples ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog View Post
    Drogheda co meath .
    What part of Drogheda borough, in otherwords Drogheda town, ie. Drogheda is in Meath? Time for a name change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eelmonster View Post
    What part of Drogheda borough, in otherwords Drogheda town, ie. Drogheda is in Meath? Time for a name change.
    Not gonna drag this off topic any more than it is already , but you need to do your homework if you want to wind people up . Parts of Drogheda town and Borough are situated just over the county border into meath .Therefore your adress can be Drogheda co Louth or Drogheda Co Meath were the new stadium will hopefully be built .That clear enough for ya now or what ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog View Post
    Not gonna drag this off topic any more than it is already , but you need to do your homework if you want to wind people up . Parts of Drogheda town and Borough are situated just over the county border into meath .Therefore your adress can be Drogheda co Louth or Drogheda Co Meath were the new stadium will hopefully be built .That clear enough for ya now or what ?
    Currently, not one part of Drogheda Borough is in Meath, though parts of the town which were in Meath were ceded to Louth over a hundred years ago - I think you need to do a bit of homework, Meathman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Do a quick google there for Drogheda Co Meath and see what you get .And make your mind up will ya, if no part of Drogheda is in Meath ! How am i A meath man ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast