Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moderator Discussion ONLY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Moderator Discussion ONLY

Just back from a nice weekend back home where no doubt I ran into one or 2 of you.

I appreciate a few of you suggesting myself but I posted earlier about how I don't have the time really to do it properly for various reasons but I have been ruled out now anyway so it doesn't matter (hadn't read Dahamsta's post properly ).

Keep this thread for discussion only, NOT nominations and keep it clean. You know yourselves that far too many threads lately are descending into childish crap so we wouldn't even need to be discussing a moderator if everyone could cut out the name calling etc.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I've been nominated and personally I don't have a problem with being a moderator. I'm on this forum everyday so i'd be able to keep track of things fairly well.
    Whoever it is that gets voted in as moderator will be filling a position that is badly needed on this forum so i'm not really that bothered as to whether it's me or someone else.
    I feel you were hard done by drinkfeckarse and we probably just lost the best candidate for the position.i.e you
    R u still allowed to vote?
    Last edited by rambler14; 22/01/2008 at 4:19 PM.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post
    I've been nominated and personally I don't have a problem with being a moderator. I'm on this forum everyday so i'd be able to keep track of things fairly well.
    Whoever it is that gets voted in as moderator will be filling a position that is badly needed on this forum so i'm not really that bothered as to whether it's me or someone else.
    I feel you were hard done by drinkfeckarse and we probably just lost the best candidate for the position.i.e you R u still allowed to vote?
    how does a moderator operate?, does he do dahamstas job and hand out infractions etc?does he use his own interpretation as to what is deemed offensive or out of line.
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6yardpunisha View Post
    how does a moderator operate?, does he do dahamstas job and hand out infractions etc?does he use his own interpretation as to what is deemed offensive or out of line.
    I assume he uses his own interpretation as to what is deemed offensive or out of line. Deletes off topic posts and deletes abusive posts. Locks threads that have gotten out of hand, etc...
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I assume he uses his own interpretation as to what is deemed offensive or out of line. Deletes off topic posts and deletes abusive posts. Locks threads that have gotten out of hand, etc...
    wouldnt mind some clarification on this as we all know some of our threads can get a bit feisty
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    Moderators are expected to implement our rules at their discretion. Fiesty is ok, disruptive is not. At the moment, the Cobh forum is disruptive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    i also wouldnt mind doing this, im on every day, as 14 said its just to keep the place clean and tidy, its a football forum, so none footballing topics are deleted, you cant expect dahamsta to keep track of every piece of abuse that happens, so there are moderaters, if one is appointed they would have to be here on a fairly regulary basis, our forum had tripeled id say in the last 6 months, so you would (i assume) have to pick someone here longer than that, and with a lot of posts, not a fire head

top of my head
    me
    bellavistman
    ramblers 14
    and ramsfan
    all here constantly
    cant think of any more just add to the list,

haha just noticed 14 is here 3 years longer than me and i have more posts than him, and im here longer than bella and he has twice my posts

also lads if anyone is made moderater you will not be allowed bully, youd have to accept other peoples point of view and not delete threads cause you dont like a certain person
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I'd assume that there are a set of guidelines set out by Admin that all Moderators need to adhere to. Let's keep in mind that Moderators need to be level-headed and very openminded, especially when it comes to an argument or something that involve a 'buddy'. It's a known fact that being a Moderator of any forum on any site gives that Moderator a certain amount of 'power', which is sometimes abused.

I have no idea what policies are in place here regarding the distribution of infractions, thread and post deletion etc etc and quite frankly I have no reason to want to know.

DFA made a point that some of the threads in here going down the swanny as they progress and he's correct in what he says. I'm party to that just as much as anyone else here. Everyone has their likes and dislikes.

I'm aware of the average age of the users specific to the Ramblers section here and would hate to think that one of you would be putting yourselves forward, or having the 'buddy' nominate you for the Moderators role 'just for a laugh' so you can delete things, not because you find them offensive or against the rules here, but because you have a certain dislike for another user.

To conclude, I'd say that being perfectly honest with ourselves, there isn't a need for a Moderator here if we all (and I include myself in that) behave, but that's my own personal opinion, but would recommend that if there were one put in place that maybe, and just maybe, he should hail from another section of the forums or at least already be a moderator and willing to take on the Ramblers Mod role.

Now that must be the most sensible post I've ever written No need to agree
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    also lads if anyone is made moderater you will not be allowed bully, youd have to accept other peoples point of view and not delete threads cause you dont like a certain person[/quote]

do we have someone who could fill the criteria set above

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    In the 6+ years that Foot.ie has been running, we've had a pretty good record on picking mods that are above that sort of childishness. So leave us to worry about it please.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6yardpunisha View Post
    do we have someone who could fill the criteria set above
    I doubt it but we need someone who knows Ramblers. An outside source is not the answer IMO.
    What luka said is not necesserily the criteria needed. Reading luka's post he seems to be assuming that some of the nominations are jokes but from what i see they seem to be honest posts.
    The average age isn't as low as we think on here. Theres a lot of people after being deleted from the forum by dahamsta and they were all young fellas who were too wild. So with them gone the average age went up.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Think Luka makes a lot of sense in his post..suppose we are all guilty of going OTT at some time or other but lately its got really out of control..some people just cant see other peoples points of view and start a slagging match..IMO a fair few of the elder "posters" are not posting very much and I think the reason for this is the way things develope here..Think lads some people mite think before they post and no need for insults..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    You read it wrong then R14. I believe they are all genuine nominations by the poster. I hope to see some of you out on the campaign trail later this evening. No rubbish through my letterbox thanks.
    RamblersWeb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    indeed this place has been severely messy recently, but i think, dahamsta, your best best might be to hang as tough as tough as ya can until the season starts, because alot of the posts have no football meaning, and theres not alot happening in rams either.

Wait until the AGM draws nearer though..
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    well lads at the end of the day we need someone who can stay a moderater for longer than six months, as dahamsta said he and the other mods will decide, so we must ask is there anyone here, and i honestly dont think so
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Whoever it may be.......good luck!

Let the campaigns begin..........
    Last edited by rambler14; 22/01/2008 at 7:10 PM.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I'm easily bribed R14
    RamblersWeb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    moderator= unbiased(not committee etc)fair, level headed and not easily wound up , let us think struggling here a little bit. people come on here for chat and moan in equal measures, if your a mod have to be whiter than white whoever does it will prob get very bored of sitting on fence very quickly IMO
    We control by attitudes positive mental attitudes not by rules.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Whiter than white? Michael Jackson so..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    and forgot the most important thing cant go following players into shops and other outlets
    We control by attitudes positive mental attitudes not by rules.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast