Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend a holiday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    If you could stretch the money a bit I reckon you'd love South Africa and Cape Town in particular. Great weather, shopping for the laydee and lots of actions sports and the like and a real laid back vibe..
    Cape Town in Feb is fantastic, hot and sunny but most people are quite relaxed because it gets manic over Christmas & New year so by Feb everyone has aclmed down again. If you plan to surf bring or rent a full body wet suit because the water is proper cold.
    Only problem is you really should hire a car and get out of the city, do Hermanus, Wine Route, Garden Route if you have time there is loads to see so 1 week is nowhere near enough.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208 View Post
    I haven’t been but after the flights its cheap enough accommodation food clothes etc all very reasonable. It’s a nice spot if you don’t mind supporting those kinds of regimes
    Sounds good, I like snowboarding too and would like to get in a day or 2 while over there and I hear the indoor slopes are open till 1am over there.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Thats what caught my eye aswell if you havent done it before you are prob better off going snowboarding for the week somewhere else.

Ive never heard any bad reports but looking at the thread on the guy getting 4 years because a lump of hash invisible to the naked eye was found on his shoe or the guy that got 4 years for having 3 poppy seeds on his shirt that fell from a roll he ate in london. Id just be carefull

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I've gone boarding twice before, it wouldn't be my main reason for going to Dubai but it would make a nice break from lying on the beach every day, yeah those sentances were insane, no common sense it just seems like those people were randomly selected to be made an example out of, it wouldn't stop me going but it would make me a bit paranoid checking in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    I've gone boarding twice before, it wouldn't be my main reason for going to Dubai but it would make a nice break from lying on the beach every day, yeah those sentances were insane, no common sense it just seems like those people were randomly selected to be made an example out of, it wouldn't stop me going but it would make me a bit paranoid checking in

From The Times:

How children's medicine could get you four years in a Dubai jail.

"It’s selling itself as a 21st-century playground, a world capital of tourism offering beach resorts to challenge the Caribbean, Parisian art and Hong Kong-style shopping in an environment that’s “safer than Singapore”. But draconian antidrug laws are undermining Dubai’s carefully cultivated fun-loving image.
    http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/...cle3552235.ece

And another story here: http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/...cle3607846.ece

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12