Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jamie O'Hara

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zenokelly View Post
    Joe Gamble wouldn't make the Spurs reserves, don't mind start in their most hyped game of the season.
    you're basing this on...
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinZac View Post
    you're basing this on...
    I'm basing that on the fact that he was a Reading reject a few years ago and everybody knows that Spurs won't be signing him. How many premiership clubs have come in for him recently, certainly none the calibre of Spurs.

Go on slate me and try to prove me wrong
    San Marino are going to be a handful as the group goes on." - Steve Staunton reacts to performance against San Marino.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zenokelly View Post
    I'm basing that on the fact that he was a Reading reject a few years ago and everybody knows that Spurs won't be signing him. How many premiership clubs have come in for him recently, certainly none the calibre of Spurs.
    Well they aren't spurs, but we turned down an offer from Charlton and Reading for him this year. His status as a "reading reject" is hardly relevant, i'd imagine his performances in the champions league and for Ireland B and the seniors is probably more relevant than being yet-another-irish-lad let go during the ITV bust.

the truth is, you've never seen him play, have you? or perhaps you saw him play for 45 minutes while staunton played him as a winger and bloody second striker because he had to stick him in somewhere. you're making the old chestnut mistake of "he's only as good as his current level". not very wise, given, for example, the stories of kevin doyle and neale fenn - a player who never played at the top grade before cork city, and a player who was a spurs "starlet". Sound familiar? where are they now?

Go on slate me and try to prove me wrong
    cheer up guv'nor, its christmas.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    i watched the full game yesterday, and he looked good.

he has a decent shot on him, can take good set pieces with his left, can spray passes around (can play it short and can play a killer ball).
    holds possession well and unlike the rest of spurs midfield can dictate tempo and that's why he'll become a regular under ramos.

i'm sure the new manager will be interested in him
    Last edited by eekers; 23/12/2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Sorry how does one become a regular when that is his first start ever for Spurs in a league match.
    In Trap we trust

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    Sorry how does one become a regular when that is his first start ever for Spurs in a league match.
    sorry typo i meant "he'll"

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    He has reached his 21st birthday and he has been capped at underage level for England.
    File under Kevin Nolan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well they aren't spurs, but we turned down an offer from Charlton and Reading for him this year. His status as a "reading reject" is hardly relevant, i'd imagine his performances in the champions league and for Ireland B and the seniors is probably more relevant than being yet-another-irish-lad let go during the ITV bust.

the truth is, you've never seen him play, have you? or perhaps you saw him play for 45 minutes while staunton played him as a winger and bloody second striker because he had to stick him in somewhere. you're making the old chestnut mistake of "he's only as good as his current level". not very wise, given, for example, the stories of kevin doyle and neale fenn - a player who never played at the top grade before cork city, and a player who was a spurs "starlet". Sound familiar? where are they now?

cheer up guv'nor, its christmas.
    Well I actually have seen him play numerous times, not in the flesh but via RTE and SETANTA. He is one of the best midfielders in the league, however, I don't think, in my opinion he would get anywhere near Ramos's side full stop.
    Doyle probably wouldn't get in the side either. That's all I'm saying.

By the way Happy Christmas to you!
    San Marino are going to be a handful as the group goes on." - Steve Staunton reacts to performance against San Marino.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steven Reid, Andy Reid, Darren Potter to name a few wouldn't get near the Spurs team either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    worth a look if he's eligible. Who he'd prefer to play for really doesn't concern me once he gives 100%. I think there's some very wooly, romanticised thinking on that issue when it comes to our 2gens. Please don't make me picture Killer in his Irish dancing costume. The stitches won't hold.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well they aren't spurs, but we turned down an offer from Charlton and Reading for him this year.
    AFAIK there was no formal bid made by those two clubs, just rumours. Gamble is a quality player and should be in the Ireland squad IMO, obviously not good enough for Spurs though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joema View Post
    AFAIK there was no formal bid made by those two clubs, just rumours. Gamble is a quality player and should be in the Ireland squad IMO, obviously not good enough for Spurs though
    Well, they were "enquiries" whereby CCFC told them to get lost.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    O'Hara has only played 1 game.......anyone remember Dean Marney (if thats his correct name) for Spurs a couple of seasons back? People were raving about him as well and I haven't heard of him since......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor View Post
    O'Hara has only played 1 game.......anyone remember Dean Marney (if thats his correct name) for Spurs a couple of seasons back? People were raving about him as well and I haven't heard of him since......
    yeah, he was linked with Ireland by the Star, and was later shown to have Irish great-grandparents and was ineligible for the Republic. There was a discussion about it on the forum here: http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=207159
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Which reminds me of a Spurs kid who was fought over by Charlton and Taylor, a kid called Andy Turner who plumetted through the divisions like a stone. And people raved about Stephen Kelly and all the others.

We look at a young player and assume an upward spiral until they meet they true potential. But it rarely happens. Despite the money in the game in England there is a real lack of top class coaching so clubs pay disgusting salaries to players but don't invest in coaching. Insane. There is talent and potential there that all can see and it just goes to waste.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    O'Hara got 90mins V Fulham again today
    "as always i will be focused on coaching and training my team" Rafa B

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    interesting to see what happens when zokora and jenas come back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eekers View Post
    interesting to see what happens when zokora and jenas come back
    I think the fact that he's a total midfielder will make a difference, whereas Zokora is more defensive, and Jenas more defensive.

The fact that he's a left footer may also give him an advantage if Ramos is the kind of manager who likes to have a certain number of left footers in his side for balance.

Didn't have a nightmare against Fulham obviously, but did not look as bright as last match.
    Last edited by irishfan86; 27/12/2007 at 2:20 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    He has reached his 21st birthday and he has been capped at underage level for England.
    File under Kevin Nolan.
    That's the key isn't it?

Pity, as he's a good p[layer in a position we are desperate for someone with his attributes.

This was in the Sunday Telegraph's write up on the Arsenal v Spurs game:

Under Ramos, Spurs have started to flow and while everyone goes on about Arsenal's youngsters, they have found a little Irish gem themselves in Jamie O'Hara, 19, who has already played for England Under-18s but is now having his grandfathers checked out by the Football Association of Ireland. The FAI are not known as Find Another Irishman for nothing.

O'Hara made his debut as a substitute at Portsmouth last week and played as though he had been in the side for years. After another sub's role against Manchester City in midweek, he was given his first start here, a sign of how much faith Ramos has in him, and he promptly upstaged senior midfield men like Steed Malbranque and Kevin-Prince Boateng. Mind you, a lad who has spent most of this season on loan at Millwall was never going to be frightened of a north London derby.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    The Sunday Telegraph got his age wrong, he was 21 last Sept.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast