Thread: Member of the British Royal family a Nazi

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts

Member of the British Royal family a Nazi

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Poor man. Wasn't invited to the wedding 50 years ago because he helped out in the Nazi euthanasia programme.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    And the Pope is a catholic...... :lol:

BTW he's not a member of the British royal family - he's related to Phillip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    No huge surprise. The English royal family are genetically as much German as they are English (if not even more so).

Not sure why they didn't point out the rather obvious fact that Phillip's family surname is only Mountbatten because it was changed form 'Battenburg' during the war.

Also - 'Windsor' is a makkey-uppy name for the Royal Family as a whole, taken from the name of the town where their main ex-London residence is. Their original title is a bit of a mouthful in full version, but is summarised as Saxe-Coburg.

It is surprising how closely related the two sides were during the First World War.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    It is surprising how closely related the two sides were during the First World War.

And not just Britain and Germany...Kaiser Willhelm and Tsar Alexander were cousins.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Windsors are German. Is this news?
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyCakes View Post
    And not just Britain and Germany...Kaiser Willhelm and Tsar Alexander were cousins.
    No. But the extreme closeness of Prince Phillip to senior Nazis is news (of sorts !), and I for one will be watching the show to learn more.

Problem was that in those days you could only marry other blue-blooders (no hope of a mere Lady Diana or Fergie infiltrating the gene pool...), and after the French did their bit for democracy in 1789, and Garibaldi sawoff the Italian lot in the 1860's, the available selection pool for royal suitors became incredibly small.

Germany had so many states/principalities before it was unified in the 1860's, that they had more royal-types than pretty much any other country in Europe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    No. But the extreme closeness of Prince Phillip to senior Nazis is news (of sorts !), and I for one will be watching the show to learn more.
    This is the same Prince Philip who called Japanese people chinky and slitty eyed right? and who has also produced soundbytes like these in his time

Seeing a shoddily installed fuse box in a high-tech Edinburgh factory, HRH remarked that it looked like it was put in by an Indian

Upon presenting a Duke of Edinburgh Award to a student, when informed that the young man was going to help out in Romania for six months, he asked if the student was going to help the Romanian orphans; upon being informed he was not, it was claimed the 85-year-old duke added: Ah good, there's so many over there you feel they breed them just to put in orphanages

During a Royal visit to a Tamil Hindu temple in London, he asked a Hindu priest if he was related to the terrorist Tamil Tigers

In 2002, he asked an Indigenous Australian businessman, Do you still throw spears at each other?

In 1987, he wrote in his book If I Were an Animal that In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, in order to contribute something to solve overpopulation

Who'd have thought he'd associate with genocidal racists?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfc_1928 View Post
    And the Pope is a catholic...... :lol:

BTW he's not a member of the British royal family - he's related to Phillip.
    1. He's dead (and has been over over 50 years).

2. He was a member of the British royal family - he was a grandson of Victoria - but he was disinherited in 1919 because of his support for Germany in the First World War and therefore ceased to be a member after this.

3. Not sure what, if any, relation he was to Philip.

He became Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha in 1900 and inherited full powers on reaching age 21 in 1905. I think he lived in Germany from then on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    This is the same Prince Philip who called Japanese people chinky and slitty eyed right? and who has also produced soundbytes like these in his time

Seeing a shoddily installed fuse box in a high-tech Edinburgh factory, HRH remarked that it looked like it was put in by an Indian

Upon presenting a Duke of Edinburgh Award to a student, when informed that the young man was going to help out in Romania for six months, he asked if the student was going to help the Romanian orphans; upon being informed he was not, it was claimed the 85-year-old duke added: Ah good, there's so many over there you feel they breed them just to put in orphanages

During a Royal visit to a Tamil Hindu temple in London, he asked a Hindu priest if he was related to the terrorist Tamil Tigers

In 2002, he asked an Indigenous Australian businessman, Do you still throw spears at each other?

In 1987, he wrote in his book If I Were an Animal that In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, in order to contribute something to solve overpopulation

Who'd have thought he'd associate with genocidal racists?
    never thought I'd find a soul mate in the royal family of all places

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Problem was that in those days you could only marry other blue-blooders (no hope of a mere Lady Diana or Fergie infiltrating the gene pool...), and after the French did their bit for democracy in 1789, and Garibaldi sawoff the Italian lot in the 1860's, the available selection pool for royal suitors became incredibly small.
    Didn't the House of Savoy rule the united Italy until the end of WW2?
    I'm what? I'm ants at a picnic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paudie View Post
    Didn't the House of Savoy rule the united Italy until the end of WW2?
    Yes, but presumably he was referring to all the other Italian royals - in Tuscany, the Two Sicilies, Modena, Parma, etc. (although I think Garibaldi is only responsible for seeing off the Bourbons in the Two Sicilies).