Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: same old story

techs

same old story

Well we've nearly completed the first round of matches and we are 3rd bottom. Personally i think its far from good enough and if it continues then Matthews has got to go. Nothing has changed from last season, Darragh Sheridan is still gettin a game(god only knows why) and we've changed our centre halfs on numerous occasions when clearly that wasn't our problem. If something doesnt change we will be looking at the dreaded play off come the end of the season

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question

why do we always have to keep our premier status.why cant we be challenging for europe . surelt we atre good enough if we get
    a couple of DECENT midfielders when the transfer window opens............................................. ..............................................

CIARAN MARTYN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    wasnt at the game, but was Longford really playing for a draw, as mentioned by Jimmy McGeough.... if so, surely in the position we’re in, we should be going for the 3 points to get us up the table...
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    from the reports i've seen murphy played well, i think he is a cracking little player and has a good football brain along with buckets of skill, get him in the gym and build him up, he could be a big asset to the club if he is brought along in the right way
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by PAURO 7
    was Longford really playing for a draw, as mentioned by Jimmy McGeough
    Eh no, read the report on the reliable flansiro.net.... we went for the win, attacking to the end of the singing town fans... all 5 of us...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Yep just read it, what the hell is McGeough on about?? Bitterness cos we denied Waterford top spot i reckon....
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by PAURO 7
    Bitterness cos we denied Waterford top spot i reckon....
    Hate to say it, but I actually agree with Noel King for once - there is no way that they will stay up there.... They were very ordinary on Friday, and I would expect us to finish above them...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    macy wash your mouth out, never have i heard such drunkin talk in my life !!!!! go outside and whip yourself until you co0me to your senses and realise the model king is the anti-christ.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    ah don't mind Jimmy. his opinions can be a bit one-sided to say the least.
    Must admit that was probably the poorest we've played so far, afer a decent start to the match, so i won't complain about a point.

ps can we have kirby back now.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by noby
    ah don't mind Jimmy. his opinions can be a bit one-sided to say the least.
    Must admit that was probably the poorest we've played so far, afer a decent start to the match, so i won't complain about a point.

ps can we have kirby back now.
    eh no

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i agree

I agree with techs the team isnt really the problem its matthews and his tactics. He should have realised that hoofing the ball up the field dosent work. The only good football was between barrett and kirby and murphy, they were linking up very well. He looks to be a very good prospect. I was sitting in front of some of the older longford town fans in waterford and they wouldn stop saying get him off hees too small and sh**e like that. the way i see it , if hes good enough he should get his chance and personally i think he is. I think matthews has spent a little to long with keely and should try to adopt his own style of play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Originally posted by noby
    Must admit that was probably the poorest we've played so far,
    Worse than against us?
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

team should be

digger
    alan murphy-dr
    barry frguson-dc
    brian mcgovern-dc
    sean dillon-dl
    alan kirby-mr
    eric lavine -mc
    avery john-mc
    brian byrne-ml
    barrett -striker
    mulvihil-striker

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [FONT=arial][COLOR=darkblue]I like that team...[/COLOR][/FONT]

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Hmmm That team does look good....

Personally I think the people who are calling for Matthews heads should relax until the end of the season... This is basically his first full season, and he deserves the vast majority of this one.... At the very least he should be given the next transfer window, when players released by Brit clubs come available, to try and turn it around....

Also people slagging the style of football have to remember the state of the pitch is hardly conducive to good football - last season we were playing reasonable stuff, on the beach it's not going to be easy... I thought we played reasonable football on Friday, although behind the goal isn't the best vantage point (but then niether is about 100 yards from the pitch down either side)...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i like the team but is erics work rate good enough for the middle of the park , one thing is for sure avery would get the tackles in.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i think it should be tried. lavine has to go to midfield almost every time to get the ball so it shouldnt be too new to him.avery wud look after the defensive side and as you said geyt in the tackles while lavin e cud run at them.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    barrett maybe be a savage player but hes not a great goalscorer and paddy mulvihull dosent proform well for the seniors at all. hes good in the u21s though. i'd have murphy and barrett with barretts skil and murphy accuracy and natural goalscoring abilities they would be a lethal partnership and macy you cant use a bad pitch as an excuse. The pitch was only really bad for the first matchit has improved a good bit since then. i never said matthews out i just said he should addopt a new style of play.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    it's the damp weather which makes the pitch look alright, the amount of sand thats still on it is disgraceful, the sand disturbs grip and is far more prone to divots, I feel we played better football on Tolka and the RSC than we did in Flancare...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i know the pitch was bad but longford could even use this as an advantage. theres really not much that could be done about. The international game destroyed it. but its in fairly decent shape now. theres alot more grass on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast